• For the other accounts, we can calculate all cash paid for
    them, and we can apply a conversion rate. For example: for 1 urplasma= 1
    ships; or 1 urplasma=3 hours less of reserch; or 1 urplasma= 3 hours
    less of buildings. What do you think about it?

I think it´s a good idea. A lot of players have spent time, effort and sometimes money :) building their accounts to lose all now

• Official Post

Already wrote with corsair about this...

i still see the problem that a player want to play in more than one universe.
    The fact that you will "book" some goodies for those player which plays in more than one universe..
    But i think, its a bad idea to do that, you dont get an fair calculation for this..

if you pay them "to good" things; all other players are angry,
    if you calculate them to "low" the work / money of these players are gone, like they players...

this will be rly hard.

• The fact that you will "book" some goodies for those player which plays in more than one universe..
    But i think, its a bad idea to do that, you dont get an fair calculation for this..

if you pay them "to good" things; all other players are angry,

Yes, but if "multiaccounts" players don't have some compensation they will be angry too. There has to be something intermediate

• Official Post

As Dschibait &Corsair told, its not easy to find a good conversation rate. But there is more to think about.

There are players in this game who get their Merchant in more then one universe. By melting acocunts together this money will fall off. It is (at least partwise) about money aswell.

@killforme there are a staff members reading this conversation all the time but mostly we'd like the community to find a good way without interrupting. This does not mean we dont care. We do care.

• <p>Dear <a href="https://board.bitmeup.com/index.php/User/2-Dschibait/" class="userLink" data-user-id="2" rel="author" id="wcf10">Dschibait and No Delay,<br></a></p><p>i m very happy if some GOs read our conversation. But i want to write again that spaceinvasion is dying. Do you know it? i think that if we will think about a right conversion rate, the fusione will be the better solution for all. I think that players with many account, they will not be angry if their money will be changed in points/builidngs/ships. Becouse it would mean that they did not pay for merchant or something else, but they paid to increase their points or accout. So i think that it will be very good. I propose to make a survey in game. Why we have not to try it? I would invite you to work to search a right conversion rate for the accounts. If you need something else i will be very happy to work with them for it; becouse i think that from it, the game will see his life or death. So please we must work about it and i think that it will be good to propose the convesion rate to the players in game like a survey. You will ask to them, what they think about fusion and conversion rate. And only after that we can decide if players like or not conversion rate or something else. Thanks for your attention. Greetings<br><a href="https://board.bitmeup.com/index.php/User/2-Dschibait/" class="userLink" data-user-id="2" rel="author" id="wcf10"></a></p>

• Alternatively you can start next speed unis this way that on the end of it every player may have a choice to be transfered to one of the old uni - for example RETRO. And continue play there. This may be the most easiest way to fill old unis.
    Ragards

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• I've read through posts that I can. I have to agree with folks that something needs to be done to save "our game" but I'm not sure yet another merge of Uni's is the right move we have been there before and if that had of worked we wouldn't be talking about this now.

While I am more than happy with the changes that have taken place over the last couple of years which BP had told us where impossible I find myself playing less and less. While i don't play games on many other platforms ie Facebook I have to wonder if any thought has been given to build an app that would work both within Facebook and the game its self?

There is no getting away from the fact that the way people play games has changed over the last few years and I don't think Si has quite moved with those times....

• Maybe the reason that some people didn't choose RETRO universe is simply that they don't want to play there. You can't force them to do that.

Look at DE, INT and RU universes. They are more or less at similiar level but RETRO is way ahead and any fleet cutting won't change that... Even Genesis due to its speed will leave those 3 behind.
    I can understand fusion of these 3 but can't imagine fusion with Retro in addition. Don't need to mention people playing few universes at the same time. Any compensation will ruin the ingame balance.

The main problem these days is the on mentioned by Peranakan1. They way people play games in facebook times.
    People are very lazy now and we need to give them simple solution to 'discover' our game. Most of us played this game when there were no iPhone or Android system devices. Nowdays people have everything under their noses.
    The game must be as much available as possible. Proper app should solve part of the problem.

Lets give people opportunity to fall in love into the game we love for years...

• I have played this game since Oct. '07. I've stuck with it thru the ups and downs.
    Seems to me, that BP doesn't give a flying flip about the survival of SI.
    There is no promotion, no advertising, no public relation on the part of BP.
    We have never been offered "Happy Hour", when most other games offer some kind of "special" for purchases.

On another "problem" note,
    Why are in-game messages being censored????????????

I just noticed this happening last night.

It wasn't even obscene. I told another player I was an old f.a.r.t (without the periods between the letters) and it got censored.

Can anybody give a reasonable explanation for that?

