• Chrome.
    I started to fight with a player called vinylmatt. After the 1st round the player changed to Raswir!? Now 3rd fight again a different player. Maybe I misunderstood completely the play mode. I thought I would fight with one player only (10 knights, 10 fights).

ID 368 | W1
    • Official Post

Each qualification round you get another opponent. Thats random, but its always players which has the same amount of wins like you.

So, in first round the chance to get a "easy opponet" is rly high - later, in round 8 or so, there will be only strong opponents left.
    If you lose a fight, you will get in a easier "opponent range" because, there are also opponents who lost a game.

Its maybe a bit confusing first time :) but later you will see the complexity and strategies.

• Each knight should have a unique name (=> name ID). At the moment it is possible to have 10 knights of the following configuration:

Name = knight
    Background: black
    Frame: black

I think one should be able to distinguish and to identify the single opponent knights in the finals, especially when you had the opportunity to study them during the qualifying, but also when you use to meet them regularly in one of the finals. If they all look the same, there's no way to react on the change of a knight during the preparation phase, because you can't recognize any movement.

ID 368 | W1
  • cheating is security your guards

hello everyone I just discovered 2 very big problem on the guards

1- we all know that on damoria there are still mutlicaccounts is after having made tests an RV can register on the guards tournament is therefore to have bonuses when there will be bonuses in the tournament, it can also activated missions to have the 30% bonus of resources or troops on 10 castles, this breaks a security problem of your guards

2- I spotted a lot of cheating on the purchase of an item, the most evolving players sell their item at very specific times so that players from their alliance can buy them but its items are very expensive so in return the player who sold an object of nivo 50 buys an object at the moment the player to whom he sold it is at the same prices while this time the object is level 10 so the weak player buys an object of nivo 50 at 0 thaler is the same for players who in Damoria trade resources

cordially

• Official Post

you find these kind of multi problem in many features or situations.

There are 2 options; when we see that specific players get thalers from "no where" than, we could exclude them for the whole guard feature. I don't will discuss about some other situations; but trading a item from player A to player B for a high price (inside a alliance) seems ok for me - why not?

But sending mass of thalers or items to specific players, should be punished - yes.

Im not sure if i can find a solution which auto detect these kind of players or we have to check them manualy - maybe (i will talk with the team about this) we bring up a new teamler position for this guard feature that players can check other players. (anonym)

• Here is a suggestion to add some (more) variability into the outcomes of tournament battles, so that it's not always the same players winning:

Give the knights one more equipment slot, for a consumable.

Players should be able to find and collect consumables on missions, and of course sell them. They should be uncommon.

Possibly you could tie this in with the Mage somehow, as if your Mage created you an alchemical item.

The consumables would have a one-time use.

When you equipped your knight with one, it would not be visible to the opponent, it would be a surprise weapon. If equipped, it would automatically be expended during the fight.

The player would be able to add or remove them from an knight during the time the knights can still be moved, i.e. up to the start of the fight.

The items might be something like a vial of poison, flask of acid, banana peel, etc. Examples:
    - The vial of poison would be applied to the weapon and would lower the opponent's health a certain amount every round.
    - The flask of acid would be thrown and rust the opponent's armor and/or weapons and reduce the attack or defense (just for the duration of the one fight).
    - A banana peel would have a % chance of the enemy stepping on it each round, making the opponent slip and for the next couple of combat rounds after that not be able to do damage and/or have a a reduced defense.
    - There could also be a chance that you step on your own banana peel, for extra fun.
    - A Holy Hand-grenade might do a significant health damage.
    - You could have very rare item that knocks a knight out of any further rounds (limit one against a player for a tournament) and the player would have to play final rounds with the 9 remaining knights.

Thus, a weaker player could still introduce the occasional havoc during the tournament.

• This is a game. But it is something that I take seriously - within the logic of a game. Besides that it is a business. There is money involved.
    Bonus? For me? I doubt. I would have to be extremely lucky. I have no illusions about that. But I want to do my best. A development strategy is not done with short notices. I asked for dates, here. I feared this situation. One more... Again...
    Sarcasm is what I have left. I don't want to be offensive or get into legal or moral or whatever issues.

think in same way as @Hochstedter

Money involved? only if you decide to spend money for game but it is not a necessary point in this game.
    You take a game serious? your decision and acceptable but to think a game is business is little bit too much.

as @Hochstedter said: calm down and relax. a game always will be only(!) a game so for fun and free decisions how to act and to decide to spend money. but not worth to take a game too serious.

