Yihisu, the basic problem here is that we can't speak your language. So there are rules in German and English, and if you can't understand them clearly, it doesn't help for us to repeat them in those languages again...

I'm not sure what you are hoping for? No one here is going to suddenly become fluent in Spanish overnight... Google translate might the best.

On the other hand, if you think you understand parts of things, but need to clarify something, then if you ask a specific question, someone will be sure to answer you.

But if you just ask' "What does the rule mean?" Well, that is not a specific question. That is a need for translation. We can repeat the rule in English (or German) - but I don't think that will help!

Is there something specific that you need explained?

Wow - I clean forgot about that! Thank you for bringing that up Shiek! I won't edit my original post, and will rather leave my embarrassing slip there for all to see so that I can continue this discussion as a suggestion fro change. But in that case, can an ADMIN move this post to "Ideas & Suggestions" please?

Now I guess I want to suggest looking at things differently.

This is the notification ingame:

"The speed-up bonus is no longer applied to research with a basic duration of over 100 days"

Firstly, the game uses slightly different language. Maybe the notification above can be changed? Here is the language for research taken from one of my research options:

Original research time: 1501 D 05:37:47

Technology bonus: 1417 D 19:59:01

Total research time: 83 D 09:38:46

So maybe "Original" should be used rather than "Basic". That is a small difference, I know, but I presumed that the phrase "The speed-up bonus is no longer applied to research with a basic duration of over 100 days" applied to any research that needed more than 100 days AFTER the technology bonus was applied - ie, I equated "Basic" to "Total". My mistake...

Having said all this, I still wonder if this decision to limit the speed up for research is not something that can be reconsidered? Again, there are many people with millions of fleet points and millions of building points, but very low research points. It is a vulnerability, a significant disadvantage.

Another comparison is to consider the Dark Gate concept. A speed up system of 15x was given to these players right through to the end of that uni, IN ORDER that they could transfer a strong account to NExus or Retro... So after 3 months of 15x speed, we have accounts transferring to Nexus with over 1,000,000 in research. (I'm not complaining!)

I basically played a few weeks of Dark Gate then went into VM, and my research points there were 3 or 4 times higher than my Nexus account. The Dark Gate account only had a lab level 13 I think... I chose to continue playing my present Nexus account so as to not have to rebuild all my fleet and infrastructure. But it is going to take me months and months (including event bonuses!) to reach my small 300k research level from my tiny Dark Gate account, and that is with a level 18 lab in Nexus...

It just seems slightly unbalanced.

I am not sure if this is a problem in the system, or if there is just something that I don't know about how it works.

I think the speed up no longer influences research speeds after players get to the AZ15. I cannot be sure about when the research stops being faster, simply because I wasn't paying attention to this dynamic. But now I can confirm that despite having a 2x speed up in Nexus, the research times are not faster. I have checked the times for research when the speed up is not active after coming out of VM, and they are identical to the research times once I have p0roduced enough to get the speed up system active.

To be clear, the fleet build and building production times are 2x faster, but not the research.

A few months ago I thought I noticed a dramatic difference in speed when I got into AZ15, but I just presumed I was imagining things.

Regarding whether I just don't know something, here is a quote from the speed up system FAQ:

Q: What is covered by that speed bonus?
    A: This bonus is similar to the bonus in a speed universe. Following items will take profit of it:

• Resources production
    • Buildings
    • Ship buildings (fleet as well as defence)
    • Researches

But I must say that the FAQ really seems to be out of date. It only talks about a maximum of 5x speed, so maybe research has been removed from the speed bonus. If so, it would be really good to announce it somewhere...

The situation now is that people have accounts with millions in fleet and buildings that they created in short time through the speed up system, but their research is terrible. This just makes it a joke that the speed up system helps to:

The speed-up system is an feature planned by SpaceInvasion which shall make it possible for smaller players to get up faster.

If the "smaller players" can get up faster but have soft fleets because of low tech etc, they are even more vulnerable than if they were growing slowly....

If this is a bug, then I want to sit in the corner and cry that I did not report it earlier - I have lost months of speed up research!!! ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

I have also created a ticket ingame.

I would just like to say thanks for the treasure hunt style event. I have found it better than many of the others. In particular, the short 12 hour assistant wins are very significant! I have been resisting paying for assistants because I'm trying to save money in real life (aren't we all lol!), but having the benefits of the assistants for 12 hour spurts has been so significant that I splashed out and bought some assistants for a month.

Really well designed activity! Having the new galaxy map interface also makes it much more fun! Good job!

