• the War Hill
    time left: 00:30:11
    Patrol to the War Hill on the front line to the Dark Lord.
    Thaler 171
    Exp 14
    Discover +0.27%
    find chance (random): 47% item quality: +28% Chances of success: 100%

Duration:
    00:16:23

Here you see a typical War Hill mission. Note that the chance of success is 100% so it cannot fail.
    Also note the chance of finding an item is supposedly 47%

The issue: I today got a variation of this with the duration under 5 minutes, and the time left was about 50 minutes, meaning if I sat in front of the computer and started a new mission every 5 minutes, I could get in 10 missions.

Needless to say, I rejoiced at the opportunity to score big on items. Theoretically I should have found an item about half the missions.
    Actual result: after about 10 missions, nothing. Never found an item.

Statistically, this seems improbable. So either there is a bug where the find chance of 47% is not being applied, or else there is a bug in displaying the find chance. Either way, this makes trying to apply any strategy in picking missions based on % chance of finding an item problematic.

Note: it looks to me like "the War Hill" always shows 47% find chance, regardless of the duration or success chance, which both vary. So the bug is probably in the display of the find chance.

UPDATE: I found a War Hill with 27%, so the above is incorrect. Still, I get a lot of them with 47% find chance, and my subjective feeling is that too many of those end without finding anything.

• Agree, but on my end I get various find percentage chance % for war hill missions...

My language settings is german.

Maybe next time you could try to search for a similar war hill situation and then switch between english and german if you see any % diff in display? I agree there should not be always 47 % if thats real.

The chance of not finding an item in a 10 times row is 0,53 ^ 10 = 0,17 % ( could be possible, but would be very bad luck).

Regards
    Phil

ID 255 in World 1 Damoria
    ID 171 in World 2 Damoria

Ein Bier ist kein Bier.
    Wer zwei trinkt, kann auch drei trinken.
    Nach drei Bier, hol ich mir doch noch ein Viertes.
    Ach komm, was ist schon ein Sixpack.
    Hmm der leere Kasten ist mein Kopfkissen.
    Heute kauf ich mir eine Brauerei.

• What happens to you (us) - always the same % - is due to different times.
    The time available to start the mission VS the time it takes the mission to complete.
    A mission takes 4 minutes and is active for 40 minutes. You can launch 10 missions (in the optimal limit) always with the same %.
    In a next mission of the same type the %% will be different.
    Your good luck or bad luck is another matter.

Addition:
    I just saw your battles (Garbageman)... your mouse must smoke!!! Fast, furious and immensely hot...
    As for perseverance and focus, you have all my consideration (and that of mouse sellers certainly); as for luck... I don't think you can complain too much even if you have to spend a lot of time changing mouses several times a day... :P
    Congratulations and keep up the good work. :)

(© 2012 - Once upon a time...)

W1 - 124
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Edited once, last by Nordium: I saw, I saw and I did not want to believe ().