• why are you arguing? not normally say?

I'm not arguing :D At Sirius there is system where you can attack only players with ">= 25% of your points". I assume that's what Daschbait is talking about. If I'm right then you will be able to attack only people with more then 1 622 M so you can attack only TOP 5 :D

• Has the effectiveness of defensive installations in SI2 been taken into consideration?

While in Sirius large bunkers can still be destroyed by alliance attacks, this could be more difficult here.

What would be the effect of a rule that says you can only attack a player 3 times per day instead of 3 times per planet per day? In the case of DA, only 3 of the 13 planets could be raided and the daily production tapped.

Fleeters can still hunt fleets and raiders still get resources, while miners have more peace from large raids.

• )

Sorry, Google Translate.

Some ideas to make the game more exciting and fair:

The concepts of pirate (red) and peaceful miner (e.g. brown) should be introduced instead of, or perhaps alongside, AZ.

Anyone who attacks a peaceful miner without reason becomes a pirate. It is possible to reclassify as a peaceful miner after completing the penalty time accumulated after pirate attacks, which can be accelerated with urplasma.

E.g.: 1 executed attack, regardless of the result, 1 day pirate status, increases according to some function with the number of attacks.

A player with a pirate status can be legally attacked by everyone, even aliens can attack him (0-3 alien attacks per day depending on the setting!) and here it is not necessarily DA who owns the strongest fleet. A ***** alien has already launched a significant counterattack, such an attack may be unstoppable even for DA.

Peaceful miners can attack pirates with impunity (police mission)

Peaceful miners can wage war through Alliances after a regular declaration of war

In addition to mining, recycling can be a sustainable resource collection (with centrally regulated emission), which results in a competitive situation for peaceful miners as well (who gets there sooner) and who can send out more recyclers. Recycling assistant!

As a peaceful miner, attacking strangers and inactive yellows is not a crime, it can remain as it was before.

As a pirate, alien and yellow attacks do not increase penalty time.

• Sounds like the high sec rule in eve.

Not so much a fan of taking things from other games, even if it's modified. But the alien aspect would be a new idea. They could become offensive against high ranks. So the 5 star aliens.

• Sounds like the high sec rule in eve.

Not so much a fan of taking things from other games, even if it's modified. But the alien aspect would be a new idea. They could become offensive against high ranks. So the 5 star aliens.

But you know that main mechanic of this game is also in like at least 5 other german games? :D And I'm not sure if space invasion was first :D

It's allways good idea to take some ideas from other games, if this are good ideas of coures :D That's my opinion.

Sorry, Google Translate.

It's interesting idea :D Probably need to be adjusted little bit better to the game and some things need to be thought through. For example even only attacks at top players (maybe like top 10) from aliens at random time at day (I think once a day is enough) would be something nice. Because right now top players (probably top 2 right now) don't have to do anything. They don't have to send save flight or anything. That attacks would force them to take any action.

I also had that thought. What if behavior of defence would be copied into ships. And when fleet is at defence (not at attack) then you lose only 50% of the fleet (percentage to think about) and rest is restored immediately. How you think that would work? Would it be bad/good?

I think if that would be a game then also players wouldn't be leaving game so fast. Now with single attack you can lose everything, months of progress (in some cases), so it's pretty destructive for player when he log in and he needs to start everything from 0.
    If part of the fleet were to remain, it would even have a positive psychological impact. The player would think, "ok maybe I lost half my fleet but I have the other half left, I've worked so much on it, I can't abandon it now."
    And if that would be introduced into the game then remember that one player can attack another with 3 attacks at once so with 50% fleet saved there would be left only 1/2*1/2*1/2 = 1/8 of whole fleet :D So I think it's not really huge difference in game having 1/8 of fleet or nothing. But it's still some good change I think :D

• )

Sorry, Google Translate.

My playstyle is based on peaceful development. I have no desire to fight, but I accept that outer space is an unfriendly place and you have to live with it. I despise the pirate way of life, but whoever has such tendencies should live them out in a game like this rather than in real life. The point would be that no one should feel that they are invulnerable overall else, but that they can also choose the peaceful way with the right attitude. (personality development :) )

My fleet is functional, just big enough to carry out daily tasks (including eliminating the uncomfortable proximity of a stranger).

