Suggestion: add some optional mini-tournaments which only knights of a specific color can enter.

Example;
    - Black Knight Tournament : knights may only be equipped with black armor and weapons.
    - Green Knight Tournament : etc.
    - Blue Knight Tournament : etc.
    - Demon Knight Tournament : etc.

If there are multiple types of tournament available simultaneously (e.g. a drop-down to select the tournament ), then player can choose the regular tournament or one of the others, but only enter one tournament per day. The special tournaments have smaller prizes. But smaller knights then have an option to beat on each other.

Side effect:
    Armor of other colors acquires values. Right now black armor is worthless after the 2nd day of play, and green and blue not much better.

Suggestion: every week, double the points received per mission, for all missions.

Effects:
    (1) Anyone who wants to continually grind will still stay ahead of the other players and have an advantage in levels and items.
    (2) Players who fall behind cannot completely catch up to a player who is maximizing their leveling, but they can close the gap so that it is worthwhile to keep playing.
    (3) Players will hit level 50 faster. At that point, actual strategy will play a significant role. Right now, strategy takes a distant back seat to level difference.

Example:
    Assume that in one week, an active player trying hard can accumulate X points from mission at the starting level for points per mission.

Week 1
    Player 1 plays actively and accumulates X points, winning some tournaments.
    Player 2 was on vacation / sick / bogged down at work and couldn't play week 1.

Week 2
    Player 1 keeps up the pace, earns 2x points, and now has a total of 3x.
    Player 2 starts playing, trying to catch up, and makes it up to 2x total. They are still 1x behind, same as if no change in points per mission.

Week 3
    Player 1 keeps playing hard, earns 4x points, now has a total of 7x.
    Player 2 is still trying to catch up, earn 4x points, now has a total of 6x.

Player 2 can never catch up if player 1 doesn't take a break. But what happens if player 1 does take a week break now?

Week 4
    Player 1 takes a break, stays at total 7x points.
    Player 2 keeps playing, earns 8x points, now has a total of 14x.

Week 5
    Player 1 is in shock and denial :) Earns 16x points, end with a total of 23x.
    Player 2 keeps going, earns 16x points, end with a total of 30x.

The % difference isn't great between players 1 and 2, and will decrease as time goes on.
    But they'll both be dogged by other players, and if they both take a break, they could be passed up as the ever increasing missions points will overwhelm any point lead if they stop for long.

I think that would add some excitement to the game. The way it is now, if you can't grind all day, every day, then after a couple of weeks you fall so far behind that you might as well just give up any hope of ever making the finals, much less winning.

When many players hit level 50, it will be a bit of a free-for-all, but more active players will still be finding more level 50 items and have a better chance to get really nice ones.

Grinding always works:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't feel too sorry, things will flip soon enough. Especially if this tournament goes on for 6 months like the last one.

From mid September I'll be spending 5 to 6 weeks on a film set, helping with the production, and won't have time to play at all. This film: madheidi.com

Your life is now divided into 4 minute segments:
    - Put toast in the toaster
    - Send guards on mission
    - Put butter and jelly on the toast
    - Send guards on mission
    - Start eating your toast
    - Send guards on mission
    - Finish eating your toast
    - . . .

I use the Smart phone if I have to go out, i.e. shopping. Not while driving of course.
    But at home, I get exercise by running back and forth from the kitchen or other room to the computer :)

Hi, I can confirm that if you're
    (1) willing to sit in front of your computer for 16 hours per day, and
    (2) IF you choose the correct missions and optimize for leveling up rather than for getting items or doing training.
    then you can advance as quickly as me (currently level 15 to 16)

Hochstedter has passed me up (currently level 16 to 17), but to do that I'm assuming he's either getting help from a VS, or else he is a cyborg from the future that never sleeps, and has no remorse...

I don't have a VS helping, I'm doing it all myself. I have to admit that I cannot keep up the current pace, so my advancement is going to slow.

You have to look at how many points a mission gives you per minute, adjusted for the chance of success.

Example: a mission which takes 4.5 minutes and yields 13 points looks like it give you 2.8 points per minutes, which is the best you can hope for. But... if the chance of success is 80%, then the average is going to be only 2.3 points per minute.

The quick missions are as much of a curse as they are a blessing. You'll get them a couple of times per day for a given knight. When you get them, you need to use them. The mission will be in your list of available missions for a certain time. Sometimes you get these short missions staying around for 50 minutes. So if you start a new one as soon as the one completes, you can do 10 of them in 50 minutes, for a total of 130 points.

I estimate that most missions give you 1/2 point per minute. There are many missions which don't give you any chance of an item, but they do give you faster advancement. For example, 17 points for a 35 minute mission with a 100% chance of success. That's close to 1/2 point per minute.

