• Dschibait

Approved the thread.
  • Maybe I don't understand these two points too clearly and some clarifying questions are asked:

"Attacks on players who have less than 50% of their own Spice value are now referred to as “virulent attacks”."
    If someone has less than 50% of my spice ranking I should not attack? Similarly I cannot be attacked by the bigger players?

Will this attack be blocked through a system notification as is the case (for example) when trying to attack an inactive player no more than three times in 24 hours?

If the system will not block me or another player attacking me must I now first go and check the ranking list?

"Every rush attack on a player is punished with a 7-day reduction in resource theft by 5%. Attacking a player again increases the reduction by another 5% up to a maximum of 100%. The counter (remaining time) of the punishment is also always reset to 7 days."

I am not familiar with the term "rush attack": What is a rush attack? Will there be a notification of some kind if the rule is broken?

• Official Post

"Attacks on players who have less than 50% of their own Spice value are now referred to as “virulent attacks”."
    If someone has less than 50% of my spice ranking I should not attack? Similarly I cannot be attacked by the bigger players?

yes, exactly, if the player has <50% of your spice value you will get a notification before launching the attack.

Will this attack be blocked through a system notification as is the case (for example) when trying to attack an inactive player no more than three times in 24 hours?

If the system will not block me or another player attacking me must I now first go and check the ranking list?

you will get a notification box when planning the attack. Just try it out, look for an opponent with <50% of your spice value and plan a fleet action. You will see before choosing attack you will get the information.

I am not familiar with the term "rush attack": What is a rush attack? Will there be a notification of some kind if the rule is broken?

"rush" means in that context just any attack on smaller players will punished .... so also a 1 transmitter attack.

• Hello,

I absolutely agree that firstly the game needs to protect (New players and smaller players) who are try to grow and understand how the game works. Punish Farmers who attack these players every day is a good thing.

However I play in Sirius Uni and already there is a 25% of total points value attack protection in place to help smaller and new players. From what I understand this new 50% spice value in my opinion is too large as it also benefits players who actually are not very active and just do some buildings each day.

A player who has a large fleet and taken a lot of time and effort to grow it and therefore will have a higher spice value due to his/her fleet points. But a builder or researcher (maybe less active) with equal total points and little fleet will essentially be protected from the player with the fleet (sue to spice value now) even if they have same total points lets say in this example 500 million total points they both have.

In my opinion if you reach the top 100 players you clearly understand the game and know how to escape flight and know how to play well enough. so i think we should focus on players under the top 100 to have these benefits. Everyone over should be free to fight each other and enjoy the game.

Thank you for listening.

• So as a player who has played SI on and off for many years, I think this can be another strategy system that I could use if I joined an established universe and wanted to protect myself from bigger accounts. Each time they attacked, I could pretend I am not online until the last few seconds, then send my fleet away. With this, the player gets nothing from me, and he loses 5% raid ability for 7 days. Everytime a big player spied me and saw my fleet lying around, he would not be sure if I was online, and the cost would be too great.

But I don't think many new players to the game would have the ability to apply this, and then if they loose their fleet, they will still quit. The big player gets a single shot of good rubble and takes the 5% hit on their raiding for 7 days, it's still worth it. There are some elements where this will help, but it isn't really solving things.

If a player attacks but then recalls, I presume the 5% punishment won't be applied? If so, it is still worth big accounts trying for small accounts' fleets. It might stop the overnight res raids, but won't stop them trying for the big hits.

By the way, I get no warning when setting up an attack against small players in either Genesis or Sirius...

In-game name is Freddie

• Official Post

A player who has a large fleet and taken a lot of time and effort to grow it and therefore will have a higher spice value due to his/her fleet points. But a builder or researcher (maybe less active) with equal total points and little fleet will essentially be protected from the player with the fleet (sue to spice value now) even if they have same total points lets say in this example 500 million total points they both have.

this kind of logic makes no sense, Spice value means anything from your account (buildings, queues, researches, fleets, what you have on mission) is sum up . If a player with same points has much more spice in the account, he/she is just saving this spice for some "cool moves", why this player should be able to attack smaller players? If he/she would use that spice in the account he/she would have much more points and would also be not able to attack the player!

So maybe i got you wrong, but spice is the clearest value you can have to spot a size of an account.

In my opinion if you reach the top 100 players you clearly understand the game and know how to escape flight and know how to play well enough. so i think we should focus on players under the top 100 to have these benefits. Everyone over should be free to fight each other and enjoy the game.

yes we could add a rule that top100 (maybe only top50) could be attacked without restrictions.

So as a player who has played SI on and off for many years, I think this can be another strategy system that I could use if I joined an established universe and wanted to protect myself from bigger accounts. Each time they attacked, I could pretend I am not online until the last few seconds, then send my fleet away. With this, the player gets nothing from me, and he loses 5% raid ability for 7 days. Everytime a big player spied me and saw my fleet lying around, he would not be sure if I was online, and the cost would be too great.

the 5% already applied when starting, so your opponent has to decide on start if you could be online or even not.

