• Would it be possible to create a ship that will detect when you've been scanned?
    My idea is converting a small fighter into a scan detector ship.
    1. Using the same requirements as the Small Fighter (or even the Phoenix) but Spy Tech level must be at 10 or higher.
    2. Detector will not work unless sent out with other ships. (recycle, attack, transport or colony).
    Other details can be worked out by SI Team.

Just an idea.
    Comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

• Can you explain a litle bit more this idae, how do you see it ?

If you choose a ship for something like this i woud recomend something that people did not build almost at all.
    Small fighters are builded form time to time. Warship or Cruiser would be better here anyway ;)

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• Please explain why you would choose a Warship or Cruiser when they are both slower and would slow down the attack.
    Do you like the idea of a Scan Detector?
    I think the use of a slower ship would be a waste of time and resources.

• I do not understand the idea ..
    since one not only scans a single player but the complete system, this is not relevant for the individual.
    what else would it be if you could explicitly scan individual planets what here in contrast to other games is not the case ..
    this would only complicate the game for me ..
    especially in areas with many astros, you would then have a hundred or more scans a day ..
    At the end this goes back to the performance of the computer and game server.

Vor Inbetriebnahme des Mundwerks, Gehirn einschalten !
    Hat so manchen schon vor dummen Antworten bewart !

Sirius: HuiBuh, UserID: 61

• Becouse people build smal fighters from time to time, you are taking one useful ship from them.

Do you like the idea of a Scan Detector?

I dont understand it - first of all. Explain more pls.

• If you scan a solar system, any fleet movement in that system will show on the scan.
    Any player who has a fleet moving in that system and has a detector ship in that fleet would receive a message that they were scanned.
    If you DO NOT have a fleet action at that time in that system, you will NOT receive a message.

If you have 5 fleets moving at that time, you would only need to receive one message.

Does this help you understand?

• Now its more understable :) thx

This will reduce drasticlly interceptions from the asteroid - so NO. I dont like this.

Players should calculate the risk of intercepion when they decide to fly to somebody.
    This would be to simple to cancel an attack after such message.
    We have got Attack Zone s to protected new ones, no need to invent things that would reduce the usege of an astro.

• I see as well .. it would be an unnecessary burden of the entire game ..
    if you were forewarned at every action the other companies could play the same farmerama ..
    this would be too much intervention in the game ..
    just because the whole system is scanned and not the single player, I am against it ..
    take the debris field event .. hundreds of players send their recycler out ..
    the players with asteroids scan the systems to check if there are already recyclers on the way.
    you accidentally sent to every planetary recycler on debris fields ..
    Do you want to have hundreds of messages of this kind just because you want to be forewarned at every wobbler? ..
    not me..
    I refuse it when I get hundreds of alliance news in the game ..
    I do not need an alert system which sends me messages when I am on the way.
    I am against this idea ..
    this is a strategy game and some strategy and tactics should be preserved ..

Vor Inbetriebnahme des Mundwerks, Gehirn einschalten !
    Hat so manchen schon vor dummen Antworten bewart !

Sirius: HuiBuh, UserID: 61

• Official Post

there is one thing to "nerf" the astro / the scanner but i also dont like this idea.

i think it should be more difficult to do a scan action like loading the galaxy scaanner with energy instead of warning someone else.
    So the player has to scan the right system to the right time and dont scan everything and maybe you get a message or not.

• Thank you for your comments. So far only very experienced players have commented. I appreciate those. I would also like to hear from players who have not been playing as long as you have please.

I don't remember where the point changes (AZ) but, maybe limit the use to AZ1 - 12?