• i've tried everything this morning and nothing gets me passed the 404 error while tethered to my phone.
    i've cleared all dns, rebooted everything, nothing makes any difference.

attempted to log in via my phone only as soon as i touch the login box my keyboard comes up then immediately vanishes. i have tried this in chrome mobile and also my samsungs stock browser with the same results.

i would say this seems to be completely unplayable from a mobile or tethered to, or at least it is for me.

is there no other link to get into the game?
    its the bitmeup portal thats giving me all the problems, everything else is fine, including the ability to come onto this forum.

• Official Post

If you are logged into our board you are also logged in on spaceinvasion .

you can open https://spaceinvasion.bitmeup.com or https://bitmeup.com and you should be logged in your bitmeup account.
    There you can enter the spaceinvasion universes.

i dont have any problems to come online with my phone... Which version of chrome mobile do you use? You logged in on our bitmeup portal or on the spaceinvasion start page?

@-Duet-

for firefox its seems also pretty easy to clear your dns cache:

• type about:config in Firefox’s address bar
    • acknowledge the warning that appears next
    • find an entry called network.dnsCacheExpiration and set it’s value to 0
    • if there’s no such entry, create a new integer item with the name above and a value of 0
    • now go back and change the value to 3600
    • Official Post

ok this isnt the problem if its on 60.

you could try the following (but this is a bit technical greedy ... if you worry about this, you should not try it)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this video explains how you switch your DNS settings to use standards from google...
    (maybe you need to restart your computer after setup this)

regards
    Dschibait

• I think I'm totally screwed.

I'm going to pop my active uni into VM and just keep logging in over the next few days and hope the problem clears it's self up.

This so sucks.

I have a friend who's into comps as much as you guys, if he drops by I'll see if he can have a look, and maybe even try the google DNS thing if my log in problems haven't cleared up by then.

Out of curiosity those few of us who are still encountering log in problems are we all in North America or scattered around the globe.

And just so that I'm clear, when using the spaceinvasion bitmeup link provided on page 1 of this thread should I be getting the new blue log in page or the brownish bitme page covered in the 1's and 0's?

• I just tried all three links...and the first two listed got me the purple page and the last got me the new blue log in....

With the purple page it's still hit and miss with the 404. I get in to one but not the other then ...

Sigh.

I'm in VM, better safe than sorry......

So I just closed my browser and cleaned the cache via CC cleaner and logged into the w1 link, I bookmarked just before closing my browser, and I have gotten ...again :( .... the purple startup page...

and....

404 not found.

Grrrrr... grumble.... grrrr.......

I just right clicked 'Open new Tab' on all three links above and got the purple page for each of them. I did get the blue page for the last one minutes before...

From that purple page getting into my chosen uni is hit and miss. I get far more 404's than in though.
    I have 5 active uni's (2 now in VM), and I've never encountered a problem opening *all* of them up at one time before, let alone just 1. And right now I am just trying to get 1 to open up on command. But there seems to be no stability, it's totally hit and miss. I get in, I don't, I get in, I don't... Round and round the 404 I go....

And getting that new blue page is even rarer than just getting into one uni!

Edited 2 times, last by ~Duet~ ().

• i'm logged in through the bitmeup portal, it shows me the uni i am in, my points etc, and has a javascript button to play, thats whats giving me the 404 anytime i click on it.

i can log in just fine at home however it kind of ruins the game a bit as i usually play more away from home but that option is now unavailable.

its Chrome 56.0.2924.87 on Android 7.0, i've never experienced this problem previous to the bitmeup portal being the only way into the game.

• Anyone has set host entries for DNS resolution (e.g. windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts)? Just asking... getting out of ideas. When you don't know what these things are then i would guess "probably not".

Plugin stuff and addons were all off on the browser/s? Internet security (av scanner, firewall etc) also possible shut down for testing?

• Ok so ..update....

A little better, but still....

GRRRRRR ARGH!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR.........

And then along came right now....

See I was building something and there was like 2 minutes left on the clock.

So leaving the screen open I wandered off to the kitchen put on a cup of coffee, wandered back to build something new...

But!

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am NOT getting the blue page or back in!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ANNOYING!!!!!!!

I have now decided that I HATE the purple page.

• ARGH!.

I am clicking and clicking and clicking and trying every link I can find...

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404

I have no idea what a TOR browser is.....

Why am I now getting a half and half?

One half of the menu in 404 and the other the game?????

Well I keep getting half and half but at least I'm in... for now.

But the pictures are screwed up and if I click on anything one half of my screen goes 404. Either the main flight page section or the menu at the side.....

If it's the flights I have a hope in hell of getting the flights back, but if it's the menu that goes belly up I am logged back out and stuck playing 404 bloody 404. AGAIN!

• I'll be honest when i go to spaceinvasion.info and it redirects me, it still sends me to the bitmeup log in page and then 404 etc, but meh, just won't play on my phone very often :D

• TOR is a browser, it is used for keeping your connection hidden but i found it does work for the game, its not ideal but just search for TOR and use it if it helps you.
    as i said, it works for me if i'm using my mobile or tethering to it. its slow and in my opinion, not really ideal but it will work.

dont know if i'm allowed to link it but here it is anyway: https://www.torproject.org/

• Official Post

we allow that for this cases, only for this time...
    but please have our terms and conditions in mind!
    (you accept this by registering on bitmeup.com)

https://bitmeup.com/bitmeup/tos_en.html

1.2.10 The use of the Games and Services using anonymiser services (e.g. proxies) or other processes that conceal the location of the residence or the usual place of residence of the User is prohibited.

• Ok, so I called my provider...

And he helped me get the google DNS.

So far so good.

After 20-3- minutes of being completely locked out, I at least got back in.

Now try try the transmitter.

God I so hope I don't get booted again. The mitter is a bad bad bad bad spot.

One click and your out.

As much as I really like the x5 clicks you've given us... dear lord.

When trying to log in just once is bad...oh hell.."dear lord" becomes an understatement.

Woot, so far so good... but

408 colony ships...? At this point in time in Gen....WTF?

Now to try opening up multiple unis at the same time...

wish me luck......

YES!

so far so good.

Not only have I gotten the blue page 3x's in a row, but all three tabs9uni's) are open and and 10 more clicks of the mitter didn't boot me!

WOOT!

Oh boy I hope this google thingy dns holds.

Edited 3 times, last by ~Duet~ ().