• The resource protection is good but it would be great if you were able to effect the resource protection level. Maybe by using the all ready established building the Tunnel system for retro and Nexus where you have to upgrade the Tunnel systems level to effect the total amount saved resource's. And that the player would have to actively up and down the resource's just like the Defenses in Sirius. This would mean the resource's would only be protected while down but if the player get's caught out with those resource's on the surface then they are unprotected. This would mean that an attacker if they time their attack they could catch the protected resource's. I am not saying get rid of the set amount per tier but the tunnel system would give a small increase to the base protected resource amount.

• The specializations were very interesting.

I tried only one point in miner, and only one point in fleeter. The rest of the time I put all 4 points in research.

The high speed and small area of the universe made certain points more or less valuable than they would be in Retro or Nexus.

Miner:
    The shield dome boost is totally meaningless for anyone over AZ3. In the endless universe, this will not be useful to any long term players.
    The increased production was very attractive (the high speed meant it was less attractive, but in Retro/Nexus, it will be important)

Fleeter:
    The extra raid colonies in the small speed uni were not useful, But in Retro/Nexus I would definitely choose this function! It is a great advantage.
    The extra resource steal is a great idea, but is totally useless when people can protect their resources with research points...
    The extra galaxy scanner of the 4th point was a very tempting reward! As long as scanners will be limited in quantity, this will be a good benefit.

Research:
    The daily research boost never happened. People are confusing the supercomputer with this boost. They are not related. The supercomputer is available for everyone, not just the Research points.
    The resource protection was very useful, but only because the speed was 300x. Resource build up the planets was incredibly fast. In my Retro or Nexus accounts, this function would allow me to log in once every 3 or 4 days only... I think it might promote inactivity. Possibly it needs to be clicked on every day or something like that? AlienHarvestor's suggestion is a good one:

The resource protection is good but it would be great if you were able to effect the resource protection level. Maybe by using the all ready established building the Tunnel system for retro and Nexus where you have to upgrade the Tunnel systems level to effect the total amount saved resource's. And that the player would have to actively up and down the resource's just like the Defenses in Sirius. This would mean the resource's would only be protected while down but if the player get's caught out with those resource's on the surface then they are unprotected. This would mean that an attacker if they time their attack they could catch the protected resource's. I am not saying get rid of the set amount per tier but the tunnel system would give a small increase to the base protected resource amount.

All in all, these specializations were interesting and made the test uni very engaging. I think the next test should be to apply them to a slower speed universe.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Miner : Maybe they could possibly looking at extending the extra shield % across all defenses instead of just the Shield Domes this would make the Shield increase a far greater potential then just for Dome's.

Well maybe if they have kept the data information of the Aurea Server would be now to apply it to a slower versioned test Uni. Cross over all the data so player's would pickup where they left off. And use this method to continually use a test server data to test out any upcoming or new feature's they might want to apply to a particular server. This would be very beneficial especially when trying to test stuff out that you have to have a all ready established empire to be able to test out correctly. It would allow for faster testing time's instead of all ways starting from zero.

Targeting Systems for instant at the moment virtually is a tech only needed to level 10 to open up the Defenses maybe you could incorporate it to give slight increase to the base Fire power just like the weapons tech does except the increase would be smaller % then the weapons tech. For the fleeter it would also increase the ship type's base firepower just like the weapons tech does. This then would benefit all three spec's also having the ability to increase the firepower by two tech methods instead of only one and making Targeting System Tech an actual game playing tech rather then just a requirement tech. This would bring Defense's into the game in an aspect we haven't seen as they would become a viable adversary to ship's.

This would then have an impact on Endless Uni's like Nexus and Retro as the longer running Endless server's would then would become a new playing field as player's would use defenses in these Uni's. Another thing would you think it possible in changing those Uni's AZ level to the new method which I think has proven to be a more acceptable system for AZ's. If your trying to improve the game you need to possibly make certain techs impact the game rather then just being flavor tech which are just needed as a requirement for for a building type or ship type.

I know I have heard in the past that it wasn't worth doing but if your trying to market the game for young game player's then you need to do this type of thing to the tech's as young game player's like thing's close to a reality feel to a game.

