I've been playing SI since 2009 and, yes, it;s different, as an earlier post said. I left for a short time when it became acceptable to "BUY" your way to the top rather than prove it through skill and prowess in battle, and my ranking dropped considerably overnight. I came back because I figured I could still play that way and evade those who got those super-bloated fleets by other means. Raiding lesser point players for resources was understood as part of the game; it kept you alert and helped hone the skills of escape flight, feigning weakness for a ninja, and when to stand your ground. It was all part of SI, and if your buttocks clenched every so often, that too was part of the fun. I've lost entire fleets, yes, but it made me a better, more alert player.

That being said, I agree with the need to control bashing of smaller players but basing that control on total spice amount is confusing and misleading, After all, a 40-level mine counts for a lot of spice but isn't of much use in battle, if I understand correctly how the spice total is being calculated.

Perhaps what's needed is a revision and expansion of something we already have: the attack zones. First, revise them so it's based of fleet attack capability, not overall total of everything. Then revise and expand the number of zones.

Here's an example: now, I'm not claiming to be a small player--I just reached 1bn points (in Nexus), something I never imagined way back when--and have a moderately sized fleet. But I feel like a newbie when one of top 10 uber-players try to jump me with 16, 18, maybe 22 million Phoenixes. Even if I pulled my entire fleet together and threw in the kitchen sink, I wouldn't even dent that!

How did they get that big, anyway? I play regularly, as do many in my alliance, and we're not getting anywhere near that size! Those 2 factors together seem to me to be the root of the bashing problem.

I'm not advocating that no one can buy their way up. You guys need to make money to keep things going, and I respect that. But let's try an adjusted and expanded "attack zone" scheme that also takes into account players with megafleets. I read complaints that similar restrictions might mean a player that has such a gigantic fleet could then attack only a few...how is is fair to those smaller who stand NO change of fighting back? What would those attack zone ranges be? I leave that for you GOs to figure out, but please make it sensible and fair, as I know you would.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this, and hope it has merit. I'd like to continue playing SI as I've known it for more years! :thumbup:

Asteroids: remain as they are. I (and many otrhers) worked diligently, sacrificed resources, and use them as a critical part of our war effort.

Removal of unused "universes" (or are they really galaxies?): good idea - there was a LOT of empty space out there, no pun intended. Why not made it a nice round number, though: 10 galaxies.

Then, reduce the number of solar systems in a galaxy from 400 to 360. After all, a galaxy is disk-shaped, and this would relate to degrees.

Next, all those 1-planet solar systems within "working" galaxies: what a HORRIBLE idea! How about this instead (and I proposed it over a year ago): have a variable number of planets in each solar system... between 3 and 16. Not 1 or 2, however.... makes defense a bit TOO easy! This is a war game, after all! Not every solar system needs 16 planets - get rid of some of those unused ones!

And for icing on the cake...make the planets orbit the sun, as you've made roids orbit planets in the new screens!

In a previous post: "So you still have your gold/chests on the next gold event in your account."

Ahh! THAT I did not know!

Maybe on next event include it in the post?

Also, are we any closer to that countdown timer to show when the event ends so those of us challenged by Daylight Savings Time shifts don't get confused?

Had not realized it was there, lol!! Having it "up front" would also be a great reminder to get some urplasma before time runs out!

Also, while we're on ideas... every time there's an event, such as now with Octoberfest, there's confusion as to when it ends. This is possibly because midnight in Germany is late afternoon of the day before in the States, or Fall & Spring time change... you name it.

So, what about a "countdown" clock on the Command page, an "Event time Remaining" counter so players will know at a glance when the event actually ends? Would help avoid a lot of confusion, especially for an event like the one now where gold goes away when it's over!

Yes, I have a lot of them and I paid dearly for every one of them. So scared? No.

It's simply unjust that the "solution" to a non-problem that doesn't need fixing offered by somebody who doesn't have them and hasn't learned to cope with them is to do away with them. I suspect that the suggestion following that one will be to get rid of warships because they break things.

Asteroids, and all that they have, are an integral part of the game and always have been. I argue for not less asteroids but, if there's a battle on a planet that has one, let some of the rubble fall onto the roid and increase it's field size to a maximum to be determined. Some of the building on the roid would be destroyed, of course, as would happen in real life!

Then, too, if you have some weapon that can "destroy" a roid, why NOT one for a planet? Just pump up the energy requirements! After all, that's what would likely happen in real life or any halfway decent sci-fi movie. And, between just you and me, who do you think would get that weapon first? Get real now.

The bigger question is, do we really want to go there? What does it do to the game?

So let's stick to the realistic science part of this game, not "magical" fixes like disappearing roids or planets that move on whim (except for major necessities like universe merges) that cater to the whims of less
    serious players. Want to counter my asteroids? Get some of your own, and learn how to use them.

Wanting to destroy somebody else's asteroids sounds like sour grapes to me. Why not get a couple of asteroids of your own? Bad enough you can get one ONLY once a month! Sacrifice some fleet if you want this strategic advantage, but if you don't want to do that, it should not penalize those of us who do. And if you can destroy roids, why not planets? Solar systems? Where does it end, and what does the game look like when all of this is possible?

Hey, if you want to include little hits like this, I've had hundreds--yes, hundreds!!--against your boy Generalissimus. Best farm I've ever had.