• A sample calculation for normal-speed Unviersen according to our ideas:
    You have 12 planets with research laboratories at level 20 and a super computer level 5. Your total computing power is 12 * 5, so 60 units.
    On the research page you can now activate up to 60 * 15 = 900min (15 hours) of research time reduction for a spice amount of 6 million spice.

Can this be clarified? Does this mean that in the future, the Sirius-type "Research Network" will become standard - even in Nexus and Retro? It seems to indicate here that multiple research labs on many planets will count toward the "units" used for the super computer speed up.

Another 2 clarifications (I am not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I don't want to open a new thread just for this):

All assistants are available.

Does "available" mean free as well? Or do they need to be purchased?

The new AZ system will be available.

Is this the same AZ system as in Sirius?

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

Edited once, last by Fodsey ().

• Official Post

Hi,

yes, all assistants will be free for this unvierse.
    and yes, the new AZ System (az ranges) from Sirius.

To Super Computers:
    The function from sirius is a bit special. So you only need these labs to reduce the maximum research time for all of your researches.
    This feature (super computer) isn't for sirius players, its for a long time running endless universe like RETRO and Nexus. So you can set up your super computers on your planets (only labs need planet fields, super computers self don't need planet fields) - every unit of super computer can reduct a running research. The research time you need dosn't change, you can reduct them for each unit by 15mins while they is running. So in a normal universe its planned that you can do that 2 times a day.
    So if you have these 60 super computer units (from this example) you cuold reduct your running research in Nexus / RETRO for 15hours 2times a day. Each of these reduction costs you 6million spice.

maybe a screenshot helps to understand this :)
    (this is the configuration for the test unvierse - so the computing time only is 1min ^^)

• Humm it´s a good idea but too expensive If you want to put a decent computer network you need at less laboratory at level 20. It cost 838.860.000 spice, If you want 6 the sum is 5.033.160.000. Not for all for all budgets

• Before dis crediting the idea maybe the next two weeks we'll be able to see how this function works.Maybe it might need to be slightly altered but the function looks to being a good method in dealing with the long running Nexus and Retro where players are waiting long periods to complete researches. Yes it might be expensive to setup but once setup it could become beneficial to a player with long research time's.

• I'm not ready to give too much useful feedback on the supercomputer yet, my account still hasn't grown far enough to really need a supercomputer, but I wonder if there are maybe one or two other ideas that can be considered.

If this has been brought up before and a problem with it has been shown, please let me know.

Would it not be easier to just allow multiple researches to happen at the same time? So once you are researching something at a very high level (let's just randomly say level 20), you are allowed to research something else on another planet (also only if that second tech is also level 20 or higher). Then a second base research lab can start to work on that other thing.

Possibly even a third simultaneous research can be done once the player has multiple techs that he is researching above level 24, etc. It ends up being a kind of shortening of time, but it is through multiple targets can be worked on at the same time, and can only happen above certain levels.

Possibly this can be adapted in some way to work alongside the supercomputer idea.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Official Post

sure is something like this also possible. But the team (and me) wants to have an solution where you have to be active .. with this solution you have to come up to 2 times online and start your stuff. If you are not active you don't will get anything. When starting a 2nd research its just again "waiting" and boring...

And this is just the problem here - you have nothing to do thats why researches are boring :P

• Well I don't only research I am basically using it because of the res protection more so then anything else as it was the res protection that attracted me to take up those tiers to build a fleet as well as establish an infrastructure for quick recovery if you lose your fleet.

• Ok, after growing the account a bit more, the supercomputer is now useful. I like it. I can also see the activity aspect of it. I think it is a good idea.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make some suggestions for the wording of the description of the supercomputer in order to make it more easily understood for English speakers. It isn't that the English is not correct, but I only realized what the announcement meant after playing around with trial and error. I am concerned that people are not actually testing the function because it seems too complicated.

I will just copy and paste the announcement and add one or two things. I don't think any of my changes are really critical, but they might help with clarity. The red parts are suggested additions, the green parts are requests for clarity. Hopefully this doesn't confuse anything!

Original post by NoDelay:
    Test the new “Super Computer” feature in this universe. This new upgrade is an extension of the research laboratory. You can upgrade your research lab with a super computer that will help you do research faster!

Starting at research laboratory level 15 you can build the first super computer on the planet that has a level 15 or higher research lab. Further levels are only possible if you continue to expand the research lab. For example, you can build a level 6 super computer at a level 20 research laboratory. Each extra level of supercomputer still costs the same amount of resources to build as the previous levels, the costs of building do not increase (operating costs do increase - see below). If the research laboratory is demolished, the super computer will become useless.

• Will the supercomputer still be there if the research lab is rebuilt again after demolishing?
    • Does the supercomputer "build" cost contribute to player "building" points?
    • Can the supercomputers be activated from any planet with a research lab?
    • Is a supercomputer needed on the planet in order to activate the computer network?