You will often find rebuilding missions that gives you slightly better than a point per minutes, say 16 points for 12 minutes with a 100% chance of success, which is 1.3 points per minute.

There are 1'440 minutes in 24 hours. Let's assume you play for 16 and sleep for 8. That's still 960 minutes. If you're averaging only 1/2 point per minute, that's 480 points per day, which is a couple of levels per day at the start, dropping to about 1/2 level per day now, at level 16. If you're average 1 point per minute (unlikely) then double that. If you're playing 24 x 7, add another 50%. S

So you can see based on the points per minute calculation, that it is certainly possible.

What about items? Occasionally you'll get offered a mission that gives you good points per minute AND a chance to get an item. Those are enough to get you some items. You're better off getting fewer higher level items than a greater number of lower level items.

As regards training, do the Speed training, because it lets you complete missions faster. The other trainings take up time that you could be doing missions, so don't do them UNLESS the entire set of missions being offered to you doesn't have any with a good points per minute. Then you can get some training out of the way while waiting for the unwanted missions to expire and be replaced.

Keep an eye out for the longer Portal missions which offer rare items, such as Mount or Blessing. If you see one that has a high chance of getting such an item, then you should do it, but not necessarily right away. Those missions tend to expire after about 2 hours. So if you see one on offer, take note of it, and do some shorter missions to get more points, and then start it. A good time would be before you go to bed. You can get a lot of longer missions showing for various knights, and then start them all right before you go to bed.

For the rare items, the % quality doesn't matter. A crappy horse is better than no horse.

For other items, if the % quality is low, then don't do the Portal mission. Example: a Golden Portal offers you 85% chance of success, and 100% chance of getting an item. Great, right? Not so fast. If it is a common item like a Helmet, and the % quality is 3%, you're going to wait 6 hours and then probably get a black helmet you can sell to the merchant :(

the War Hill missions tend to be good if you want points and a good chance of an item. There are some that give you 13 points in 13 minutes with a good chance of success, good chance of finding an item, and good item quality.

To summarize, do many short missions with high points per minute, include the % chance of success to get the effective points per minute, skip missions with low probability of success, take missions with 80% to 100% chance of success, do the Speed training, skip the other training unless there is nothing better to do.

I haven't had the issue in a long time. I've been carefully making screenshots for every knight when they go up a level in experience or training, so that I've got a record that I can check on, rather than depending on my memory. So far, so good.

The issue is definitely not fixed.
    I did Speed training with the same knight (ID: #20) as I first reported the loss of Speed levels in the first post of this thread. In that report, the Speed level dropped from 10 to 8.
    During the day today I did Speed training again, and got the Speed level up to 11. Then I did a mission, and it failed, and suddenly the Speed level was back to 8 again. So first time lost 2 levels, this time lost 3 levels, but suspiciously, back to 8 both times.

the War Hill
    time left: 00:30:11
    Patrol to the War Hill on the front line to the Dark Lord.
    Thaler 171
    Exp 14
    Discover +0.27%
    find chance (random): 47% item quality: +28% Chances of success: 100%

Duration:
    00:16:23

Here you see a typical War Hill mission. Note that the chance of success is 100% so it cannot fail.
    Also note the chance of finding an item is supposedly 47%

The issue: I today got a variation of this with the duration under 5 minutes, and the time left was about 50 minutes, meaning if I sat in front of the computer and started a new mission every 5 minutes, I could get in 10 missions.

Needless to say, I rejoiced at the opportunity to score big on items. Theoretically I should have found an item about half the missions.
    Actual result: after about 10 missions, nothing. Never found an item.

Statistically, this seems improbable. So either there is a bug where the find chance of 47% is not being applied, or else there is a bug in displaying the find chance. Either way, this makes trying to apply any strategy in picking missions based on % chance of finding an item problematic.

Note: it looks to me like "the War Hill" always shows 47% find chance, regardless of the duration or success chance, which both vary. So the bug is probably in the display of the find chance.

UPDATE: I found a War Hill with 27%, so the above is incorrect. Still, I get a lot of them with 47% find chance, and my subjective feeling is that too many of those end without finding anything.

Hi Phil, thanks for the tip, I'll try again. I was afraid if I wasted too much time experimenting with the training, I'd fall behind in levels ;)

thanks,
    Scott

UPDATE: seems to be working for me as well now. That said, I'm being careful and avoiding clicking the speed training button immediately after the knight goes up a level. Instead, I do another mission first, let the spend 30 minutes at the new level, and then try the speed training.

If the developers changed something, then they fixed the issue. If they didn't change anything, then there is presumably some constellation where the problem occurs, based on the order in which you are doing things and maybe how fast.

UPDATE 2: issue not fixed, see following post.