• Official Post

I think that the shield dome has not such a impact like we think - so i would like to go for another multiplicator. Maybe one could be that the shield dome is

Level 1:
    - Shield-Dome *AZ

Level 2:
    - Shield Dome *AZ * 1,5 (+50%)

Level 3:
    - Shield Dome *AZ * 2 (+100%)

Level 4:
    - Shield Dome *AZ * 3 (+200%)

So a Shield Dome is in earlier AZs not such strong like in a bigger AZ Range.
    This Multiplication by AZ is strong and would make the Shield Domes much more important. So you have to fight on Level 1 against a shield Dome with around 1500 nixxes (AZ17) - this is multiplied by 3 for level 4 - so 4500 nixxes to go throught a single big shield dome.

• I see where your trying to go with it. I still think we should implement the Sirius AZ method across all Servers as it is the best version to AZ there is.

• hello I wanted to know how the researcher specialization works because the attribute "
    Tier 4
    daily research reduction by 8 hours "
    I am trying to find or activate this function but I do not see how or his fonction are different
    I launched the research on pariticle analyzer which must finish in 10 days but with the specialization researcher
    it had to reduce every day by 8 hours so it had to end quickly but nothing happened, it works normally so I wanted to understand this notice
    Tier 4

daily research reduction by 8 hours

• there is a slight bug with the tier4 fleeter I think we cannot colonize additional planets

i have a problem or it's normal ..?????

2020-04-15 17:47:02 Système [YY:xx:aa] - Colonisation

Impossible de coloniser la planète Colony [YY:xx:aa] car vous vous êtes déjà implanté sur 14 planètes.

Impossible to colonize the planet Colony [YY: xx: aa] because you have already established yourself on 14 planets.

WHY ...???
    i have this ==>
    Specialization [ 0 | 4 | 0 ]

3 extra raid colony <<<<<===== ...???!!!! it's impossible

in the normal space GAME it's planet 13 (+2)
    2 planet that we buy
    I am at: [1/2] Develop your empire

so 14 planets

and with the third-party fleeter 4 Activated
    Tier 4
    3 extra raid colony
    so 14 planet + 3 = 17

so why stop at 14 planets .. ??
    and I am not lost my fleet; neither my resources

can you explain me ...!!! thanks

universe retro

I D : 723

AFO

Edited 3 times, last by space ().

• Official Post

first it would be could if you dosn't use "!!!" and "??" such often... yes i will explain it to you also without posting attantionmarks such often.

You have to use the new flight "Raid Colony colonization".
    With the normal colonization flight you have to colonize normal planets; this other flight is used for raid colonies.

regards
    Dschibait

• I am happy that the specialization system is now permanently part of the long term universes. Good addition to gameplay!

I was thinking about some potentials, and wondered if anyone can point out the problems of my idea.

What if players could create their own specialization combinations?

Eg, These are the miner bonuses for tier 1:

Tier 1
    • 3% increased production
    • 5% more ship storage capacity
    • 100% stronger dome shields
    • 3% reduced defense units costs

I only really appreciate the increased production and the increased storage.

The fleeter bonuses for tier 1:

Tier 1
    • 1 extra raid colony
    • 5% reduced fuel costs
    • +1 level engines research
    • 53% resource theft

Due to my real life busyness, the 53% resource theft isn't a big factor as I never raid inactives, and very seldom hit other players. BUT, I do like to have the potential for extra raid colonies etc.

The researcher bonuses for tier 1:

Tier 1
    • daily research reduction by 1 hour
    • 1.700.000 of each resource type is auto saved during attacks

I only like the daily reduction in this specialization.

So "IF" I could choose a specialization that suited my present real life issues and my slightly more passive hybrid style, my dream tier 1 would look like this:

Tier 1
    • 3% increased production
    • 5% more ship storage capacity
    • 1 extra raid colony
    • daily research reduction by 1 hour

I can see that some combinations would be overpowered, and this would be complex when getting to tier 4, so I know that my idea has problems. But I can still dream...

:D :D :D :D :D

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie