• I am not trying to be critical here, but actually I wonder if this type of universe might not turn out to be very popular:

The Miner's Dream

Flight speed - 0.5x normal
    Production/Research etc - 10x normal
    Duration - 2 months
    Objective - 20% spice value transfer to Retro or Nexus accounts

Let's be honest, some fairly passive miner accounts have grown huge in Retro and Nexus. I think it might be important for the team to recognize that there is a large group of players who really don't mind just building mines and never using ships to attack. Would it be a bad thing to have a universe where this is the main focus? At 1/2 speed, attacks would be very time consuming, so fleeters would either avoid this universe, or would just play it casually to get a spice boost for the main accounts.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• it would be interesting to find out whether a die-hard fleeter can mine too ..
    when I look at the buildings in the dark gate and development center 17, thermosolar factory 31, in research, gravitation technology 15, particle analyzer 12, target systems 15 ..
    or also in sirius where it is not about the spice transfer development center 18 will be built, there will be many who do not even know how to write "mine", let alone how to use it properly ..
    would certainly be interesting if you can and who can't .. :)

Vor Inbetriebnahme des Mundwerks, Gehirn einschalten !
    Hat so manchen schon vor dummen Antworten bewart !

Sirius: HuiBuh, UserID: 61

• I must repeat that my idea wasn't to criticise the miners, or the passive style players. But rather that from the recent discussion threads about the possible changes, I have been surprised how many people actually enjoy playing a slower more passive style. Some of it is time limits too. So as much as we see different players doing well in different kinds of speed universes, this type of universe might give a different type of player a chance to do well. I think it might be helpful even to have it as a longer term universe, rather than a short term one.

I think my frustration at "passive" players and their opinions might be misplaced. SI does not have a huge player base, so I guess we need to keep as many players as possible.

In the long term, there might be reason to keep Retro as pure and as close to the old SI as possible (with Nexus accounts moving over to it if need be), but then have a few other long term universes where different playing styles can do well.

Nexus might be a good place for the new suggestions to be played around with by bigger accounts. People who prefer not to have these changes can transfer to Retro (and possibly even have a copy of their account in each uni so they can experiment with different playing styles).

But I do think most of the SI servers should adapt the new ideas - change is good!!!

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Cvičení

I see that the legends met here 8) 8) 8)

In my opinion, the game could help if the score in the retro universe (but also in the nexus for example) were reset every 2 years. Planets and players would not change only the score would be reset ;) + - 2 years, according to the vote.

Of course, the winners' announcements, some prizes with bonuses for the next game and so on.