But I don't think many new players to the game would have the ability to apply this, and then if they loose their fleet, they will still quit. The big player gets a single shot of good rubble and takes the 5% hit on their raiding for 7 days, it's still worth it. There are some elements where this will help, but it isn't really solving things.

this system is preventing farm attacks, players have still to learn the game and to use escape flights. Its not the goal with this kind of strategy to protect there fleets. Yes, you would may not spy often on these smaller players when knowing that you get a punishment, but finally, when fleet is worth enough why not, go for it. Thats spaceinvasion

By the way, I get no warning when setting up an attack against small players in either Genesis or Sirius...

please create a ticket or send me more informations.

Small means not points, small means spice value - did you checked that?

• Hello

I would like to know what happens when an alliance is at war.

If the bash attack is applied?

What are the reasons for being at war?

because the war just gives extra attacks without any rewards at the end of it

• Official Post

Hello

I would like to know what happens when an alliance is at war.

If the bash attack is applied?

What are the reasons for being at war?

because the war just gives extra attacks without any rewards at the end of it

What is the base for this question? You have unlimited attacks to players - maybe you should choose these ones who are not as small?

You can still attack unlimited on players who are fitting into the rules, if you select the protected ones, yes you will get no reward at a point.

Some Alliances doing also Wars because of respect - having no amount limitations is nice, but maybe you should think about the game and what a war between 2 alliances should rly stand for.

• yes we could add a rule that top100 (maybe only top50) could be attacked without restrictions.

The reason why i think top 100 in Sirius universe is because anyone in top 100.

Firstly they cannot receive any resources from bigger players. (or that is classed as pushing).

Secondly: currently and expected to grow of course is that top 100 players is anyone over 88 million points. Now i think you can agree with me that if you have this amount of points you 100% understand the game and can escape flight your fleet if you don't want it to be lost.

Please consider this as think this will have a positive impact.

Thank you

• Well well well, another genius move from the current SI team.

So basically with this new "50% spice value protection", the TOP 1 spice in RETRO can only hit... 4 players in the whole universe, the TOP 1 in Nexus, only 1 !!!

The only thing which remains to be fun on this game is the PVP gameplay, if you want to kill it then just say it. I am not here to farm "gift planets" or what ever, If ever wanting to do so, I just have to play an offline game simulator and that's fine.

Instead of the current outrageous new "bashing mesures", u could have added measures such as Ogame one's, like a reputation points/ranking, where when u hit smaller players, u get bad karma, and everybody on the uni can attack you as many time as possible. And hitting players with bad karma brings u bonuses. It would improve activity in old universes which clearly lacks now...

• Official Post

Well well well, another genius move from the current SI team.

So basically with this new "50% spice value protection", the TOP 1 spice in RETRO can only hit... 4 players in the whole universe, the TOP 1 in Nexus, only 1 !!!

The only thing which remains to be fun on this game is the PVP gameplay, if you want to kill it then just say it. I am not here to farm "gift planets" or what ever, If ever wanting to do so, I just have to play an offline game simulator and that's fine.

Instead of the current outrageous new "bashing mesures", u could have added measures such as Ogame one's, like a reputation points/ranking, where when u hit smaller players, u get bad karma, and everybody on the uni can attack you as many time as possible. And hitting players with bad karma brings u bonuses. It would improve activity in old universes which clearly lacks now...

first read the thread correctly, then we can talk about other games. I dont like to copy something from other, if you like to play clones, there are many like ogame out ther.

just saying 1billion points also disabled this feature so for RETRO its not 4 its 34 players

And for Nexus its 47...

Thanks for reading so carefully !

• I have 48.035.127.779 spice

I'm trying attack player with 4 times more my total points. raitings shows 118.000.000.000 his spice.

But i have 3 time more fleet and i see virulent Attack

Why?

but i can attack player with 73.889.617.803 spice.

May be this is some bug?

Edited once, last by Reaper1. ().

• I have been in meetings, so haven't had time, but I will send a ticket ingame in a few hours about not seeing a warning when I launch an attack.

EDIT - it works normally now, no need for a ticket!

But I think there are 2 different perspectives here:
    1 - the modern world (and definitely modern gaming) is all about immediate gratification, not about overcoming a challenge. With all modern games you can choose to play hardcore, or you can choose to be able to go back one hour to your last save and therefor avoid all consequences of poor play. The SI team obviously need to find a way to meet this need. The new SI has become more and more about gratification with treasure hunts and free rubble and interdimensional spins and easy aliens and spacia res for free etc. Nobody should be surprised about this trend. SIMs are very popular, because they are not difficult.

2 - this game was a tough war game in its origins. Players that have been around for over a decade are definitely the ones who love the challenge, and who are skilled enough to meet any opponent on the digital battlefield. It was aggressive and there was no mercy. THAT is why this game became popular with the faithful old players. It was not easy! And those tough players were not wimps, they were fighters by nature! The purist fleeter built no mines, and he would attack ANYTHING that was red! That was the SI identity of old. Harsh, unforgiving, and so so so satisfying when you crush others, especially when they wept tears!

