• The variety of items is immense. Most, or almost all, of the black items are weak and to throw away. Green, blue, better but little. Why get it? Mission 100% probability and 2% quality? Give it up. What's the point in getting dozens of items to throw away?

Do not see it as throwing away, see it as selling. Some extra money to buy the better items, you do want, on the market.

If you can compare and exchange the found items more easily, a stock of 20 is enough. I keep the best weapons with my guards. Only have a few in reserve and have enough space in stock with those 20 places. But for this I indeed need a diagram to quickly see if a new item is better than the old one's and where the worst old one is located. And I could be in trouble if I want to equip a guard with chosen items instead of random ones. But I'm guessing that by the time the touraments start, changing the items will be no problem anymore.

• Official Post

I bring up some updates based on your feedback here.

Finally, lower quality items (black, green) are most of the time not suitable for you, when you play for some weeks in this feature. Right now, i think that leveling takes a bit too long, so thats why you have items from level <20 equipped.

There is a big increasement for stats for item levels - so a knight can get items by his level, so getting a level 50 item is better than a level 49 item. But, having a level 49 titanforged item, its better than most lower quality level 50 items.

These level 50 black/green items are maybe "crapp" for you but there are players which may need them. so the question is "did you want to equip other players?"
    if, yes, you want to sell these items to other players that they can get stronger, you let grow your opponents and get (maybe) more problems in tournaments.
    Or, if you dont want to sell them to "real players", you can still sell it to the npc trader.

• Many thanks for the inventory slots, Dschibait! These will help a lot, especially at such low costs.

To the new item view I'd like to say that this unfortunately does not help. This is because the level information does not say anything about the item value. I compared the helmets of my knights 7 to 10 and they are sorted according to the levels 28, 25, 27, 28

Why this? Simply because my orientation is based on the market price of the equipped item. A level 28 titan helmet is not necessarily better than a level 25 titan helmet. Sometimes the rate values of a level 25 titan helmet are better. All values of a helmet are summed up in the market price. Therefore I would need this one to make my decision.

This is valid only for the smaller items from helmet to boots. For weapons, horses and blessings there are additional things to be considered.

ID 368 | W1
  • NIce changes . thank you.

I can confirm above approach from mylovelynightingale. Can you also make some stats visible beside only the level of the item ?

ID 255 in World 1 Damoria
    ID 171 in World 2 Damoria

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.
    Wer zwei trinkt, kann auch drei trinken.
    Nach drei Bier, hol ich mir doch noch ein Viertes.
    Ach komm, was ist schon ein Sixpack.
    Hmm der leere Kasten ist mein Kopfkissen.
    Heute kauf ich mir eine Brauerei.

• About Updates:
    Thanks for listening.
    I hope they will help the game, the players. Better for all. Good enough for everybody.
    Time will be the judge.
    Time. Time!! Time (and money) is (are) the bigest problem concerning active players leverage.

@Juflo
    "Do not see it as throwing away, see it as selling. Some extra money to buy the better items, you do want, on the market."
    Agree. The problem was the limited stock VS time to check item quality.

"If you can compare and exchange the found items more easily, a stock of 20 is enough."
    "I keep the best weapons with my guards. Only have a few in reserve and have enough space in stock with those 20 places. But for this I indeed need a diagram to quickly see if a new item is better than the old one's and where the worst old one is located."
    I agree. Future update??

(© 2012 - Once upon a time...)

W1 - 124
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• I have another idea:

From missions we collect a lot of trash items as well ( depends on personal view ) .

I collect them and then sell them item by item to the ingame trader.

Would it be possible to "select" multiple trash items and sell them all at once to ingame trader?

just idea

maybe same approach with auctions. maybe select multiple items and then send to auction.

regards
    phil

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

Edited once, last by Hochstedter ().

• Official Post

For the trader npc it could be possible to do that, but for the auction it makes no sense, maybe you want to change the start value or so - and also, you have to pay auction fees.
    but, this saves only some clicks and it seems not such import - isnt it?

is this hovering over items in left menu thats what you expected and it works or not?

• I find the price of extra storage slots to be so low as to make the cost meaningless. You'd don't have to think about whether it is worth spending the Thaler or not -- you only have to think about how many slots even make sense.

I'm sure there are many other players who have way more Thaler than me, but I already have accumulated 8M, so I could theoretically buy 8000 extra slots. I bought 10, just to have a small buffer.

Is there any limit to the slots now? Or can you buy until you run out of money?

I can understand people needing more than the original 20 slots. You could have as many as 20 knights, and you might want to keep on hand an assortment of items to experiment with, focusing on offense, defense, blood damage, crits or blocks. If you went nuts on that, and had an alternate item for each slot for each knight, then considering there are 10 items to equip per knight, you would require 20 knights x 10 items per knight = 200 slots, and you would still need another 20 to 40 slots for auctioning items.

I don't bother putting up for auction items that I know no one will be interested in buying. I sell them off to the NPC immediately.

I don't know the purpose of trying to optimally equip 20 knights, at least as regards tournaments. Maybe it is important later when you can deploy them in the game?

You can only enter a few knights in a tournament. So you equip 10 knights in different ways, and then choose 3 of them to fight to see how they perform. After that you might swap a few items around between knights.