There are a number of discrepancies between times. I travel a lot, and where ever I might be, I change the settings to reflect my time zone. This is obviously needed for some things, but there are so many things that I have to go to google and type "Time in Germany now" to do a conversion...

It would be wonderful if all displayed times match the time zone chosen in the settings.

I understood that, thanks Kaguja, I was saying I also try to read everything too, even if it is in German! :) I don't like being the person to say "I didn't know that!". It happens, but I try to avoid it by reading everything.

In fact, I think the Tutorial should include some things that involve the board. There should be a Thread just for people to introduce themselves in order to get an in-game reward. Maybe that would encourage them to engage more here on the boards.

Wobei.. ich kanns teilweise nachvollziehen.. wenn ich mal ne woche nicht im forum war, aus welchen grunde auch immer, werd ich auch von drei dutzend nachrichten erschlagen..
    dann setz ich meist auch das gelesen häkchen..
    und gehe dennoch alle threads durch die mir wichtig erscheinen..
    wer nicht liest hat meiner meinung nach nicht das recht zu meckern..

And some of us still have to do that with google translate! I really need to learn German!!

Ah! Thank you. I just don't know how to play then lol. So how do I find the treasures?

EDIT:
    So I can use my galaxy scanner to see which system has a treasure, but is there another strategy? This seems to limit the options for the smaller players who don't yet have an asteroid...

I cannot see any treasure chest icons in the galaxy map, but when I send a probe on a "Treasure Hunt" flight to coords that my ally mates can see, I do pick up a treasure chest.

Many years ago, there were theories about making sure you colonised with a certain amount of res on the colony flight, and to include a recycler on the colony flight, etc, but I think most of those theories were debunked.

People were trying to find out what helped to get a bigger field planet. So they tried many things. Someone said they had found a way to get a bigger field planet, and that you had to always have some resources in your colony ship. Someone else said that you had to colonise with a recycler and a colony ship together to have better success. So someone did a test of about 100 colonisations (I can't remember who it was), and it turned out that having resources on the colony ship didn't seem to change anything, and having a bigger fleet in the colony flight didn't seem to change anything either...

Anyway, the point is that only warmer planets clearly have a higher chance of being bigger fields. Nothing else has been shown to have any real effect.

You can sometimes get over 400 fields, but that is very rare. I don't know of an exact "maximum", but generally it is not a good idea to keep a planet that has under 300 fields if you want to build a long term mine base.

Some tips to get higher fields on a colonisation are to colonise the hotter planets in a system. This is not a guarantee of a high field planet, and a cold planet can also sometimes give you a high field, but in general, high field colonise flights happen more often on hot planets.

Many years ago, there were theories about making sure you colonised with a certain amount of res on the colony flight, and to include a recycler on the colony flight, etc, but I think most of those theories were debunked.

Just keep sending colony ships until you get a good sized field base.

I have considered making this suggestion myself too, but one thing has stopped me. Let's say I have 12kk building points and 1kk research, but I lose most of my fleet, down to 20k points. Now I am in AZ10, and I can attack players with down to 2k fleet points, but maybe only 5k building points and 1k research. My available resources will be millions, maybe billions. The speed and power of my fleet will be so far higher than those small players too.

That is also very unfair.

One small point, and one small suggestion. In English - sorry!

A small point - I see a lot of comments about what a fleeter is. I think it is also good to distinguish between fleeter and raider. A raider can be a fleeter, a miner, or a hybrid. This person will conduct hundreds of attacks each day against yellows and maybe also some reds. I see many miner accounts with huge mines sending many 2 or 3 transmitter attacks against a small yellow on my galaxy scanner. So multi prod helps the raider - including miners!. A FLEETER, is one who hunts active fleets... not dead yellows. Real life is more interesting to me than raiding yellows for hours everyday...

A small suggestion - is it possible to include an interdimensional transmitter spin for events where a player with fleet points more than double their building points can win a certain amount of phoenix or battleship? I'm not sure about this, because some players only want a certain type of ship. Maybe the speed up fleet production mentioned above can only be activated by people with fleet points that are 66% or more of their total points?

I would also like to suggest that the minimum time be only put on attacks. I know the server is nearly finished, but stationing spy probes for 5 minutes when a spy mission is allowed to run in just a few seconds is crazy.

A transport being limited to 5 minutes is also only hurting smaller players. I think the reasoning of 5 minutes limit to attacks was to help the smaller players? But now until a player gets teleporters up, they cannot easily intercept an attack coming at them... The present 5 minute limit on flights other than attakcs only helps the bigger players...

