• that was planned when the game started .. in the meantime it is no longer being worked on .. the imperial star base is only there for defense and to save the fleet ..
    I do not think that the imperial star base will be given its true purpose ..
    just as this project was no longer pursued, many have only one or none of these star destroyer ..
    I do not think that this is built into an existing universe ..
    maybe we can experience that in a new universe ..
    Many of us will not live to see it anymore, as we have been waiting for this function for over 10 years.

Vor Inbetriebnahme des Mundwerks, Gehirn einschalten !
    Hat so manchen schon vor dummen Antworten bewart !

Sirius: HuiBuh, UserID: 61

• we have a lot of asteroids, too much for me
    you can see how many players are flying, almost every flight = fleet interception
    i would be happy to do planets near asteroids; and destroyed them
    I can do the fleet only to destroy them, no problem

So, I'm waiting for a response from GO

ps. destroying asteroids is also an element of strategy

• And what to do with fleet flying sonewhere to target from an astro if you destroy it ?

I dont like this idea if it would be implemented on old endles unis.
    Perhaps on timed speed based uni until some point before the end.

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• The idea of having something to counter Galaxy scanners on Roids would be of more advantage. At the momement the only ship that can hide (if I remember correctly) is the stealth bomber which is both expesive to build and to fly over any distance.

Maybe its time for a new class of ship that can hide for certain duration from the GS. I admit I'm not one these players that can work out all the specs as other would. However while cheaper to build I would expect weaons sheilds and defence to be that much weaker mean more would be need to do the same say as fleet of Nix's.

Of course there is always the other alternative would be to give all roids a life span with the options for the owner to decommision thier roid leading up to the end of its life for the materials used to build it.

• Official Post

where i wrote "no" ?

your initial question was "where is the function to destroy astroids" and only wrote "i dont like destroy; i would disable them" (for a time frame of 3 or more hours)

Some kind of new ship (invisible / hiding ship) could also bring such a result. But this ship should have a lifetime and should have some high requirements or costs and there should be a limit (maybe only 1) for this kind of ship.

But yep, i would say "no" because the fact that you only write "i want to have" but you didnt bring any idea how this ship should work.
    That you need to scan the right system to the right time and that this also costs time and resources is not an fact that you bring here. The players with astroids (you also could get one!) dont scanning like hell. We have some scan logs that we can check if this feature is rly such strong like you (or other) write here on the board.

i dont think so, but i like that idea to have such a counter strategy to that

sarcasm
    "over powered" function
    /sarcasm

regards
    Dschibait

• Stealth bomber is very weak

you know how much you need them to destroy 100k Battleship

maybeyou can corrected this

And with these i would aree here. Maybe take the 0 round and make them stronger in defence.
    The same with Destroyers - with speed and perhaps with fuel cost.

• Its quiete simple. To make them as a possible to build fleet, almost the same way as people buld phx or bs.
    Keep the big price, leet it still be like it is - high and costly. Just give more defence/shielding so they can be closer to Phoenix if we are talking about battles and fleet looses. Check the simulator how this lookes like every time.
    Currently they fall in numbers and are costly and thats the problem.
    The game will be more interesting if we have more options for fleet. Usefull fleet that is.

Edited once, last by Mariusz025 ().

• Official Post

you change the topic of this thread with each post.

could be please define ONE topic which we can discuss?

- ship stats and balancing
    or
    - astro and visibility

a change of sb not change the visibility and visibility changes makes sb not less instresting.

i saw enough strategies and issues with sb that i dont want to make them stronger.
    i see much more (and we plan to change here something) problems in shield effects and in that fact that no one builds defense anymore.

• So,
    I'm waiting;what we can do about it:)

Make an suggestion that is not completely out of thoughts? Just writing "do something" isn't helpful, question it all day long is even less helpful if there is no proposal which actually makes sense.

Consider the problems with stronger SBs = only SB fleets. Having any stat changes does not change the workings of the battlescript so changing stats as a counter measure does not work at all (just to be sure that this is covered).

Destroy astros lead to one thing: strong players have them, weak not. Again this results out of the battlescript and its implications. Beside it is nice to loose a scanner level 10 considering what it costs and of course the other buildings, guess you would love to loose yours.

So Dschi already had some hint here with "disabling option" - what about you are thinking about it and propose something or any other method which does not mess with stats where one thing is for sure: you won't be happy as a weak player.

As usual we have certain ideas (not even new, some of them exist quite some time but not everything can be handled over night and with different things other issues occur). Once those ideas are published most people do not think anymore about something else (or said this way: they cannot come up with a quite different view/idea).

However, no matter how it is solved or being suggested to be solved i know at least half of voices (players that actually write something) will cry and the other half more or less support it - so either way it's wrong anyways :thumbup:

• I wanted a simple answer... yes or no
    you write to me like a politician...
    I remember time when interval cannon costed 5.000 Metal 5.000 Kryptonite 500 Spice; but he was too strong, so Team SI made him expensive
    so you can upgrade ships in the game

ps. you're wrong... for me, asteroids can disappear from all the universe :) many players of "DE" dont like it, that's why nothing changes

Consider the problems with stronger SBs = only SB fleets. Having any stat changes does not change the workings of the battlescript so changing stats as a counter measure does not work at all (just to be sure that this is covered).

It's not that to make them strongest - it's only to make CLOSER to Bs / Phx.

Because current fleet structure is Phx, Bs .... nothing ... nothing ...nothing .... small fighters ... ... nothing ... nothing .... bombers ....
    You know what players build all th time. I dont need to write about it over and over again.

My point of view is make at least 5 units what players can use, not 2-3 as it is now. Adding some shielding for sure is not the only option - if you have something else/better in mind - thats fine for me. As long this will give some freshnes and fun to the game in future.

Sorry for off top. I think we written all that can be said here now :D

Back to subject : Roids

Dissabling a roid will do nothing good - i think. There is so many roid in game, if you dissable one,two, three - there still will be several other (alliance) players who can scan a player who want"s to send attack somehere. Paradoxically this may bring more roid in game - so you would not dissable all of them.

• Wanting to destroy somebody else's asteroids sounds like sour grapes to me. Why not get a couple of asteroids of your own? Bad enough you can get one ONLY once a month! Sacrifice some fleet if you want this strategic advantage, but if you don't want to do that, it should not penalize those of us who do. And if you can destroy roids, why not planets? Solar systems? Where does it end, and what does the game look like when all of this is possible?

• Official Post

i discuss this in the team and we think that we didn't bring changes in ship values in old universes.
    We want to try something in new universes (like weakness of some ships to others - that you can counter a fleet) but we don't want to change anything in old universes.

This didn't includes the galaxy scanner; but here we need an "disable" not an "destroy" idea.

regards
    Dschibait