I haven't built a defense for a long time, it's an unnecessary lure, because the big ones easily defeat them and the debris makes the attack profitable for them (its very existence makes its function meaningless). The only real protection is the escape route, but keeping the material requirements of buildings around lvl50 in a constantly moving warehouse is not viable, most of my fleet is warehouse.

If I lose the fleet it still takes a painfully long time to replace it (has happened a few times).

In such cases, an extra x50-100 speedup can help a lot, but this can only be achieved with good settings, because in this case the stocks are also lost.

• )

I see that you are amazing type of player. I mean in that conversation probably wasn't any peaceful player. It's good that you also see that defence is completly useless in the game <3
    I also see that you have 1.5 B points alreaady. So probably you already maxed your buildings. And creating next level mines is not really good for you since their return rate is measured in years. So maybe you have some ideas how to make peaceful playstyle availible for a longer time for players that don't want to fight? And if game isn't boring for you now? Cause I assume there is not much you can do right now in game :D

• Official Post

the Problem here is simple;

i have to think economical, maybe some of these ideas could make si2 special, help to get back some players - but finally, i have to choose if i go for a 1+ month project on si2 where (you see it) is a handful of active players or for a si classic or damoria project, where we have multiple amounts of players, which bring the big part of revenue on the board.

Thats combined with the logic behind a community who is self-organizing (what we have right now NOT here in SI2) - simple and straight, when i bring new players i have to fully protect them against Dark Angel and others (dont like to bring anything on her back) - spaceinvasion was all the time a war / fighting game, thats ok to me, but let someone grow to play that loved game isnt to much what i hope for.

so, yes, i can take your idea part of a discussion in our team, but i think, you take your time to think about situations, so i have to be fair and say the truth about the situation in my head / in the team. We have to take hard steps to get on the right way, then we have to wait if the game get recovered, and after that we can think about new bigger features.

Just some points i had on the list for si2:

- orbital alliance attacks and defenses

- bigger aliens, with more flexibility in escape flight mechanics

- alien scanner, with a limitation also for normal flights

- specs

but, implemeinting these costs much of my time as only developer, this means, i have to decide what i go for. Corona and War situation has hit Bitmeup hard in the last year(s) and, i have to go for these what i see brings us most. finally.

Thats not what i like to do, but when i read posts like "i attack them 3times and not 1time anymore" ... im fine with tthis kind of decisions.

think about it - and yes Rozpruwacz i dont need again the hint that "it is possible, what DA does in the game"

• The easiest thing to do is to insert 3-4 new AZs. The +-2 AZ attack rule remains in place. Then you would already have 50+% fewer players in the attacking area of the top players. Instead of 1 million points, you need a hundred times that amount to be plundered by DA.

After 4-8 weeks, you look at the data to see what effect it has had. In my opinion, the Sirius AZ regulation should be kept as an ace in the hand for the time being, which you can always play later.

• Official Post

The easiest thing to do is to insert 3-4 new AZs. The +-2 AZ attack rule remains in place. Then you would already have 50+% fewer players in the attacking area of the top players. Instead of 1 million points, you need a hundred times that amount to be plundered by DA.

i would prefer reading some numbers; we also plan to have 4 AZs first (with atk rule changes) - but, thats wouldnt end in "a hundred times" ... thats just 50m so 50times base on 1m

maybe yes, you could right that attack zones could bring a short time solution here; the sirius implementation is a long term solution; yes not working in all situations and has also there weaks, but better then getting my new players all the time raped.

• My concrete proposal of the 4 additional AZ:

AZ 17 goes from 10M to 50M

AZ 18 from 50M to 150M

AZ 19 from 150M to 450M

AZ 20 from 450M up to 1.35G

AZ 21 from 1.35G

Attacks remained unchanged at +-2 AZ levels.

Currently DarkAngel can attack 135 players. After the change, there are only 63 players. This means that instead of 1 million points, you need 150 million points to be attacked from the highest AZ.

• the Problem here is simple;

I completly understand you. You run a company, do what's best for company, even if that is bad news for SI2. And if you think about changes think about easiest possible. Like add couple new AZ, or turn on rubbles sometimes between huge events. You know your situation and I trust you will make what's best for BitMeUp <3