Same thing just happened to another knight (ID: #15). I have more information.
    The knight was level 9 and the Speed was trained to level 9.
    The knight completed a mission and reached level 10.
    I clicked the button to start the Speed training, and it was exactly at that moment that the Speed training level dropped from 9 to 8. So now it is in training to go back to the same Speed level it was before, namely 9 :(

July 19, between 17:30 and 18:30 Central European Time, this happened:
    One of my knights, (ID: #20), was at level 8, with Speed trained to level 8.
    The knight advanced to level 9, then level 10, still with Speed trained to level 8.
    Then I did the Speed training, and the Speed training went to level 9 as expected.
    Then I did the Speed training again, and the Speed training went back to level 8.
    So either the Speed training went back down from level 9 to 8 instead of up, or else it got overwritten by the earlier state.
    I tried refreshing the browser cache, still shows level 8. But for awhile it did show level 9.
    It was after I completed the Speed training for level 10 that it showed 8.

A little birdie told me that the Vacation Substitute can also run the Guards. I suggest that in future iterations of the game, this be disallowed.

I find the game-within-a-game pretty cool. What appeals to me the most is the individual nature of it. Every player is on more or less equal footing. The knights fight man versus man (or maybe some of them are women, you can't tell). You cannot have for example 100 knights from a big alliance gang up on 10 knights from a small alliance in a melee (at least not yet).

The main downside of this game is that it is a grind. Victory is decided by about 60% - 70% grinding and 30% - 40% strategy. Grinding means higher level knights, higher level items, and getting to strike first on top of that. So who can grind the most wins.

Like most people, I have a job, but due to the pandemic, I've had to work from home, so while I'm working on my work computer, I can occasionally go over to my personal computer and keep the knights going on missions. That is a huge advantage over players who have jobs where they are in an office or working outside where they can't be caught playing on company equipment or company time, or may not be able to play at all.

Sending knights on missions every 5 minutes is how you get the fastest advancement. The 5 minute missions give you 13 xp, so roughly 2 xp per minute. The longer missions give you about 1/2 to 1/3 or less xp per minute. If you get lucky, you get offered some 5 to 7 hour missions about the time you want to go to sleep.

However, I still have to sleep. And I can't spend all my free time in front of the computer.

Judging based on how fast some other players advance, compared to my experience where I spent say 16 hours in the day playing, either the other players never sleep, or else there is a team taking turns running the knights.

So I feel like it is me as an individual player vs. some team or some alliance, grinding away. In the medium term, no individual player can keep up, and no clever strategy can counter the higher levels achieved by grinding.

That's why I keep making suggestions to reduce the advantage gained by grinding, such as crazy consumable items that can tip a fight, or having missions that let players find loot at higher levels than their knights.

hello in the new announcement it is not specified if we keep our crowns, I had kept a lot of crowns because damoria had said that after the migrations there would be new bonuses so I kept my crowns for the new bonuses

cordially

I still have my crowns, they were carried over from the previous game.

Yet another suggestion to make the tournaments more dynamic:
    Charge tournament entry fees (in Thaler).

I can imagine some variations on this:
    (a) The entry fee is per knight and the fee increases with the level of the knight.
    Example: 50 Thaler per knight and level.
    Ten level 1 knights entry fees total = 10 x 50 = 500.
    Ten level 50 knights entry fees total = 10 x 2500 = 25,000

(b) The entry fee is per player, and increases per tournament, but resets after some time.
    Example: fee resets each week, starting on Monday
    First tournament player takes part in on any day in the week: FREE
    Second: 1,000
    Third: 10,000
    Fourth 100,000
    Fifth 1,000,000
    Sixth 10,000,000
    Seventh: 100,000,000

Result:
    - The high level players cannot afford to participate in every single tournament. Players with lower level knights get a chance to make it into the finals.
    - Thaler get removed from the game.

Try deleting your browser cache, refreshing, and then trying it.

Firefox:
    Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy and Security -> Cookies and Site Data -> Clear Data... -> then
    uncheck Cookies and Site Data (so that you don't delete your cookies and log yourself out)
    check Cached Web Content
    then click on Clear

If you never saw the South Park "Make Love Not Warcraft" episode, you should, it's pretty funny.

Kyle and friends cannot advance in WoW because another player on the PvP server keeps killing them before they can complete their quests. It's a circular problem, they can't kill the other player without first reaching a high level, but as long as they can't kill him, he prevents them from reaching a high level.

Their strategy is to grind for months, killing wild pigs for 2 xp each :)

This is just the first part of the episode:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Putting a floor on the item level equal to your knight's level is also an option I considered and think would be OK. It would eventually supplant the Item Level %, making that parameter irrelevant when you reached level 50.