F1R3W4LL

• thank you for responding to this

for the second subject I do not find normal that an RV can launch missions is registered a player in the tournament is a little as if he had his connection codes I think that the rights of the RV should be limited

• personally I do not do the tournament because in 15 days about fifteen players have made exchanges which have already destroyed the tournament it is a pity the tournament was really a good idea on the part of damoria

at each tournament it will be the same players who will win seeing the exchanges taking place

• Hahaha, Cheating in a tournament that represents the chivalric honor. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But I don't think a banana peel did exist in Europe at the time ... You will have to think of spines under the saddle of your opponent's horse, bribing a servant to put some laxative herbs in your opponent's wine just befor the battle , a spell to loosen the armor attachment ect. "Bribing" the opponent's servant, stableboy, blacksmith, etc. would also be a nice use of surplus thalers.

• I spotted a lot of cheating on the purchase of an item, the most evolving players sell their item at very specific times so that players from their alliance can buy them but its items are very expensive so in return the player who sold an object of nivo 50 buys an object at the moment the player to whom he sold it is at the same prices while this time the object is level 10 so the weak player buys an object of nivo 50 at 0 thaler is the same for players who in Damoria trade resources

As far as I can see the only player who continuously is selling level 50 items is me. I have to admit that this is the only thing I understood in this post.

To clear up things and to abbreviate the discussion let me tell you that everybody is invited to buy the items I offer and will get a payback of about 75 to 80%. This is what I do since months. Some players were interested in this, some were not, now that tournament has started many are interested, so what's the problem?

To me the tournament will become interesting when someone is able to beat my knights 7, 8 and 9 in the quarter final (Hochstedter excluded). To make this moment happen I continue to run missions and to sell items.

As already told this is only a test tournament, activated to get familiar with the tournament handling, to find and eliminate bugs and to discuss issues of any kind, nothing to win except experience and credits.

ID 368 | W1
  • Hahaha, Cheating in a tournament that represents the chivalric honor.

I'm pretty sure we've all seen Game of Thrones :)

My reasoning is that in games where once a player gets ahead, he/she has an insurmountable advantage and is destined to win, are boring. There needs to be a way for the underdog to come back.

Think how this is done in the game "Risk", or in German, "Risiko". You collect a card on your turn when you win a battle to take over a neighboring territory. You can cash in 3 cards at the start of your turn to get some free army tokens. But the amount you get rises continually. So near the end, a player can cash in 3 cards, get 50 extra armies, and go on a rampage taking over multiple territories, and possibly overcome the leading player. The game become more unstable the longer it goes on.

Once a player has all level 50 knights with the very best level 50 items that it is possible to get, then the players that have a chance to beat them in a tournament are ones with similar knights and items, at which point it is random chance. Since there is a maximum level for knights and items, eventually we will reach the state that all the knights are the same. Until then, whoever spent the most time doing missions will be ahead, but other players will slowly catch up. That means that once the novelty wears off, there isn't even much incentive to bother playing in the tournament until you've got your knights to level 50. It will be boring for the first person or persons who got ahead, and uninteresting for the rest to play knowing they are destined to lose.

Therefore, I suggest a game mechanic which adds the ability for surprise upsets, something which no amount of time investment or money spent can stop. It adds an element of strategy and tactics, because you have a few one-use items, and you have to decide when to commit them to a fight.

• cheating is security your guards
    2- I spotted a lot of cheating on the purchase of an item, the most evolving players sell their item at very specific times so that players from their alliance can buy them but its items are very expensive so in return the player who sold an object of nivo 50 buys an object at the moment the player to whom he sold it is at the same prices while this time the object is level 10 so the weak player buys an object of nivo 50 at 0 thaler is the same for players who in Damoria trade resources

cordially

As mylovelynightingale wrote, he has been buying items from any players who bought items from him.

I can attest to this, as I have been one of the beneficiaries. I am not in the same alliance and had no previous contact.

How it started was this: I saved up my Thaler and starting bidding a significant amount to acquire a good item, which I did. Later I was quite surprised to see that I had sold an item for a too-high price, and immediately realized that it was deliberate. Then I noticed that it was not just me, it was happening with other players too.

