• I have a request that seems easy, but might be difficult, but it has a strong impact on how “user friendly” the game is.

The times that I rely on to run all the parts of the game are frustrating. Some of them are shown in my local time zone (I do not live in Europe), and others are shown in European time. Even worse is during (European) daylight savings. I live on a tropical island that has no daylight savings at all. During European daylight savings, all the times that are usually fine (according to my time zone) are suddenly wrong by one hour until daylight savings stops. ?( ?( ?(

Here is a breakdown of the times I see now:

• In browser clock – my time zone
    • Multi production countdown – European time
    • Santa robot countdown – my time zone
    • Gift collection history summary (in the Santa robot interface) – European time
    • Vacation mode countdown – my time zone
    • User messages/Flight return/spying/recycling/battles etc. – my time zone (but not during daylight savings!) :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    • Player registered time for a universe – European time
    • Assistant expiry time in the shop – European time
    • Space Invasion News/Login Logs – European time
    • Specialization countdown for how long to be out of VM – European time
    • Interdimensional Transmitter activation history – European time

I am fairly used to things, and even during daylight savings, I get used to mentally changing the message times by an hour, but still – I would REALLY prefer to have everything displayed according to the time zone that the settings lets me choose. If things have to be shown in CET, why do we have an option to choose our time zone in the settings? Especially that it then results in a mixture of different time zones being displayed.

Is this a huge problem to change? Or can this be adjusted easily? I’m not sure if it is a situation that because most players are European, then very few people have the same frustrations that I have. Am I the only one that suffers like this? ;( ;( ;(

EDIT:

As a small note, the Battle Report Hall of Fame shows battles according to players' local times.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

Edited 2 times, last by Fodsey ().

• Official Post

Hi,

as a developer "we" also dont like daylight saving crapp.. Hopefully the EU will remove them to the next year - but yes, right now you have to switch "up" and "down" when you are not going for daylight saving time at all.

Most of the logs (logs for gifts, idt, logins, messages etc etc) are all in our server times; thats not soo cool but helps for solving tickets / issues or (for not admin stuff) help when you plan strategies with people from other time zones.
    but yes, there are some positions (like multi production) where you need a countdown and "your" timezone, not the servers one.

its a bit difficult to "flat" say that, this is ok or this not - i think that it depends on game play and friends in game; when playing in different timezones a fixed timezone (here our servers timezone) is really helpful.

regards
    Dschibait

• Most of the logs (logs for gifts, idt, logins, messages etc etc) are all in our server times; thats not soo cool but helps for solving tickets / issues or (for not admin stuff) help when you plan strategies with people from other time zones.

I presumed that some things were based on your servers for administrative reasons, but those times are also critical for game play and strategy. It results in non-European players being disadvantaged by things that are out of their control. I know that there might be reasons that this cannot be changed, but I was hoping that there might be a solution for this, especially considering battle reports and other flight messages are also critical for solving tickets, and those are based on the player's time zone, so is this not possible for all the critical times?

i think that it depends on game play and friends in game; when playing in different timezones a fixed timezone (here our servers timezone) is really helpful.

I understand, but again that is presuming your friends are all in the same time zone, or are all European. I happen to be playing one server with Polish friends, another with Spanish friends, and now there is an alliance of Malaysians in Genesis3 - they must be really frustrated!!

But even in the alliance of Malaysians, they have some members that are European...

Basically, I think this idea of convenience should be left up to the players, rather than be something that is pushed onto them by a system.

Again, I'm not sure what is possible or not, but the impact on the players that are not European is significant. Even if we are in the minority, I still hope there can be a solution. :)

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• @Fodsey
    you are right, it is not comfortable. But it is possible to live with that... I have this "problem" since 3 years after emigrating from Germany

Universe Retro - UserID 2006 * Sirius - UserID 51 *Genesis 5 - UserID 47