• Official Post

Hello Spacepilot!

this is the discussion thread about the new introduced feature "enabling/disabling Galaxyscanners".

We look forward to your ideas, suggestions and opinions!

regards
    Your SpaceInvasion Team

• Before this even begins, I wonder if the scanner will be easy to test - simply because of the speed.

So if the entire test universe is only 200 galaxies, the furthest flight will be 100 systems away. At 300x speed, and with the minimum set to 60 seconds, I don't think any attacks will be longer than 1 minute. Even an ISB attack over 100 systems at warp tech 15 (easy level to get to) will only take about 3.5 minutes. A player wouldn't even need teleporters to still be able to attack anywhere in the universe in 1 minute. I am of course presuming that 200 systems still has the wrap around, so system 1 is "next to" system 200.

I think it will be difficult to test scanner usage if nobody can see anything moving because all flights are finished so fast. The test uni result might be more a case of what a universe is like with no scanners because of speed, not because of scanner limitations....

To clarify, I like the idea of limited scanner usage - especially it's final application in places like Retro and Nexus. But it might be worth slowing the fleet movement speed in the test uni while keeping the overall universe speed high. Ideally the test uni should have quite a few interception situations in order to test out the fleet compensation system as well. If the flight speed stays at 300, the only fleet losses will be due to attacks on fleet sitting on planets, not due to interceptions.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• The scanner limitation was difficult to test with the speed. I literally saw 2 or 3 fleet movements. A slower speed would make this interesting. I think it is possible to apply this idea to the Retro/Nexus uni for a few weeks with some event as a test. This idea won't destroy the endless universes while being tested.

Definitely a good idea, we just haven't really tested it fully yet.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• A question about the activation and deactivating Galaxy Scanner's. I wasn't able to test it was activation have set time till it came online or was it just a simple click to transfer activation between Galaxy Scanner's. As may be you could look at implementing a industry section for Galaxy scanner activation which would use a particle setup to charge up and charge down. As a way of activation and deactivation. Which would mean a Galaxy Scanner would actually have to be charged up to 100% before it come's online and it must discharge completely to zero particle's before it would be allowed to be charged up again. But keep to the amount of active Galaxy scanners that can be actively being used. You could have the Energy Tech levels change the particle charge and discharge rate's to the particle building's. Yes I have been talking about a lot of change's but without change certain thing's become stagnant. And no body like to drink stagnant water. This goes the same to the games within the gaming community. Game's that don't change find it hard to attract new player's especially younger player's.