• Right now the tournament has the same problem that the rest of the game has: a few players have secured a nearly insurmountable position. It's always the same handful of players in the final rounds. About the time the rest catch up, I expect a reset :)

My suggestion: as long as players can use any level of item regardless of the level of their knight, then also let them find any level of item on a mission.

Implementation: add a new mission parameter: % chance for item level.

Currently we have the following mission parameters to evaluate when choosing a mission:

• Thaler, the monetary reward
    • Experience, the rate of advancement
    • Find Chance, the % chance of finding an item at all
    • Item Quality, % which I assume this is the lower bound of a random value between it and 100%
    • Mission Success, % chance of getting or being able to possibly get any of the above
    • Duration, how long the mission will take

Currently if an item is found, it is automatically the same level as the knight. I propose to change that. I suggest to add:

• Item Level, % which is used to analog to Item Quality but which determines the item level, likely in combination with some modifiers, such as the knight's level.

The benefit of this would be that a player of any level could get super lucky and find a level 50 item. That would reduce, but not eliminate, the advantage of the players who have the free time to send knights on short missions all day long. There wouldn't be a handful of players dominating the selling of high level items, killing the market for lower level items.

There should still be some advantage obtained by more frequent play, and there would be: more missions == more items found, more Thaler earned, and faster advancement with the attendant training improvements.

In addition, the knight's level could improve the chances. Example: an Item Level of 50% could mean a randomly generated item level from 26 to 50. If a level 10 knight were doing the mission, use the level as a modifier, 50% + 10% = effective 60% meaning a randomly generated level from 30 to 50.

That example of how a calculation might be done assumes a linear distribution with a floor underneath it. Alternatively, the Item Level % could be mathematically used in some other way that would make the results more like a Bell curve, with a small chance to find a really low level item, a small chance to find a really high level item, and a large chance to find an item in the middle (i.e. near the knight's level).

I like the idea of lucky finds introducing some wild swings in the early days of the tournaments, which I think should start already the first day. I want to see a bunch of level 1 and level 2 knights beating each other. Give the slower players a chance in the beginning to win a tournament or two before the players with more free time can establish dominance.

• ok thanks for input. Your idea also refers to an opposite direction. Lets say a lvl 50 player gets unlucky and get a lower level item then 50 ?

ID 255 in World 1 Damoria
    ID 171 in World 2 Damoria

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.
    Wer zwei trinkt, kann auch drei trinken.
    Nach drei Bier, hol ich mir doch noch ein Viertes.
    Ach komm, was ist schon ein Sixpack.
    Hmm der leere Kasten ist mein Kopfkissen.
    Heute kauf ich mir eine Brauerei.

• ok thanks for input. Your idea also refers to an opposite direction. Lets say a lvl 50 player gets unlucky and get a lower level item then 50 ?

Yes, I was thinking that would be sort of funny, and it would prevent the level 50 player from getting only level 50 items to flood the market with.

That said, there should probably be some benefit in this regard for reaching a high level, so one might shift the probabilities so that the chance of getting a level 1 item is smaller than it would be for say a level 10 knight.

Even if there were no directly calculated benefit for a higher level, there are all kinds of missions with focuses on different aspects (advancement versus Thaler versus items). A level 50 player could still shift the odds in favor of higher level items by having the luxury of choosing those missions, while other players still have to worry about advancement.

• It is hard to search for a titan blessing or horse...once found it would be not nice to receive it as level 40 hehe.

just my thought.

It is hard work to reach level 50, so you should receive top items when you are level 50.

So I would not agree :)

I would agree to the fact that you may have a chance to get an item with higher level...

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

• Putting a floor on the item level equal to your knight's level is also an option I considered and think would be OK. It would eventually supplant the Item Level %, making that parameter irrelevant when you reached level 50.

• An alternative would be to always find level 50 items. All knights would be equipped with good weapons and therefore able to compete (the tournament could start at a very early point during the knights' development process). The advantage of high-level knights would be reduced to what they get by training: strength, higher krit-rate, running missions faster, finding slightly better items from level to level (there are big differences even between level 50 items). Rare equipment would remain interesting to be acquired on the market. Black, green and blue items which noone really needs could be substituted by Thaler (reducing significantly the need of internal trades).

ID 368 | W1
  • Another idea would be after reset:

Start the tournament from week 1 onwards.

In first week you can only reach maximum level 5.
    In second week you can only reach maximum level 10.
    This means all players might get on same or similar pace until level 50 (week10) and there is still an open window for very active players.

This is under the assumption that xp per mission might be increased in next round

Week 12 (3 months) reset

PS: I would love to see how a lot of level 5 knights beat each other hehehehe

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

Edited 2 times, last by Hochstedter ().

• In first week you can only reach maximum level 5.
    In second week you can only reach maximum level 10.

This would mean that you'll have a week only to walk through 5 levels. Not a very realistic scenario for the higher levels. Furthermore it would make it necessary to level up all players after the tournament has finished such that all players could start at the same level to walk through the next 5 ones.

ID 368 | W1
  • No I mean if you are ahead , you are ahead.

But you can only be ahead until max level of the specific week.

You need to re read my first post carefully as this is only under the assumption you gain more xp per mission in the next round of the guards. I believe from what we know now the xp might be doubled or trippled. otherwise the 3 months are over and nobody has level 50....( thats also an option if wanted )

I know that nobody can reach lvl 50 until week 10 or 5 levels from 45 to 50 in one week. I just mentioned the level as a cap per week.

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

• This will probably end up in the situation that very few players will have reached level 30 in week no. 6 while all others move around beneath level 20. I can't see any balancing effect in here. That's what we have now! The only difference is that in case they have finished level 30 the leading players will have to pause during the tournament while all others will have the opportunity to catch up. In fact nobody really will.

ID 368 | W1
  • The cap in levelling would be just per each week. The top players can then collect level 5 items if they reach level 5 after 2 days of 7 days... but need to wait 5 days for further levelling.

It is not the problem of active players that non active players cannot catch up later in the torunament Thats the game.

Simply saying why should a non active player doing 1-10 missions per week have the same chance in tournament like a player who does 1000 missions ?

It is their own problem. Thats the real world in each browsergame and MMPORG.

I just raised the idea to limit very active players and myself a bit hehe.

Regards
    Phil

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.

• It is probably a perspective problem, in short terms: different goals, different suggestions. Let's keep in mind the initial motivation for this thread.

Right now the tournament has the same problem that the rest of the game has: a few players have secured a nearly insurmountable position. It's always the same handful of players in the final rounds.

We should not forget that the Guard is an add-on, not a stand-alone game. It should take some of your time to get a remarkable effort, but not most.

ID 368 | W1