• I think this is to much of a protection of the little players i agree that the little players need to be protected but this extend is to far. Atleast exclude everyone in the top 100, everyone who has gotten that far should have a good idea on how to play the game. I play in the Sirius universe for instance i can attack the 20 people above me and maybe 15 below with out getting a reduction. I'm a fleeter so my spice value is higher than most. All the other players that i can attack, which is pretty much just the top 100 have a spice value to low. So now i'm limited to only attacking 35 people who most are barly playing just so i don't loose out on stealing someone resources where its actually worth it. For reference i only attack for fleet or spice value 500mill and up so now I may aswell quit because I have just lost 60% of the players i can attack. With only 35 people (probbaly half in vacation mode) to attack whats the point of playing

Edited once, last by Hans1 ().

• You know whats interesting? When we had that discussion a while back about players leaving the game because they were farmed into oblivion, the tenor in the thread was 'Oh, that's sad, but, no sirrah, that can't apply to me, because I'm only here for the fleets. This is a war game, after all, not a hustle!' (well, it isn't, it's more like a mobster game, but that is a topic for another time).

Guess what? You can still shoot these fleets! You can even fully recycle them. You won't be penalized for that. You simply take a hit on collecting resources you professed you had no interest in in the first place. You can still kill fleets left and right and collect all the rubble on them.

• We can give our opinion, but the decision to introduce this system was taken some time ago!

So we're talking for nothing!

The best system, without complicating the game, is the "sirius" universe system, adding shorter ZAs if necessary!

But it will be as they decide!

;(

• Yes that may be true to a certain extend, like i stated it has to be worth it resource wise. I don't like players who farm someones daily prodution that is just frustrating specially if that player has much less points than yourself, thats a quick way to kill this game even more.

But lets say after a few missed attacks and the penelty suddenly building up to 100% because it resets after every attack on a lower player. Then suddenly killing a fleet but not being able to take the few billion resources that this hypothetical player may have had, is a killer. This is a game where someone eles loss is someones gain. Why not make new safer univeres but leave things the way they are in the old

• I've been playing SI since 2009 and, yes, it;s different, as an earlier post said. I left for a short time when it became acceptable to "BUY" your way to the top rather than prove it through skill and prowess in battle, and my ranking dropped considerably overnight. I came back because I figured I could still play that way and evade those who got those super-bloated fleets by other means. Raiding lesser point players for resources was understood as part of the game; it kept you alert and helped hone the skills of escape flight, feigning weakness for a ninja, and when to stand your ground. It was all part of SI, and if your buttocks clenched every so often, that too was part of the fun. I've lost entire fleets, yes, but it made me a better, more alert player.

That being said, I agree with the need to control bashing of smaller players but basing that control on total spice amount is confusing and misleading, After all, a 40-level mine counts for a lot of spice but isn't of much use in battle, if I understand correctly how the spice total is being calculated.

Perhaps what's needed is a revision and expansion of something we already have: the attack zones. First, revise them so it's based of fleet attack capability, not overall total of everything. Then revise and expand the number of zones.

Here's an example: now, I'm not claiming to be a small player--I just reached 1bn points (in Nexus), something I never imagined way back when--and have a moderately sized fleet. But I feel like a newbie when one of top 10 uber-players try to jump me with 16, 18, maybe 22 million Phoenixes. Even if I pulled my entire fleet together and threw in the kitchen sink, I wouldn't even dent that!

How did they get that big, anyway? I play regularly, as do many in my alliance, and we're not getting anywhere near that size! Those 2 factors together seem to me to be the root of the bashing problem.

I'm not advocating that no one can buy their way up. You guys need to make money to keep things going, and I respect that. But let's try an adjusted and expanded "attack zone" scheme that also takes into account players with megafleets. I read complaints that similar restrictions might mean a player that has such a gigantic fleet could then attack only a few...how is is fair to those smaller who stand NO change of fighting back? What would those attack zone ranges be? I leave that for you GOs to figure out, but please make it sensible and fair, as I know you would.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this, and hope it has merit. I'd like to continue playing SI as I've known it for more years! :thumbup:

• Perhaps what's needed is a revision and expansion of something we already have: the attack zones. First, revise them so it's based of fleet attack capability, not overall total of everything. Then revise and expand the number of zones.

I agree with the idea that AZ should take into account fleet strength, but there is a perspective around building size that should be considered too. For a small fleeter with almost no mines and 20,000 phoenix, a fleet loss is incredibly damaging. For a miner with level 40 mines, 20,000 phoenix can be rebuilt in a very short time just through production. So there is a sense that mines should be considered in AZ too.

In-game name is Freddie