Now I must go back a step and describe the conditions under which this happened. At the start, many players made the decision to NOT sell any extra items, on the basis that they would be helping their future competitors.

Instead, they either sold everything to the merchant, including very good items that they no longer needed, or else, after the ability to buy storage slots for 1,000 was introduced, they hoarded them.

I, on the other hand, had no inhibition against helping random other players by selling anything I didn't need or had outgrown. I offer them on the market at a minimal price. If no one offered any good items, then the market would be empty.

There is no drain on Thaler at the moment. They only accumulate from missions and change hands, but never leave the game. As the total supply goes up, but the number of good items on the market remains constant, there is inflation.

So contrast the actions of players who are selling good items, even if the prices are going crazy, with the actions of other players who are accumulating L40 to L50 items, but not selling a single one. Which do you prefer?

Another reason for the high prices, apart from the normal inflation, is what I call "stealing". A seller sets an initial price. Most of these are low, the base item price or slightly more. We have fixed 24h auction times, and when the 24h is up, whoever has the highest bid wins.

In a real-world auction, the auction would continue indefinitely until the highest possible price was reached. We all know the guy at the podium with the hammer yelling "Going once.... going twice.... sold!" No one can get the item if anyone else is willing to pay a higher price.

In this game that is not true. Example: there is an item for which I would be willing to pay up to 500K. Currently the highest bid is 200K. I can wait until 23h 59m 59s and bid 200K + 1 and get the item, saving almost 300K over what I would have paid. The seller is deprived of the income that should and would have been received, if it were a "real" auction with no time limit.

So what is happening is that some players who want a really good item don't bid on it, they just wait until the last second and try to slightly outbid the price that sat there for the previous 12 hours.

That makes it impossible for players like me, who would bid based on what the item is worth to me, from ever actually getting it and in the process establishing the real value. My answer to that is to look at what I think the item would be worth, and bid a high price to start with. So no one can get the item cheaply at the last second. They can make a last second bid, but the price will be at least closer to what the item is really worth.

• The key for level 50 is activity. This should remain untouched. It is similar to the activity on how many attacks are running to bandit camps or on how many troops somebody has by doing automatic and manual recruitment each day.

The tournament itself is built in an interesting way and is in a test phase. I am sure that admins collect good ideas and discuss on which things are easy to implement with a nice benefit to the minigame and which ones might increase complexity.

I believe maybe one of the nice things mylovelynightingale said is:.. And maybe easier to implement and change:

Split the 3vs3 quarter finals, semi and final fight into its 3 rounds so that 1 knight wins against the other knight and get a point "1". The wounded knight= winner just rests and must not fight against the new opponent. The end result will always be a 3:0 or 2:1...no draws possible because it is 3v3

Garbageman meant a lot of special items.

I believe a healing portion would be a beginner. The healing portion would automatically be accounted to the battle once the knight reaches the wounded level or = 20% of his life increasing back to 50%

3.idea:

You could also think of splitting a 1 v 1 into 3 or more rounds.
    Saying the 1v1 stops after 20 frames...
    A person can intervene with an item for 15 seconds. Then the battle continues for new 20 frames.
    Again both accounts can intervene for 15 seconds in an action and maybe switch a shield against a second weapon to make a final strike
    Then another 20 frames run and so on

This way the tournament might take a bit longer then 30-50 minutes but then also active tournament users can benefit and intervene in its 1v1 if they want

I know it might be time consuming to switch an item in 15 seconds but maybe there is a menu below the"paused"battle where previously selected/dropped items and or a healing portion are in that menu prior to battle start, so that you can switch only pre selected item or portion by just a 1 click on tournament screen for this specific battle

In the end this would turn from a 100% simulation into a user battle 50% and simulation 50%

Regards. Phil

ID 255 in World 1 Damoria
    ID 171 in World 2 Damoria

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.
    Wer zwei trinkt, kann auch drei trinken.
    Nach drei Bier, hol ich mir doch noch ein Viertes.
    Ach komm, was ist schon ein Sixpack.
    Hmm der leere Kasten ist mein Kopfkissen.
    Heute kauf ich mir eine Brauerei.

Edited 3 times, last by Hochstedter ().