• Good.

Since you also decreed to decrease the size of bigger asteroids to 30 as well (see above) I wanted to know how you will deal with the consequences of that decision (asteroids bigger than 30 fields do exist).
    Unless, of course, it was meant to be a joke. In that case you should be more careful - as the developer your word is law!

• Official Post

80 is the maximum field size...

@Bald_Eagle
    Ich mach es jetzt kurz auf deutsch. Es ist einfach sinnlos über diese Art von Erhöhungen zu sprechen. Es gibt eine Chance von 30% das du unter die 30 Felder kommst; die GeNeSIS Spieler haben den minimal Wert 15 bekommen. Du willst mir also sagen das du es nicht einsiehst das hier eine Erhöhung notwendig ist?
    Retro Spieler haben die Möglichkeit über Planeten Löschung oder Astrozerstörer im Shop ja auch einen neuen zu erhalten. Aber GeNeSIS Spieler können nicht mehr als diese min. Felder Anzahl bekommen. Sie mussten also Astros bebauen die jetzt völligst unterirdisch sind! Ich empfinde das nicht als Joke da eine Kürzung auch in Betracht zu ziehen. Es wäre eine andere Möglichkeit die man hier gehen könnte. Bei einer Reduzierung hast du aber nun ja die von dir schon angesprochenen Probleme. Aber Grundsätzlich probieren wir fairness für alle zu schaffen.
    Schlussendlich willst du als Retro Spieler die ganze Zeit nur haben; dir ist es recht wenn ich die 30% abziehe aber das GeNeSIS Spieler auch Chancen haben müssen überhaupt mit den Astros oder Planeten etwas anfangen zu können und nicht gezwungen werden alles abzureißen scheint leider völlig argumentlos bei dir zu sein.

• I believe you thouroughly misunderstood my post

Ich mach es jetzt kurz auf deutsch. Es ist einfach sinnlos über diese Art von Erhöhungen zu sprechen. Es gibt eine Chance von 30% das du unter die 30 Felder kommst; die GeNeSIS Spieler haben den minimal Wert 15 bekommen. Du willst mir also sagen das du es nicht einsiehst das hier eine Erhöhung notwendig ist?

Of course not! Where did you see me write such a thing?

Retro Spieler haben die Möglichkeit über Planeten Löschung oder Astrozerstörer im Shop ja auch einen neuen zu erhalten. Aber GeNeSIS Spieler können nicht mehr als diese min. Felder Anzahl bekommen. Sie mussten also Astros bebauen die jetzt völligst unterirdisch sind!
    Ich empfinde das nicht als Joke da eine Kürzung auch in Betracht zu ziehen. Es wäre eine andere Möglichkeit die man hier gehen könnte. Bei einer Reduzierung hast du aber nun ja die von dir schon angesprochenen Probleme. Aber Grundsätzlich probieren wir fairness für alle zu schaffen.

See above. However, Genesis players do get their asteroids upgraded, Retro players in the same situation get nothing. You were talking about fairness?(paying for the priviledge to get thair small asteroids removed is now open to all players, deleting planets as well) Please note that I simply asked about astros that are smaller than 30 fields.
    Now you stated you want to restrict all astros to the same size. Fine, its your game. But you still didn't answer my question.

Schlussendlich willst du als Retro Spieler die ganze Zeit nur haben; dir ist es recht wenn ich die 30% abziehe aber das GeNeSIS Spieler auch Chancen haben müssen überhaupt mit den Astros oder Planeten etwas anfangen zu können und nicht gezwungen werden alles abzureißen scheint leider völlig argumentlos bei dir zu sein.

Not so, not at all, see:
    gensis und Retro

Btw. if you read all my posts on this topic you'll find that at no point at all I argued against upgrades for Genesis players, I find your statement quite aggravating.

• Official Post

You already asked this question here:
    gensis und Retro

and still, why a retro player should get something? he has the oppertunity to get more; the calculation is not strip down to a fix value or something like that.
    Like i say, the retro players can got astro > 15 fields by a 99% chance ... why retro players should not have this fields exklusivly?
    You didnt bring any argument, you only "ask" what the retro players get, again and again; and still, retro players has no limitations anyway!

and i answered the question above; we didnt want to decrease fields because of these trouble of calculation compensations (spaceinvasion players want compensations for everything - dont know why but its so)

• No, actually I didn't. You are comparing apples and oranges here. Planet fields and asteroid fields are not quite the same. You cannot indefinitely try for more asteroid fields as you can for planet fields.

