• Time to see how many players would pay a subscription access cost to a strategic only Server ? 8

1. No (6) 75%
    2. Yes (1) 13%
    3. Undecided (1) 13%

The idea would be to having a server which is aimed to be only pure strategy (No Pay to Win).
    Would have a weekly/Monthly/Yearly access cost to it.

If a player doesn't pay the access their account is locked for 7 days. If they still haven't paid after the 7 days the account goes inactive. Of which the player can still pay for access at this point while the account is still within the Server as an inactive.

The server is all about the strategy of the game therefore (No Events, and No paid features , only the access cost to be able to play within the server). Just pure strategy playing. You would see the resurgence of resource trading between players in such a server.

Specialization can be added as it is a strategic part to the game. Nothing should be added if it isn't a strategic involvement in the game.

• Official Post

Hi,

i saw many of threads like that with that idea.

But i think that this isn't an option - i think that there will be playing only a hand ful of players. And they will stop paying when there are no opponents / other players for trading etc etc.

i don't want to close that thread here; maybe there are so many players who write "i wanna have that", that we will go for it - but i think this will not happend.

In general - spaceinvasion wasn't build up to get a monthly subscription system - i think other games like WoW have a much more detailed target - free 2 play and options (you called it pay to win - i think this isn't the case for spaceinvasion, but ok) to buy something to get progress is the browsergames deal since 10 years.

regards
    Dschibait

• Ok I have made a polling so we will see. I would also like to make a Public post to facebook. But I am asking you Dschibait if it is ok by you to do so. It basically will be :

Call to Arms for all those gamers who want to have a No Pay to Win (Except a Subscription Weekly/Monthly/Yearly to have access) For a Purely Strategic Play format.

Then click this link and have your say at the SpaceInvasion forum at Bitmeup.com

Pay to Win is basically any payment that leads to a strategic advantage to a player who spends real cash to obtain the strategic advantage over an oponent.

Which has really been a downfall for those gamers who love strategic play within a game where they aren't out stripped by how bigger is the oponents cash flow.

But in actual fact because players would be paying an access amount to build their empires maybe you would need to look at after the inactive stage instead of deleting the data for that player all together that it is stored someone just in case the player decided to rejoin at a later date. Maybe stretching deletion of a players data to a complete 12 Months after the inactive players account is deleted from server.

But of course things like planet skins are fine to add to such a server. As long as the product a player is paying for in the server doesn't give him a strategic advantage to the oponent. So you could also think about doing other graphic work such as ship skins and designs and infrastructure skins. So then the player can really personalise their interface.

• Official Post

yes understand your point; but somehow you have to pay for servers :)
    And with skins you don't will have enough to get this.

Basicly i started my first (private) browsergame with ads and this works good. But, with all these adblockers you have no options anymore to "annoy" players but have a free game.
    But - that you see my point - i have a new game in development which is based on "skins only, and premium for a minimum adventage" - you will have a strategy "round" / Battle, where anyone has the same "base". So yes, i also like that way - but this isn't an option for spacinvasion.

regards
    Dschibait

• Well doesn't look like it's swaying in favor at the moment. I was wondering what sort of feed back you got with the special ticketed server. I take it the results from it weren't good enough to warrant making it an occurance ever again ?