• Official Post

Hello Nexus Raiders,

we just released a change that buffed multi-target weapons.

Due to yesterday's bug fix, the damage values of many players have dropped drastically. But since this is a test phase, we decided to fix the bug and see how far you can get with the correct values.

By fixing the bug, another problem appeared in the structure of our battles.

In short, I just want to present the solution now:

An AOE weapon with a lot of targets (1M+) didn't have any real added value so far; on the contrary, it was even worse. Since the opponents could only be a maximum of 1 million, a large part of the endgame weapons were simply not usable. Not every weapon has to be good or perform well, but we didn't like it that much.

Now you can attack multiple times with these AOE weapons. Assuming you have 10 enemy groups with 500,000 units each, each wave of you will now be attacked. Let's further assume that you have a weapon with 12 million targets. So with 100% damage you would hit the first 5M targets. Another attack wave is then launched. Here you attack targets again (the destroyed targets from the first wave are dropped) but only with a 90% damage rate. The 3rd attack wave is then just carried out with 80% damage rate.

We would like to ask you to observe this.

I believe that now AOE weapons serve their rightful purpose.

How is your experience with this type of weapon now?

regards

Dschibait

• Official Post

We changed the behavior again because of problems with the size of our replays.

The targets (in the example above 12m) are now shot directly at the swarm of enemies. It is no longer reduced by swarm size.

That's actually not what I (not the team) wanted, because reducing the swarm of enemies should also result in reducing the power of AOE weapons; for the test phase we want to leave it as it is. We will look for a solution to this in the future.

regards

Dschibait