*edit* part deleted: no longer important */edit*

You didnt bring any argument, you only "ask" what the retro players get,

I did offer a counter proposal, which would not have led to any reductions for genesis players at all.

As for asking, yes, I did. The Genesis accounts were not viable in their current form for an endless universe, they were purposely designed that way. So they get upgrades to make them viable, and I ask for 'compensations', as Spaceinvasion players are wont to do, as you yourself remarked. :)
    Feel free to refuse.

• Official Post

you should read more as this quoted text part...

Ich empfinde das nicht als Joke da eine Kürzung auch in Betracht zu ziehen. Es wäre eine andere Möglichkeit die man hier gehen könnte. Bei einer Reduzierung hast du aber nun ja die von dir schon angesprochenen Probleme. Aber Grundsätzlich probieren wir fairness für alle zu schaffen.

there are words like "wäre" and "könnte"; and than i apply to your shown problems and finnaly i say "aber" that i want to have fairness here.

and i know that planet and astro fields are not the same; but the calculation (or rdm ranges) are not the same. Its much harder to get an crappy astro as an crappy planet.
    So what i already wrote (and you didnt comment); Retro players get a astro > 15 fields with a 99% chance. They get a 30 fields Astro with almost a 70% Chance.... and now, why i should increase astros for retro players also like for GeNeSIS ones?
    btw, the calculation for genesis players looks much more harder; they have a 100% Chance to get an astro with 15fields and get an 0% chance to get an astro with 30felds, the chance for 29fields looks not much better, its also 0% ... finnaly 16 fields are also not so much better; its still 0% ...
    Ok was a joke; but i think you know what i mean!
    So the question was not "should genesis players be upgraded to get fariness" the question (and thats what you want) should retro player also be upgrated? And if yes, why?

• Exactly. The question was never about Genesis.

As to Retro players my take is 'yes'.
    Why? Because 'almost 70%' is (a lot? - at least 30%?) less than 100%. I will again point out that I specifically asked about astros with < 30 fields.
    However, judging from the reaction that question has raised here - exactly none - I will retract that question if no one else deems it important.
    Thank you for your patience.

*edit* for clarification, upgrade for retro in my view specifically means more fields (30, same number as for Genesis) for small asteroids (<30 fields)

• *edit* for clarification, upgrade for retro in my view specifically means more fields (30, same number as for Genesis) for small asteroids (<30 fields)

it is just right for all he is completely right. because 80% astros in retro <30. and this is not reckoned but reality

• Official Post

it is just right for all he is completely right. because 80% astros in retro <30. and this is not reckoned but reality

good that someone has database access and can write somtehing to this statement.
    we have a total amount of 1418 astroids in retro.
    <30 Fields are 679 astroids (this is because of a change of this rdm calculation which we increased some years ago)

this is a result value of 47,8% ... so your 80% is just false

• While I understand the arguments here regarding Roids, I have an idea and yes I know it maybe unpopular.

As has been said Genesis will bring its roids over to Retro with the fields set out. Dischibait has already said that there are 1418 roids in Retro now and with genesis this will only increase which in my eyes will only cause a stalemate in the game much as we have now.

How about a time say 6 months and we look to see the effect on the game if any. If there is as i supect then maybe its time to reset all roids. Yes people will want to be compensated for thier loss but surely this could be done via the option to destory your roid allowing a calculation as to size and build say your gal scanner to work out the resources lost. Again set with a time limit do it your self get compensated dont do loose it and get nothing.

Yes I have roid and id happily not have it if it got people playing and flying thier fleets again. I do miss the good old days back before that bigpoint server crashed all those years ago.

• i like this idea of an expire date of an astroid ...
    But for this, we need to enable that you get resources back on downgrading processes.

so you know that your astroid expires in 1year and you need to handle downgrading ... so this makes it much harder to handle many astroids.

I think I like this idea a little more than my idea of just compensation from destroying. It would bring a new el element to the game along with the fact no one can control the area for longer than the year. Of course if you dont manage your degrade you loose out.

Just an after thought I do recalled from a long time back of mention the Imperial starbase had been intended as a roid killer but it was never turned on? If thats the case maybe its time for that to happen and stop it being a huge transmitter :) It would another way of balancing out the the advantage a roid gives.

• I **DON'T** like the idea of an expiration date on asteroids. I gave up a lot of resource to get them--only a 1 in 5 chance at best!!--and then invested a lot into building them up. Keep them as they are!

If somebody doesn't want their asteroid, they can simply delete it. Or is it that they don't want somebody else to have an asteroid, and all the benefits that go with it?