• I think, it was about time to make something like this.
    Fleeters suffer already for a while, having not enough planets to make useful raids,
    while you need a certain amount of fixed planets to build the necessary mines
    in a long run.

To put the tool also into something useful for the remaining community, such as
    the miners, the benefits are well balanced.

so long story short: I like it and put my thumbs up!

Man ist nicht gleich überheblich, bloss weil man weiss, was man kann und was der Andere nicht kann.

...Top-Anwärter für: "bester Nachbar 2020"

• and what would also be good is to put a reduction in technology because it includes all players
    because for minors 500 days for extraction technology = too long
    because for stiffness 630 days for a diffusion engine = too long
    because for researchers all technology IS TOO LONG in TIME !!

AFO

• I find the specialization suggestion a great new dynamic to the game! I do have some suggestions and questions:

Miners:

• I don't particularly see the need to limit the astro scanner for miners.
    • I think the miner should have more boost in production than is now suggested.

Fleeters:

• This looks good - I would choose these points.
    • I think that all other styles have a negative. The fleeter negative should be that if they aren't attacking other fleet, they have no speed boost - so if the target has only resources, solar cells, and defenses on their planet, the fleeter should have no speed boost and a slower attack (this will discourage the pesky raids for overnight res), but if the target has any ships on their planet (even 1 probe), the game presumption can be that the player should be online and active, so then the fleeter speed boosts count.

Researcher:

• This isn't really a playing style... so maybe all three titles should be changed to something that doesn't sound like a playing style.

A question:

• What happens to a fleeter's extra raid colos when they go into VM to restructure their account and shift their points to research or mining?

Extra suggestions: All players (irrespective of style chosen) could have some bonuses activated for short term dependent on being active and taking risks.

• For example, the achievements show certain things (or also in "My Statistics"). So if you can destroy a certain amount of ships in a 24 hour period (not solar cells, and only of an active player, not a yellow - yellows are just ice-cream, there is no risk) then you get some bonuses.
    • If you attack a certain amount of times in 24 hours, you can get some bonuses.
    • If you defend...
    • If you build a certain amount of building points...
    • If you complete a certain amount of research points...
    • If you spy a certain amount...
    • If you recycle a certain amount...

What bonuses? (not all of these will be practical, some might be interesting)

• Well, some of the bonuses already described in the Specialization update.
    • Add the "Inactive Farmer" into the game as a 24 hour bonus (bonus for attacks per day).
    • Add extra boost of rubble creation when making hits (bonus for attacking reds).
    • Add fleet restoration for loss ONLY on intercept (people are scared of scanners - but losing fleet sitting on your planet is just dumb. Being intercepted is harsh because you were flying and playing actively.) I think people need to be more active with their ships - so reward activity with fleet restoration for intercepts (with certain controls, eg once a month, 2 days locked when restoring...or something like this)
    • Extra 2x, 3x, 4x etc boost on next day's Transmitter spins
    • Temporary tech boost for 24 hours (when achieving a certain amount of research)
    • Temporary range boost for scanner
    • Temporary recycler and transmitter capacity boost

I will keep thinking...

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

Edited 2 times, last by Fodsey ().

• I see the option for Miner , Fleeter and researcher
    So where does the Hybrid come into it?

By choosing a mix of points, for example, level 1 fleeter, level 1 miner, and level 1 researcher. Your points are used up, and you have some small bonuses from all types.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• fleeter
    Niveau 1

1 colonie de raid supplémentaire (pas de mines sur cette planète) << == déjà que pour nous nous n'avons que 7 fixes pour 15 planètes et quand nous mettons un vovo c'est que nous ferons 3 raides et si nous sommes en guerre nous faisons comme autant si 1 plus raide, il est inutile

5% de réduction des coûts de carburant << == 5% sur 10 millions d'épices, cela ne fait que 500 000 épices !!!!!

Les vaisseaux et unités de défense coûtent 3% de moins << == ouais ouais peut-être

vos vaisseaux volent 3% plus vite << == ça, ça ne me dérange pas !!!!!