But what can these super computers do?
    This is a huge network of computing capacity for your research laboratories. That sounds great, but this technology wants to be operated first.

Each of these computers needs 100,000 Spice to reduce your active research by 15 minutes per supercomputer. In the test speed universe, the calculations always takes 1 hour (we had thought of normal speed at 12 hours, i.e. 2 times a day). So you can come back to speed up your research every hour (this will be every 12 hours for a normal speed uni). Since they are on a network, more super computers can help you save more time. The operating costs will of course also increase with every level of supercomputer!

To be clear, the network talked about refers only to the supercomputers, it does not refer to extra research labs on other planets. The only value of building research labs on multiple planets is to get them up to level 15 or higher so that you can build more supercomputers. All the supercomputers from all planets are linked into the network.

A sample calculation for normal-speed Unviersen according to our ideas:
    You have 12 planets with research laboratories at level 20 on each planet and a super computer level 5 on each planet. Your total computing power is 12 * 5, so 60 units. Each supercomputer is counted as a single "unit". On the research page you can now activate up to 60 * 15 = 900min (15 hours) of research time reduction for a spice amount of 6 million spice (60 units * 100,000 spice each).

The player can choose how many units (supercomputers) to activate. If you have 60 supercomputers, but you only want to accelerate a small amount of remaining research time (or because you only have a small amount of spice available), you can choose how many units you activate from a drop down box. The corresponding amount of research time reduction will be shown for the amount of units you choose.

Remember, this research time reduction only gets applied to your active research after one hour of calculations. This hour is shown with a count down graphic on the research page too.

• Is it possible/necessary to see whether someone else has build a supercomputer on their planet in a spy report?
    • What happens if a player cancels the research after they have reduced time with supercomputers? I presume it is just lost and they have wasted spice/time.
    • If a player activates many units of supercomputer when there is only a short time of research left, will the supercomputer reduce the next research in the queue as well as the active research? (there is only a queued option if the player has the engineer assistant)

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Some further observations/clarifications:

Can the supercomputers be activated from any planet with a research lab?

Yes.

Is a supercomputer needed on the planet in order to activate the computer network?

No. As long as a research lab is present (and you have enough spice), it seems possible to activate the network.

If a player activates many units of supercomputer when there is only a short time of research left, will the supercomputer reduce the next research in the queue as well as the active research? (there is only a queued option if the player has the engineer assistant)

No. The extra time benefit is lost (this seems to be logical and is not a problem).

Now an observation that might be a bug, or it might be deliberate to promote activity. Once the supercomputer network has completed the 1 hour calculation, the research time does not automatically drop by the amount of time that it should. Clicking on different planets, doing fleet movements, building buildings etc, none of these things "update" the research time. But as soon as you click on your research lab - the time left updates and you can activate the next network calculation.

Is this deliberate?

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• I think this supercomputer is too expensive and it will have to be activated every time and therefore spend the spice ....
    i think my idea was much better
    and there it would only be in research that it would be
    level 25 decreases by 50% all searches and if we go up to level 30 it would put all searches at 11 months
    because at the moment we are 2 years and older on certain technology

here is the link where I put it I think it should be improved but there that would benefit everyone

== > https://board.bitmeup.com/inde…d/4429-new-build-for-G-O/

AFO

• Official Post

We already discussed also about a maximum research time - this in combinition with that super computer will achieve the goal. I don't know whats "my idea is much better" means, can you link to your idea?
    Basicly, we want to have players online and active in the game. A MSA dosn't achieve this, its just "i build it up and have nothing else to do" ... so please dont compare these 2 ideas!

Will the supercomputer still be there if the research lab is rebuilt again after demolishing?

yes, it counts only in possible activations with the maximum research level you had on your planet. So if you have a super computer buildet up to 10 and demolish your lab to 15 only 1 unit will go into the activation szenario.

Does the supercomputer "build" cost contribute to player "building" points?

Yes

Is it possible/necessary to see whether someone else has build a supercomputer on their planet in a spy report?

we don't think so - but maybe someone has a szenario for that?