Well, whether I move NEN Planni or a new kolo setze directly to my victim. If you do it right you can get through with the kolo and has within 24 hours the fleet on the spot (rather faster), so the 7 days are a bit over the top

I think this is a very valid point. 7 days seems excessive.

But if I am not mistaken, I can still send a colony ship to colonize next to my target, and then shift my planet with complete attack fleet next to that new colony of mine, and station the attack fleet to the new colony. This is a lot safer than risking a colonise flight with full attack fleet being watched by roids.

Is this kind of attack strategy allowed? It would be very difficult to have a planet shifted and then no station or transport flights for 7 days...

Just a suggestion, maybe all flights should be blocked on a shifted planet to avoid it being used as a faster attack strategy than normal, but only for 24 to 48 hours. Any player can get an attack colony set up within 24 hours!!! The 7 days seems too excessive.

Unfortunately I could not adjust it with my setup - that's why I suspect something else in addition.
    The question would be: Can you adjust this, if you do not use the "disable / enable all" button but disable individually?

I decided to test it in Genesis2. I had a planet where the teleporter was 100,000 / 150,000. I shut down all mines using the "shutdown production" quick action, and charged until it was 149,000. I then turned on all the same "enable full production" quick action, and the teleporter was at 134,000 particles (rough numbers, I can not remember the exact numbers.)

I did this back and forth a few times, and it was the same difference in charge.

I then played with the turning on and off manually (and I can not remember the exact order), and now the charge is showing 140,000 particles, and it is not changing anymore. I can turn things on and off manually with the quick action selection, but the charge is ...

To clarify, the teleporter is still charging now without a problem, but the changing number issue is gone. Unfortunately, my turning on and off has about 9,000 particles of charge lol! So I guess it's worth fixing in case someone gets stuck with a lower charge than they should. I now need to wait for the teleporter to finish charging again, but fortunately, I do not need anything to the 4th galaxy right now ...

EDIT:
    After charging back up to 149,000 particles with a manual shutdown of mines (and the charge levels were not fluctuating at all), I now turn the mines on again with the quick action, and the charge drops to 142,000. I wonder if I can stop it from ever charging fully by switching back and forth lol?

Please excuse me for jumping into this German thread with an English post, but I am kind of managing to follow the discussion with google translate, although there are many comments and points that I am struggling to follow.

Anyway, I just wondered, maybe there is a small solution for one type of player (maybe most players are not like this). It could be that a certain type of player might not want to transfer to an endless universe at the end of Genesis, both Retro and Nexus are slower types of play styles. For some players, they only want to play in speed universes. For this type of player, a slow down in Genesis will be frustrating.

Can they be given the choice to continue full speed by "signing" an agreement to not transfer to a permanent universe, and then they are just competing for the prizes in getting to the top of Genesis? This will keep the satisfaction of the speed dynamic of Genesis.

However, this does create a problem for players hoping to transfer to Nexus who have to have a slow down, so they cannot be as competitive for the top prizes in Genesis... so maybe a slow down is not an option then. A building reduction or some other point adjustment at the time of transfer is a better option for those players then?

I know that this is easy for me to say - I have not invested money in an account like these players have, and neither have I spent months working toward a goal that is now not possible. So I know that I am not answering their needs with the above solution.... sorry.

I do also feel that the team can easily say that everyone should have known that a point adjustment was coming from looking at what happened in the first Genesis, but I think managing a game where people pay for certain things needs to be much clearer and explicit. I find that many aspects of the game are "presumed" to be something, and have in the past found GO's to be very unsympathetic to me for not knowing something. I know that the FAQ is there, but I only come back to the game every few months or even every few years, and suddenly everything is different. Of course I can go and spend days reading through all the posts and announcements and discussions (most in German) that have happened while I have been away, but that is not really conducive to clarity.

Players need to be able to focus on play, not on trying to figure things out. For example, I was reading the FAQ that explains the speed up system for Nexus and Retro today, it says this:

Q: How to calculate the "current factor"?
    A: The current factor will tell you in which range you are with your current points.
    Here you will find the speeds of the respective ranges which you can get:

• Players which have less than 0.1% of the points compared to the first place: 5x speed
    • Players which have less than 0.5% of the points compared to the first place: 3x speed
    • Players which have less than 1% of the points compared to the first place: 2x speed

But I have a 20x speed boost now??

My point is that things are not as clear as they should be. I agree that the team have to do something about the transfer of Genesis accounts, but it is still frustrating for players who feel they have not been clearly notified over time.