All the knights you have which exceed the number which can compete in a tournament are useful for mainly for doing quests to obtain more items, and otherwise act as an extra 10 storage slots.

I am avoiding use of a spreadsheet by doing a hand-me-down method. I have organized my knights from best to worst, and the best knight gets any new item that is better than what he already has. The next knight down trades his item for that one, and on down the list until the weakest knight trades out an item, which is then either auctioned or sold to the NPC.

How I determine if one item is better than another is not based on the market price, but rather me looking at the stats and doing my own mental calculation and weighing what I think will play a bigger role in determining the outcome of a battle. I won't know if I'm right until we start with the tournaments.

• Here's a suggestion for making non-Titan items more interesting:

How about a bonus to the values if you equip a knight will all items having the same type of armor, e.g. all demon forged items.

I suppose it would make sense to NOT do that for Titan items, because that would defeat the purpose of trying to make the lesser types more interesting.

• How I determine if one item is better than another is not based on the market price, but rather me looking at the stats and doing my own mental calculation and weighing what I think will play a bigger role in determining the outcome of a battle. I won't know if I'm right until we start with the tournaments.

Respect to your mental and mathematical capacities! Are you doing a continuous analysis of your fights with the simulation tool?

ID 368 | W1
  • Hi garbageman.

As per post from Dschibait on 22.09.2020 in the german thread all knights will fight. Where you see that only 3 will fight?

Each knight will fight in the qualification rounds 1 by 1. So all, need to be equipped well. (information status i see now)

Then in the final rounds you, have to choose 3 for the quarter, 3 for the half and 3 for the finals in beforehand. So only in the final rounds 1 knight will not fight... Tjey figjt 3v3 mode as per information i see now

Due to potential changes I propose to equip all knights :)

Regards
    Phil

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

• Well, this is embarrassing, I only have 6 castles and therefore only 6 knights :)

If it were merely the 10 vs. 10 fights I suppose I could just send 6 vs.10 (if the software allowed it) and hope for the best. But obviously that won't work if I must choose in advance 3 separate groups of 3 for the quarterfinal, semifinal and final 3 vs. 3 rounds, assuming a given knight can only be used in one group.

I haven't been using the simulator until now (since I didn't realize there was one), but I found it now and gave it a try, putting my best 3 knights vs. my worst 3 knights. The best knight by himself slaughtered the other 3.

Sigh. I'll have to build 4 more castles and recruit 4 more knights.

• >> if you want to reach anything ... you have to build 100 castles

Funny story:

I started playing on one server not long after Big Point launched the game. At that time, there were no gems, no Deeds of Conquest, no Baldur's Fortresses (golden castles). There existed only regular castles. The resources needed for construction wagons increased exponentially, to the point that they became effectively impossible to pay for, once you had a couple of dozen castles.

Many new players joined for a day or two, created some low point castles, and then lost interest. After a couple of weeks, those tiny castles dotting the map would turn grey, and then a week or two later disappear off the map.

The active players ignored the tiny grey castles, in favor of using construction wagons (choosing their preferred locations) or else conquering larger already built-up castles. Nobody wanted to spend the time to build up some tiny castle, probably created by a novice on a bad square to start with.

But I and one other player looked at the cost of construction wagons and realized that the only way to get a lot of castles was to conquer them, that there would be a lot of competition for the larger castles, and that if you used a construction wagon, you'd have to build them up anyway, with the disadvantage of spending a fortune in resources, better used for troop recruitment.

So the two of us started conquering every small grey castle we could find. It was a race. Building them up was a time-consuming chore. When he had about 150 castles and I had over 100, we had the highest point totals, and other players began to take notice.

So did Big Point. They totally panicked, thinking that we would consume the entire map, all 100 continents, not leaving any squares free for new players to join.

So Big Point initiated a 20 castle per person limit, forcing players to choose which 20 they wanted to keep, and demolished all the rest. That was a lot of work down the toilet. Not all of the 100+ castles I had were built up, but I had way more than 20 good castles, at least 40, probably 60.

In the years after that, they introduced gems, Deeds of Conquest, and the Baldur's Fortresses with the aim to give the players a chance to obtain more than 20 castles again.

The result, as you can see now, is a handful of dominant players with hundreds of Baldur's Fortresses :)

Even with that, and after combining several servers worth of castles onto one world, the space still didn't run out either.

I only played on one server, so when other players who did play on several servers got to take all their castles from multiple servers onto one world when Bitmeup took over, I had comparatively few castles, only 72. I didn't choose a great location, and I ended up demolishing almost all of those to prevent them from being conquered. I lost a couple of billion troops in the process, and the attackers never ran out of troops. That situation was subsequently rectified, but the damage was done, which is why I'm happy to play now with just 6 10 castles. (I just built 4 more in order to be able to have 10 knights.)

So I was the second person on my original server to have over 100 castles, I don't know about the other servers.

• i was playing at this time ... it was on beginning of "new worlds" from big point after they were closing old worlds (after insert bugs to make it unplayable) ... it was just some days possible to build many castles ... i had 250 castles :D ... you had to choose 10 castles ... rest have been auto-wrecked :)

you cannot compare the game of then with now ... now a lot of things are different - specially for your concerning ;)
    military strength with range where you can be attacked / attack ... give it a try to build up 50 castles ... you will be even more save in the beginning ;)