• I don't have the statistics about what new players do, but i think there is an high possibility for the new player to not have any social encounter until it is too late (I mean when he decide to leave the game).
    How about giving to the new players the option to join a default alliance (or to begin the game directly in the default alliance)? It would be used like a sort of waiting room, when they can see other players and ask questions, so the bigger players can write the answers when they have the time.
    If this is not possible, I was thinking to make one for myself, one that promotes damoria inside and outside the game, and take care of the first steps of the new players.
    So give me a sincere opinion about this idea, if it would be practical, what would be the requirements to make such project, etc. Thank you.

This is my alliance concept:
    Welcome to Damoria Project (WDP)
    Welcome to Damoria Project (WDP) wants to be the first social contact to the new players, which often continue their journey lonely and unaware of the world that surround them (before they abandon all their castles and quit the game completely).
    Imagine WDP like a sort of big waiting room, that give the new players the immediate possibility to:
    - Communicate with other players.
    - Understand the basics of the game.
    - Make allies.
    - Decide the most suitable alliance.
    And much more (I hope!).
    Rules of the alliance:
    - Be respectful, be friendly.
    - Do not attack other players. This is not a war alliance first. This is a transitional alliance, it is neutral, it hosts players that in the future will be in the other alliances. If you want to attack other players, it means that you are ready to play the game on your own or with war alliances.
    - You cannot enter if you are attacked by someone.
    - In case someone attacks you, the whole alliance is called to do the best to defend the player and respond in the proper manner.

Any suggestion?

Edited once, last by -Nero- ().

• I think is a good idea. Good in many ways:
    (if that alliance is mandatory - the new player starts inside that alliance.)
    - Integration of legit new players;
    - Screening for potential new multiaccounts... -

(© 2012 - Once upon a time...)

W1 - 124
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• You are right, ideally the community alone could start this.
    I have proposed this idea to be officially implemented by the administration in order to secure the continuity and the efficiency of the project, because I thought that the administration was interested to have an official program to keep the newcoming players and to offer them knowledge and a general social platform in game (unfortunately the chat is not used), of course with the help of experienced players devoted to the cause. I imagined it like a collaboration beetween experienced players and admin, but like I said, ideally this can be done by the community, even if I think that this is an objective too much general to be in the interest of the single alliances, which have their academy for those who are admitted in it; thanks for the attention.

• Hello Nero,

there have always been "Wings/academy" in recent years. These have established the various alliance itself and established an experienced leader.

I see no reason for us to act here.

Greeting Toadie