• Good morning

I would like to write to you on a subject where I discovered a big bug which has been going on for years where I had already written on the forum but without a positive response which is why I am starting again today

The browser game Damoria is an online game which takes place in the Middle Ages.

The browser game Damoria is an online game which takes place in the Middle Ages.

here are 3 battle reports where I am at 75% loss but in the 3 battles I draw but I do not reach the 75% loss why??

if I am at 75% losses and the defender capitulates then I should win the fight so why do I draw??

This made me lose a lot when I should have won the fight, the simulator also says that I should win

cordialy

• Official Post

Hi Chemilla,

There are different types of draws. From what I can see from the reports (I don't have access to player account and could be wrong) this draw is caused by the combat power of the opposing troops being equal for the game.
    The battle script has the troops fight for X number of rounds. After each round it is checked whether a player has reached the maximum number of victims (battle setting). If the combat value of the troops is close to each other, it may happen that the maximum number of rounds is fought, it is then automatically a draw.
    In your battles, the maximum number of rounds that the players can fight against each other has been reached. There was no winner in those rounds and none of the players made it to the battle setting to surrender. Therefore, the fighting stopped with a draw. It is possible that you would have become the winner if there were more rounds if your setting is higher than that of your opponent. But the battle script only provides for a number of rounds.

If I'm right, this isn't a bug, it's part of the battle script.

• Good morning

thank you for your quick response, indeed if you are right then we must review the number of rounds because I sent enough troops to win but not too many to lose too much so we have a problem

I await confirmation of your response

if you want to watch on my account directly

the crusade

id 6

• Official Post

There are different types of draws like Halberd already wrote ... the number of maximum rounds is 200, when having a equal amount of troops and you reach this maximum rounds, the battle is handled like a draw.

The simulator also handled just 200 rounds, so the simulator result should be even like the "final" result, except some special luck configurations, that could be your case here (maybe) ...

finally, i could increase the number of rounds (this comes from bigpoint times, and im not really sure what is the final amount what we could handle) - but im rly sure that 200 isn't such a big amount; but just to say that here, in spaceinvasion its just about 6 rounds before it comes to a draw :P so i think 200 is a rly good amount which works for so many years - but with bigger troops and much even troops, that could be an way to increase the amount of rounds...

• Official Post

no, but it would be good if we could talk about 1 specific fight, you provided several fights.

I will implement a new "fight result" for reaching the limitation of rounds... i will also increase the amount of rounds. But finally, there are luck factors which you not proivded in your simulator results... to find problems in a better way i would also like to have a simulation (external) page which can be shared between you and me...

But, just to say this here, thats not a thing what i can finish in 1 day... we have some daily work and also new stuff what i have to get done for all my games, this problem appears since about 15years, so if you could bring up more investigation to this, it makes it easier for me (and the team) to understand / figure the problem out, and finally find a solution faster.

• here is the battle report that goes with the simulation

attak

simulator

bug-attak hosted at ImgBB
    Image bug-attak hosted in ImgBB
    ibb.co

in the 2 reports we clearly see that the defense losses are identical but mine are not at all identical

whether the luck is +25 or 0 or -25 in all cases I win the fight

I should therefore have won the fight, this completely changed the rest of the day, which was my losses, then I lost a lot of troops whereas if I would have won as all the simulations indicate I would have so save a lot of troops

• Official Post

I will look for the differences, im still sure about the limitations - i talk with the team and they will try to find out whats going on ... but feel free to also investigate that as much as possible. Battle Script is about 10.000 lines thats not such easy to find the thing what is going wrong here.