• You can sometimes get over 400 fields, but that is very rare. I don't know of an exact "maximum", but generally it is not a good idea to keep a planet that has under 300 fields if you want to build a long term mine base.

Some tips to get higher fields on a colonisation are to colonise the hotter planets in a system. This is not a guarantee of a high field planet, and a cold planet can also sometimes give you a high field, but in general, high field colonise flights happen more often on hot planets.

Many years ago, there were theories about making sure you colonised with a certain amount of res on the colony flight, and to include a recycler on the colony flight, etc, but I think most of those theories were debunked.

Just keep sending colony ships until you get a good sized field base.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

Edited once, last by Fodsey ().

• thank you, but the next part I couldnt understand...

Many years ago, there were theories about making sure you colonised with a certain amount of res on the colony flight, and to include a recycler on the colony flight, etc, but I think most of those theories were debunked.

• Many years ago, there were theories about making sure you colonised with a certain amount of res on the colony flight, and to include a recycler on the colony flight, etc, but I think most of those theories were debunked.

People were trying to find out what helped to get a bigger field planet. So they tried many things. Someone said they had found a way to get a bigger field planet, and that you had to always have some resources in your colony ship. Someone else said that you had to colonise with a recycler and a colony ship together to have better success. So someone did a test of about 100 colonisations (I can't remember who it was), and it turned out that having resources on the colony ship didn't seem to change anything, and having a bigger fleet in the colony flight didn't seem to change anything either...

Anyway, the point is that only warmer planets clearly have a higher chance of being bigger fields. Nothing else has been shown to have any real effect.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• I have no planet with less than 300 fields. I did it always in this way: sending 6 coloships , every 2 minutes 1, to the wanted planet. If I got less than 300 fields, I directly delete the planet and wait the next coloship and so on. It seems the success with this procedure gives me wright :) . But of cause... the field number depends only on coincidence. But anyway I will continue this procedure in the future :)

Universe Retro - UserID 2006 * Sirius - UserID 51 *Genesis 5 - UserID 47

• I understand but its difficult to make a planet with more than 350 fields as minimum I want to find... I just have spent my 2 days (yesterday and today) with more than 150 coloships and the maximum field of planet appeared was of 340 fields, at 3 times...

Thanks guys

• In the Interdimensional Transmisor (IDT) you can win buidling fields.

If you play actively in events, usually there is the oportunity to win IDT-spins. It's only a question of collecting large amounts of spins.

Since being aware of this, I keep every colony with at least 300 fields. After 1 year I have got 12 colonies, each 350+ fields. By end of this year certainly 380+.

• You can buy +10 fields in the shop for all off your planets - script will add this also to all that you will colonize in futere.
    Like it was written above you can try to use IDT for this, from time to time you may win few extra field's to one of your planets there.

My sugestion for colonization:

If you want to colonize a big one try to hit those with numeber in the midle off. In other words dont colonize planets with number 1,2,3,4, 13,14,14,16 try t hit 7-8-9 rather. Those are the one you should made fast big.
    This will be the faster way i my opinion.

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• You can buy +10 fields in the shop for all off your planets

it could be 10x 10 fields but in basic your correct with all you wrote.

anyway i would advise to search for numbers 7-12 in best position one of these numbers isnt near to the sun wich will give you chance of 350+ fields with low temp wich would be good for your spice production

• Yihisu: Is it right, that your native language is Spanish?

On the 8th of February 2017, Dschibait (the Game Administrator) wrote this:

"PS: neue Werte nach der letzten Änderung (gerade ausgerechnet)... von 60-380"
    >> Source <<

This is German and the translation is:
    "P.s.: The new values after the last change (just calculated)... between 60 and 380 fields."