Vole 53% des matières premières au lieu de 50% (si les attaques réussissent) << == c'est inutile puisque nous faisons 3 raidir sur un mec et que nous le piquons déjà 88% et tout comme guerre car c'est ILLIMITÉ raide

AFO

Edited once, last by space ().

• Official Post

1 additional raid colony (no mines on this planet) << == already that for us we have only 7 fixed for 15 planets and when we put a vovo it is that we will make 3 steep and if we are at war we do as much as much so 1 more steep it is useless

I don't understand this. You can make a planet as a fixed planet if you have this raid colony here.
    So you could have 3 more fixed planets with mines on it.

5% reduction in fuel costs << == 5% on 10M of spice it only makes 500,000 spice !!!!!

Yes and 20% is 2.000.000 spice - if you have this for most of your flights - it will be a good reward.
    You can look into your overall statistic - you spent 655M Spice for Fuel costs - did you didn't need these 120M Spice ?

your ships fly 3% faster << == that, I don't mind !!!!!

you see that step 3 brings you 10% ?

Steals 53% of the raw materials instead of 50% (if the attacks succeed) << == it is useless since we make 3 steep on a guy and that we sting him already 88% and everything as war since it's UNLIMITED steep

There are players which didn't attack all 3 attacks on a day to the same target in a minute. You could get more from the daily production with a big wider attack time radius.
    And for that, you could steal 3times 65% insteat of 3time 50% or 1time (like you) 88%

@Fodsey

A question:

• What happens to a fleeter's extra raid colos when they go into VM to restructure their account and shift their points to research or mining?

The goal it that you can select your new points (to change) and only can change it (button will be disabled) until you have the correct amount of "new" colonies active.

So if you go for 1Fleet 2 Mines, you can go to 1 Fleet 2 researchs without any changes.
    But if you want to go from 1 fleet 2 mines to 3 researches you have to delete the raid colony before.

regards
    Dschibait

• Having to delete the raid colony. The only other problem I see with this would be player's forgetting to move their fleets from the raid planet and losing them when raid planet deletes. When doing the coding please put a message :
    Must delete Raid planet. If fleet is not removed it will be deleted.
    So have a couple of buttons here [Delete Raid Planet] [Move Fleet]

Move Fleet button would direct the player to the Raid planets fleet command.
    Delete Raid Planet would direct the player to the planet section of Settings.

The message would pop-up if the player when restructuring ends up going to have to delete the Raid planet.

• TL;DR: If these changes go through, and I do NOT use my specialization points, then I cannot launch attacks. I would like to propose that if I do not use my points, then no one can attack me, either.

I think that the game is slowly dying and it is dying because things take too long. They take to long to build, research, or buy. Plus, once you get to a few hundred thousand points, suddenly everyone with millions of points can start attacking you. This turns off new players due to the unbalanced nature of the game.

I have been playing since 2008. I am not a newbie and I am not an idiot. I know how to play, and I've been in the top 100 before. Once I get to a certain point in the game, it no longer becomes fun for me and I reset and start over. Now, the game is no longer fun even when I start over.

These modifications do not increase my enjoyment of the game and are more likely to cause me to stop playing it entirely. Already, all I do is build a mine, wait for the 5x speed bonus to come in, use the trader to convert everything to/from spice to be able to build the next mine, and start over. I do not build attack fleet. I do not build defense. I do not send spy probes. I do not recycle. If you attack me, you will take my resources. You may even destroy my transmitters. Most of them came from the interdimensional transporter anyway, so it's no big deal; I will rebuild them. I do not research - I only mine Urplasma.

The game is very boring. I like it that way. If I could flip a switch and have permanent attack protection, but also that means that I had no ability to attack, I would do it. I just want to build, launch my save flights, and do it again the next morning.

So I vote no to these changes, because I do not think this is how most people play the game at higher levels - EVERYONE becomes a fleeter if they want to grow because the universe is a fixed economy with limited resources. They get converted to goods (ships, defenses) that can be recycled and services (mines, research) that cannot. You can not trade with someone outside the system so you cannot apply principles of economics to affect the overall economy, thus things stagnate. To truly increase your economic status, you have to steal it from someone else.