If a player activates many units of supercomputer when there is only a short time of research left, will the supercomputer reduce the next research in the queue as well as the active research? (there is only a queued option if the player has the engineer assistant)

not yet - it will only reduct the research which is active - no following ones.

regards
    Dschibait

• .. so please dont compare these 2 ideas!

yes I compare because
    what you offer and what I offer is not the same thing and it would be 10 times better for ALL PLAYERS, I mean ALL PLAYERS
    since the technologies, once built, remain
    and there you, offer you something that must be "activated" "every time so we will eat a spice max!

yes I compare because
    what you offer and what I offer is not the same thing and it would be 10 times better for ALL PLAYERS, I mean ALL PLAYERS
    since the technologies, once built, remain
    and there you, offer you something that must be "activated" "every time so we will eat a spice max!

look at my post and compare it with your supercomputer tech and you will see the difference

I said the A? F? O it takes
    lab 20
    then do level 25 on the AFO which will be unlocked to have the 50% time reduction on all technology
    and to have the 11 month it will be necessary to do until level 30 knowing that the level 26 to 30, will cost you the same thing
    is

niv iron metal Krypto spice
    25 2 327 838 720 567 296 000 1 825 177 600 245 760 000 50%

and the lvl 26 to 30

26 to 30 4 655 677 440 1 134 592 000 3 650 355 200 491 520 000 = 100% so 11 month

his is what i said on my post and i think that all the BIG PLAYERS will agree with that you will tell me and the little ones ... ok well the little ones must go through or the big ones have passed so there they need lab level 20

and if you the G O look at you well there is still a corsair who agrees with what I said
    that will not give me more, me or other players; more than the game gives today
    I will have to go through the same thing as the big players

and I think the thing that makes big players STOP is a little bit because of that
    take 2 or even 3 years to do a technology this is not normal !!!
    and all the big players like corsair, pitbull, woody or other big players go into a spiral and they don't want to do any more technology or other that's why .. ?????????

the solution is there IT'S 10 TIMES TOO LONG AT TIME
    therefore
    you want to keep your players so make the game attractive again

it's up to you to see gentlemen the G O
    take a survey and see what players will say

• what you offer and what I offer is not the same thing and it would be 10 times better for ALL PLAYERS, I mean ALL PLAYERS

That is not true. Quite a few players disagree with your solution.

In your other thread, people have already pointed out the BIG problem with your idea - after a few months or a year of using the AFO, you are back to the same problem of research taking 3 years, it is just that everyone's tech levels will be a few levels higher, but the same problem will be there of waiting for a new tech for 3 years. You do NOT solve that problem.

IT'S 10 TIMES TOO LONG AT TIME

Yes, everyone agrees. The GO's agree too. It is a problem. Let's find a solution. Many people on your thread agree with the problem, and that a solution must be found. Corsair agrees with the need for change, but I don't see him agreeing with your idea in particular, but rather that he agrees that something must be done to solve this problem. Your idea is not a solution, it is a delay until we are back at the same problem again.

Space, please read Dschibait's post more clearly, in particular this point:

We already discussed also about a maximum research time - this in combinition with that super computer will achieve the goal.

A cap on time makes the AFO pointless, and when the AFO stops helping because we are back at 3 years for one research, then this maximum research time is VERY useful.

So - what is wrong with the supercomputer? Because it asks you to be active in the game every day instead of just farmerama?

Let me quote you:

you want to keep your players so make the game attractive again

Logging in once every week while waiting for the AFO to complete a 3 year research project will NOT attract new players....

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• fodsey
    sorry to contradict you but me what I proposed is permanent
    the problem is that you need lab 20 to have this technology and be forced to do level 25 to have 50% ..... ok it will be long and the problem will be to move only but if we go to the level 30 there all tech will be blocked at 11 months instead of 2-4 - 6 years

and I think that the "big accounts" in building can afford to spend that

level ironmetalKryptoSpice reduction on research
    252.327.838.720567.296.0001.825.177.600245.760.00050%
    26 à 304.655.677.4401.134.592.0003.650.355.200491.520.000 11 month

and it will be permanent no need to update it every 2 days and spend the spice

and 11 months I think it would BE A GOOD compromise compared to 2 - 4 - 5 years of construction on a research
    But for that, you have to deserve it , earn it

Edited once, last by space ().

• Official Post

I don't need to add any other feedback - @Fodsey point out anything.

The importants thing is the fact that you have to be active.
    Maybe, yes, its costs much spice - but this will be for any feature which is implemented afterwards into a endless game.

With that super computer idea you have (theoreticly) no end of building them up.
    We think with these 2 facts, super computer and the research time cap, we have the possibility for a new fraction "researchers" in spaceinvasion - yes this will be most of the time a hybrid section for miners or fleeters and researchers - but its possible and a new aspect of the game.

regards
    Dschibait

• Official Post

fodsey
    sorry to contradict you but me what I proposed is permanent
    the problem is that you need lab 20 to have this technology and be forced to do level 25 to have 50% .....

thats not true - you don't need level 25 to have a double of research time.

From our calculation for endless unvierses; a 12 hour interval for the super computer network means, that you have to reduct 12 hours in 12 hours to get the double research time.

12hours*60 /15 => 48 units

48 Units /15 Planets => 3,375 (round up to 4)

Means you need not on all of your planets a lvl 19 lab to achieve a double research time.