Hot planets = more energy from Solar cells
    Cold planets = more Spice from Spice mine

Warmest planet = +106°C
    Coldest planet = -120°C

• I do so !!!
    empty system. kolo ship planet the coldest. build 3 fleet solos and colonize neighboring planet. if kept under 150 field. Send everything there and bring mines to 22. Now build 8 fleet solder and colonize coldest planets. result, see below everything colder than -107 C and greater than 369 fields in 700 Kolschiffen. bei hilfestellung wo und wie bitte ingame UserID: 526

Pos. 1 -107 C 12:338:07 392 Felder
    Pos. 2 -112 C 14:313:04 403 Felder
    Pos. 3 -107 C 08:338:07 380 Felder
    Pos. 4 -107 C 03:338:07 377 Felder
    Pos. 5 -107 C 05:188:07 379 Felder
    Pos. 6 -107 C 09:188:07 375 Felder
    Pos. 7 -107 C 10:338:07 373 Felder
    Pos. 8 -107 C 01:338:07 373 Felder
    Pos. 9 -112 C 13:313:04 373 Felder
    Pos. 10 -112 C 06:313:04 369 Felder

jetzt noch mal in meiner Muttersprache!!!
    Also erst ein leeres System suchen wo ein sehr kalter Planet mit dabei ist.
    Jetzt den den ihr am ende haben wollt besiedeln, gleich mit genügend ressis 2-4 mio von allem.
    jetzt da egal wie Groß 3-6 Flottenslotz bauen und in wellen 100 % 90 % und so weiter den nächsten Planeten besiedeln bis der unter 150 Felder hat.
    Jetzt alles da hin stationieren und minnen auf 21 oder 22 hochziehen um Kolloschiffe zu bauen.
    und jetzt noch nen 8ter Flottenslot bauen und wieder anfangen wellen zu schicken 100% ,90% etc. und mit bisseln zeit und Geduld haste nach 1-3 tagen nen neuen planeten der sehr kalt ist und riesen groß.
    die 10 planis haben bei mir,mit dem system 776 koloflüge gebraucht.
    und ich kann nur den tip geben nehmt kalte weil ihr habt zwar dadurch ne geringerre ausbeute der energie durch Solarzellen aber was solls dadurch das der so kalt ist eine grössere gesamtproduktion von rund +20% wegen dem vielen Spice.

Edited 5 times, last by Rocco ().

• yes, my language es Spanish, im from Taiwan but I lived 21 years in Uruguay, I mean that I speak better in Spanish than my Chinese and my English... haha

Thanks for all, I just understood!

• naja geht es bei dir jetzt ??? bei mir nemehr, bin jetzt bei flug 1.157 und noch kein neuer. Sitze alein in nem system und der ausgansplanni hat 128 felder.

well is it with you now ??? with me more, I am now at flight 1.157 and not yet a new one. Seats alein in a system and the Ausgansplanni has 128 fields.

• :D :D :D Ich helfe mal. I will help.

well is it with you now ??? with me more, I am now at flight 1.157 and not yet a new one. Seats alein in a system and the Ausgansplanni has 128 fields.

alein, nicht allein (sonst wird's für den Translator schwierig!)
    nehmer = nimmer mehr? ?(
    Ausgangsplanni versteht kein Übersetzungsprogramm :P :D
    Sitze = Seats... :D Stimmt, aber in dem Fall ist es Unsinn.

Quote from English

Does it work now in your case? In my case, it does not work anymore. I tried it 1157 times and non of the planets is big enough for me. I am sitting alone in a system and the planet to start my colonization has 128 fields.

Quote from Español

Puedes colonizar una planeta con muchos campos con la estrategia del @Rocco?

Ahora en su caso, su estrategia no funciona (o falla?). El hace falta 1157 intentos y las planetas son pequeños. Su planeta por empezar su vuelo por colonización tiene 128 campos.

Yo nunca sé, quando tengo que usar "para" y "por". Y en general no estoy seguro, como puedo explicar correcto y yo no sé muchas palabras, especialmente con un tema como eso. Pero tal vez, puedes entenderme. :D