Yes that may be true to a certain extend, like i stated it has to be worth it resource wise. I don't like players who farm someones daily prodution that is just frustrating specially if that player has much less points than yourself, thats a quick way to kill this game even more.

But lets say after a few missed attacks and the penelty suddenly building up to 100% because it resets after every attack on a lower player. Then suddenly killing a fleet but not being able to take the few billion resources that this hypothetical player may have had, is a killer. This is a game where someone eles loss is someones gain. Why not make new safer univeres but leave things the way they are in the old

I think this is to much of a protection of the little players i agree that the little players need to be protected but this extend is to far. Atleast exclude everyone in the top 100, everyone who has gotten that far should have a good idea on how to play the game. I play in the Sirius universe for instance i can attack the 20 people above me and maybe 15 below with out getting a reduction. I'm a fleeter so my spice value is higher than most. All the other players that i can attack, which is pretty much just the top 100 have a spice value to low. So now i'm limited to only attacking 35 people who most are barly playing just so i don't loose out on stealing someone resources where its actually worth it. For reference i only attack for fleet or spice value 500mill and up so now I may aswell quit because I have just lost 60% of the players i can attack. With only 35 people (probbaly half in vacation mode) to attack whats the point of playing