• I am continuing to get this when I attempt to log into any of the uni's I play. I know that a turn over is happening and I hope that I should be encountering this because of it.

Every blue moon one of the uni's will go through and I'll have the main screen up to play, but as soon as I click on something I get redirected back to 404 Not Found.

I am writing in hopes to get clarification that what I am getting, the 404, is normal for right now and should clear up soon.

Oh please oh please tell me that this is normal...for just right now.

• Official Post

This 404 error means that there is "no page" for this url you are redirect to.
    Could you send me the URL (address) of one of these 404 pages? (you also can send me this in a conversation here on the forum)

i have some cases where a restart of the router / internet connection is fixing this.
    Players with this error has a problem with the DNS cache (domain name service), this means that your internet provider (or your router) dont know what "spaceinvasion.bitmeup.com" means or pointed.
    We update this domain namens last week. in normal cases it takes 2 days to update worldwide.
    But it seems that some internet providers are busy to handle this :( or some caches dont like us

regards
    Dschibait

• my internet is tethered through my mobile.
    i just tried a browser i've never used so there would be no cache issues or the like, and still get the 404 when i click the play button on the bitemeup page.

it worked from home this morning but isn't at work, which is where i tether.
    i also get the same issue if i try using my mobiles browser. everything else works, i can log in to the sever but when i press play i get 404.
    i cant even see any other way to get into the game via another link or anything.

i'll see if it works when i get back home but from what i see here i cant figure what the issue would be if it was my end. getting a 404 shouldnt be a result of anything on my phone.

• Official Post

the browser cache is not the DNS cache (some browser caches DNS stuff, but basicly this is a router or provider task)

if you open
    https://spaceinvasion.bitmeup.com

you should see the new startpage of spaceinvasion (this blue one with the animated background)
    it sounds like you see the bitmeup portal?
    If you see the bitmeup portal, this would mean that your provider dont "know" that the spaceinvasion.bitmeup.com domain points to spaceinvasion.

regards
    Dschibait

ps:
    i know this technical stuff is pretty confusing. But as a publisher of a webseite i cant handle your providers stuff.
    We checked many times that all is rightly configured... most players have no problems, so i think that the basic configuration works.

• I did have the same issue but it seems to be working now, the first time i tried this afternoon it took me through the bitmeup portal, but the second time it took me properly through to the correct log in page.

Was a little odd but it just means i won't be relying on using my phone for the time being!

• One player with who im trying to help, has the same problem.
    The game link sends him to bitme up portal, and it not possible to enter the game througt it. Over and over to top of the page.

When i sended him the link to what is after pressing former "big point player?" he sees the old starting page (not the new animated one) and has a sign error after attempt of login.

Any solution ?

We tried on chome, opera, cookies cleered.

regards

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• so far my home connection works fine, just couldn't get into the game while at work using the exact same link.
    i'll figure it out somehow.

if its dns cache then i'm not sure how to do it on my phone if it doesnt work on a reboot.

• @Mariusz025
    That sound like there are 2 caches active. First you need to get rid of the old start page which is clear browser cache & cookies. After that there needs to be a reset of the DNS stuff, which would be restart router (if any) and possibly clear the cache on the device (e.g. turning it off/on - on windows you might use "ipconfig /flushdns" in an administrative command line).

@Killer-Klown
    A reboot should be fine, but if it does not work it might work with setting a dedicated DNS server(e.g. trying the popular 8.8.8.8 or alternatives like opendns[google it..]) . You said you use the mobile as tethered network, so you might have to reset your PC/machine you use there as well. Just "clean" all affected devices once before trying to connect to SI.

• We tried before router restart but it did not worked at all. Hi made a router from his smartfone and managed to enter the game throught a lapton on a smartfone router network connection and set v-mode. We will try some more when it will possible.

Unfortelly there are some problems with registering on BitMeUp site with e-mail, the portal does not sees existing emails.
    Yesterday somebody else, writted to me that he cant login with his emal that he uses (op.pl or onet.pl), like it would not exist.
    I don't asked (yet) how he made it succesful registation.
    The same sollution ?

• Ook, so a tethered connection(via smartphone) does work for him. Probably because it was not spoiled already with wrong DNS /cache.

A "solution" i heard shortly of is using a "www" before the spaceinvasion.bitmeup.com address. Basically you will get a certificate error but he will try to newly resolve that address and therefore should get the real one.

Email problem:
    i can not completely follow your writing but it looks to me as he already registered (e.g. a board account) with it. He may use that account to manage his SI accounts as well. As there is the email address as login we can not allow multiple registrations on it.

If he however did not receive the confirmation/registration email that may be another problem.

• Got the answer now. Can write more about this.

The player what i writted in the firts post's who entered the SI from a smartfone router turned the v-mode, hi did it becouse his e-mail was not accepted in BitMeUp portal registration site, he will try it later for sure. (If he will have any problems i will write you about this email and you will see it Dschi, thank you)

The second player what asked me for help yesterday - was only not able to registed on BitMeUp portal with his e-mail in the morning. The sign said: This is not a vallid email adres. (I have a screenshot) He tried several other e-mail's and always red background with the same sign.
    The same for password line. Not accepted.

It has nothing to do with the confirmation Sarkasmus.

In the evening when he came up from work - his not working email that he tried in the morning was accepted. And he is now succesfully registered and playing SI.

Sounds a bit not logical... i know.

• I am going round and round again.

I have tried to get into the game via 3 different links.

The old link, the link attached to this board and the new link provided above.

I get the BitMe screen with all my active uni's listed and the word 'play' right next to them, but when I click 'play' all I get is 404!!!!

I am rarely getting the new pretty blue animated log in screen......

I was in and for hours, but I had to clear my cache and now I can't get back in!!!!

Why does this have to be so complicated?????? :(