• This would be a NPC resource trading outpost where you could possibly have one in every 50 solar systems.
    You would also possibly have to think about adding another resource to the game. Like a game dollar $ for the buying and selling of resource's through the trading outpost.Plus the price of buying and selling the resource's would go up and down depending on shortage or surplus of a particular resource.

Buying the resource from the outpost the player would have to send transports to pickup the resource's bought.

Selling the resource's the player would have to transport the sold resource's to the outpost.

To making the $ a valuable resource in the game and to involve all players to the trading of resource's. Is to add a $ cost to build ship's. This would mean at the start of playing a server you would get a initial amount of $ resource to start with.After that you would need to start to trading resource's with your closest NPC trading outpost to obtain $ resource.

• I think that's not such a good idea. In case of such a trade post in every 50 solar system would be, what reason can be to pay for the merchant and getting the same trade rates? Means that would create a minus for the operator.

Universe Retro - UserID 2006 * Sirius - UserID 51 *Genesis 5 - UserID 47

• Well you thought of taking away from the Merchant isn't 100% correct. As the trades with the trade outpost you get the new $ dollar not other resource's. It's not trade in resource's like what the Merchant does. And to purchase resource's from the trade outpost have to use the $ Dollar. So the trading amount goes up and down by the $ price. And that $ would be needed in the building of ship's. So I still see the need for the Merchant as say the price of a resource at the outpost is too expensive or cheap at the trade outpost and you have the Merchant you can try to monopolies on the the price's in the trade outpost. When you look at what I have just said there is still an advantage to purchase the Merchant in actual fact you would find that the Merchant is of more importance to have as you can play the Market of the Trade Outpost to your advantage.

And the $ wouldn't be able to be obtain through attacking a player. Only the Normal resource's would be obtained through attack's on hostile's planets.

• With the merchants I see no use to a trade outpost, maybe a outpost for urplazma collection that sounds good as all other resources are gained via players active or inactive, but to be honest if they did add say a outpost then the game becomes like the acclaimed O-Game and in my eyes spaceinvasion is the best space strategy game on the planet :D

The only issues with spaceinvasion is that their have been so many changes already.
    But still a good idea mate but not sure you should be able to claim anything other then urplazma as we can only gain it via research or spending money sadly.

• What the responses are forgetting that the new $ Dollar amount would be added to the cost of building ship's. So you would have to be actively involved with trading with the Outpost because you wouldn't be able to trade $ Dollar between player's. As for O-Game I have seen what they have done and as for their concept you need game currency to trade in their market. No where is there in my concept the talk of using game currency to get the resource's from the outpost. All trading of the outpost is resource's but they are bought and sold to the outpost with the new $ Dollar. Which I have said can only be obtain through trading with the outpost.