Sadly, I'm about ready to quit the game also.

• First of all: The game isn't BP since '11 anymore....
    The accounts are handled by BP and the payment that is all. The rest is "Spaceinvasion UG" or meanwhile even "Bitmeup UG"

Anyway, there were some actions on the promotion side already but of course a small company can't just afford to make huge tv ads and if so then also not in foreign countries. However all that stuff is costly and it is not that SI has huge incomes..(on BP times there was no payment at all, so why they should advertise?).

There are and were special offers, not much like the happy hours but e.g. with the snowballs and the "usual" transmitter events. So in fact yes there are some of these bonuses as well.

Due to the latest spam attack we increased the spam protection quite a bit, just write normally. Everything looking like a link is being removed (link as in the form "domain.tld" and anything you might use to masquerade). So especially constructs like "hello.world" might fail (missing space). Proper typing should avoid the "censorship". Links from si-master, spaceinvasion and bitmeup (the boards) should be fine.

• I've been giving some more thought about the fusion of uni's and having looked at the the amount of folks registered and playing in SI2.0 (currently Registered: 660) of those players how many play in other universes?

We take all SI1.5 uni's excluding INT Genesis and ECO Wars which should remain to allow folks to continue to play Classic SI if they wish. The other Uni's move them to SI2.0 which is under populated and really hasnt been used as it it was intended. 2.0 should be the jewel in the crown of the Game after all. With the smaller amount of players in si2.0 the risk of compensation does still exist but of those 660 the chances are the numbers will fall further as many that play si2.0 wont possibly play in other uni's other than the ones mentioned.

Parker mentioned advertising and yes that does come at a cost as Sarkasmus also said. But this brings me back to what I said before about using the platforms people use.... Si has a FB page simple things like small completions to say win game currency that encourage people to share the post to be entered. Use the page members to to pass on adverts.

Cost seems to be a big factor in any promotion of the game. I dont know the prices involved as such but again FB charge per click of your sponsored add. Crowd fund it say for a month working out say oh that will cost for example 2000 Euro. Again put it to the members to decide if they want the game promoted and if so they will need to chip in.... Its a free game after (unless you buy from the shop) again depending on how much a person chips in a perk can be awarded.

I guess both come hand in hand and I know the Go's dont have a lot of time on thier hands to run a FB page but maybe its something a member who plays could do. And no I dont want to FB annoys me :D

• FB.. well as a matter of fact many of the active GOs indeed avoid it too..
    There are other options (FB stuff), but obviously there were other topics that got handled lately.

Throw classic players into SI2? No! That won't work at all. You can not convert classic SI accs into SI2 accs (so they can take their stuff with them) in a proper way. And the main reason SI2 has not more players than SI classic because people simply do not like it. It does not help to force them over then they simply leave either.

The rest i do not touch. It's not that you simply start a crowd founding campaign.. there is stuff then to fulfil and as a company you might not want to do that.

• All players start from zero in the new universe - everything else is unfair

Several years before (2010 if im not wrong) in "BP times", after failed making of a back-up, current Polish team from 3 PL uniwerses made such decision. Delete all 3 unis - create one new and start from 0.

Because of this decision lot of players quited, mostly becouse they knew that they dont have so many time to play from very beginning like before... this is really not the way.

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• I agree that something needs to be done, but i don't think deleting all universes and everyone starting from 0 points would be the answer. Players have put years of work into their accounts, some players a lot of money. For that to end, they would not start a new universe for the enjoyment of the game, as they would've wasted so long on another universe.

I think it would be fun personally, i play for the game, not for my account. But not everyone thinks this way. There has been a lot of work put in by many a player

• Message from a former GA

"well it may be a good idea to create activity again but i can remeber the time when retro was created. i had my own account from EN1 pushed due to planned fleet destruction from 5m to 50m points (roughly 40m fleet points though lol) - it was when it was annoucned that SI will be closed down, there were no rules and everyone just did what they wanted for fun. a lot of players from the other unis did the same so basically retro is a uni with a high percentage of "cheated" points. of course some (like me) had lost their fleets and quit since then but the one who shot me doen pushed his own account with a cheated account.

basically everyone is a cheater in this universe lol it should rather be shut down than mergered with "clean" unis lol"

• Sure we can't genralize but we have to remember that not all 'unclean' were shut down and we all who play long enough to remember know that.

As -Dread said. Even if account was 'clean' and played fair it could be boosted by 'unclean' points which were generated by cheating players. These points affected all universe and all players. Either 'clean' and 'unclean'

There is no way to forget it and merge retro with other Uni's.

Those who were smart enough avoided bans and got enormous advantage in game and play till now...