• My suggestion is to open Uni with limited resource's. In which I mean that when the universe is created the planets have randomly amount of Pig Iron, Kryptonite, Spice for each planet. This would make for the Uni to eventually run out of res supply. Eventually because the supply of res runs out that the Universe would eventually have an end point and a ultimate winner. You would be able to open more then one of these types of Uni's to allow those new player's to join a fresh new uni. You could make it once all planets have no res that the IDT is turned off to allow the ending of the Universe to happen through player's losing their fleet's and not being able to replenish them because of no resource's. I would see this type of Uni to really excel the Fleeter type player strategy ability. As the Uni would favor a Fleeter type of play over say a Miner. This would lead to more active Uni's. Plus the continual opening of a new Uni. As the Uni's would all ways have the end point due to no resource's and not being able to replenish fleet number's.

• Ok I see the similarity to what I am suggesting.
    But found this Planets regenerate resources when they are unoccupied.
    What I was suggesting was a Uni that eventually runs completely out of resource's as unoccupied planets don't regenerate.

• Official Post

i understand this but this didn't work such fine like you think. You have a resource gain / resource costs factor for each pig iron mine level, cryp mine level spice etc etc.
    Means that starting at a point you could plounder a plnat with a minus on resources (but faster) - finally will be a limitation (and that had to be calculated before start) of resources that fulfil the range of the runtime. (or estimated runtime) - i think this isn't possible to estimate at all ... you don't know how many players, how many jumpers and how many players will bring this to an end.

What the team (and me) learn from ecowars was that players like the infinity of resources; this concept is nice for a short time universe - that you have other strategies etc etc - but for a long term its horrible complicated and needs much much time to come on a good level.

Ecowars has not such a good amount of players and i think that most players dont would play my - and also - your concept in these days.