Unfortunately these two perspectives are OPPOSITE to each other. I don't think there is an easy solution. But clearly the team is just trying to do their best to solve it. I can't complain about that. At least the game is not being abandoned like BigPoint did!

However, is there not a different solution? What if there was a multi level interaction? For example, when I spy and attack someone, my attack could go through and it is me against another player. The best player wins. Great challenge!

But possibly, the attack goes through and does not land on a player account, but an AI planet (Spacia MKII) becomes the target instead. I still get the res from a successful attack (and the risk of interception if the victim is strong enough), and the attacker enjoys the challenge of crashing fleet, but that player account is untouched, and my rewards come from the Spacia MKII. So after the battle lands, I see the player is still there, untouched, but the temporary Spacia MKII has that player's specs and this Spacia MKII can respond. This might be difficult to code, but initially it could just be a passive sense of leaving the victim account restored to what it was before the attack while the attacker still benefits from aggressive play.

1. The conditions for when a victim gets this Spacia MKII help and when not can be done on a few criteria:
      how much bigger spice value is the other player?
      1. Attacker more than 25% bigger and the victim has 25% chance of Spacia MKII taking the hit.
      2. Attacker more than 50% bigger and the victim has 50% chance of Spacia MKII taking the hit.
      3. Attacker more than 75% bigger and the victim has 75% chance of Spacia MKII taking the hit.
      4. Etc
    2. how active is the victim?
      1. More than 1 log in per day = additional 10% chance of Spcia MKII taking the hit, etc...
    3. was an asteroid involved? - then more chance of Spacia MKII helping.
    4. maybe achievements can be factored in some way to add to the chances of help.

I know I am trying to lay out a poorly developed idea, and I know there will be problems with this, but the base idea I am trying to communicate is a way to keep both styles of play a possible choice for anyone. It should not be so that active aggressive players are punished. But it needs to be that weaker less skilled players are helped so they don't quit. If only the strongest, most aggressive players, with 15 years of SI experience stay to play, the game will die. We need new players...

In-game name is Freddie

Edited once, last by qwerqwewert ().

• Why not make the ZA as in the "Sirius" universe?

ZA more accurate and correct, no calculation to do, you can or you can't !!!!

Otherwise, if you go on like this, the retro universe won't have anything interesting left, and will be dead in no time.

On the other hand, if you're planning a universe transfer, I'd transfer retro to sirius, which is much more accurate in terms of ZA.

• Hello everyone

I would like to refer to the changes that took place in the Genesis 5 universe.

In my opinion, this is too much of a privilege for players with fewer points.

Each of us started the game knowing the rules.

Nevertheless, the proposal was introduced too hastily.

Why should I be punished now? Because I actively played and used all the bonuses to build my fleet and economy?

The speed bonus is fair for everyone.

instead of idiotic restrictions, I propose to introduce restrictions on attacks on weaker players, you have 1,000,000 points, the player with 10,000,000 will take 20% from you or something like that.

I feel these regulations are an attack on the players who spend the most time playing this game

Regards, Fly

• I just lost my fleet. I have a developed account in the game. I would like to attack players with a much stronger fleet, but I cannot. I will be punished by the system. Is this a good way to develop this game?

• Wow, 34 and 47, what a huge amount, thanks for killing improving this game dschibait, always a pleasure :) :) :)

• Official Post

Wow, 34 and 47, what a huge amount, thanks for killing improving this game dschibait, always a pleasure :) :) :)

stop it you stopped since about 8years :D

I just lost my fleet. I have a developed account in the game. I would like to attack players with a much stronger fleet, but I cannot. I will be punished by the system. Is this a good way to develop this game?

why not ? Stronger isnt a problem

instead of idiotic restrictions,

could you keep calm down and stop this ? Rly, we are looking for solutions, and you call me "idiot" ?

• Another thing is worth discussing again, and that is the fleet restoration when someone loses fleet. I remember this was tested in a speed uni a few years ago. I think something like this should be implemented. Space Invasion is a game that rewards time more than it rewards skill. I lost my fleet in the Ecowars uni when my CEO called me into a sudden meeting after hours when my fleet was about to arrive. Real life is more unforgiving than this game.

Res "stealing" is one problem, and this can be frustrating for smaller players. To avoid this maybe the AZ system from Sirius, but using spice points instead.

But fleet loss is a real "rage quit" moment for everyone. If a player loses fleet, they should have a pop up message giving them a choice of restoring that fleet up to 70% for free over 7 days while in a system applied spectral mode if they click "yes please". Then they should be given a gift of all assistants for 3 days after the system spectral mode is lifted to help them get the remaining 30% fleet loss back. There must also be a button to refuse this, for example I baited a top player into attacking me 2 days ago so I could get an asteroid. If the system took my shiny new asteroid away, I would be unhappy. So I would prefer to click "no thanks" in that situation. I also think this option of fleet restoration should only be offered for 48 hours. If a player is not back online within 2 days, they can't choose to restore their fleet.

In-game name is Freddie