Since there are a few questions for clarification here, and since the thread is English, I thought it would be a good place to post a question regarding the transfer.

I realise that the Official Announcement does not cover this possibility, so I accept that it most likely isn't going to happen, but I want to check anyway.

Somewhere I saw something regarding a 20% transfer value of an account in spice or something like that. It would be nice to just send a nice resources bundle to my existing Nexus account from my Genesis account. I don't want to keep my Genesis account, I already have accounts in Retro and Nexus. But I did have some fun in Genesis and it would be nice to get some resources that make me feel that the time spent there has been at least partially invested in my bigger Nexus account rather than just disappearing entirely. I cannot remember where I saw the 20% value in spice thing. Maybe it was entirely unrelated.

Is this being considered in some way?

I see what your point is Jedi, except this:

Ich finde es zum kotzen, dass die Events immer an Feiertagen sind, wo man die Zeit mit der Familie verbringt.
    WAS AUCH GUT IST. Sofern man noch eine hat.

Simply because I am a working man, and sometimes I CANNOT play at work, I appreciate events that happen in holiday time... if not in holiday time, then I cannot join in....

Excuse me for answering this thread in English, but I think there is a difference in presenting ideas and suggestions, and then just presuming they should be adapted.

Shark, no one likes your suggestions - not just Dschi shooting them down. He is being very reasonable in showing why your ideas won't work.

Keep talking, but you have to include ideas that cover more active players that would leave the game if there was nothing to do here on public holidays - that is exactly when they WANT to play. Your suggestions only work for very passive play style.

Now one thing I really agree with you:
    The game used to be huge and very exciting, and no events were needed. BUT - the advertising budget by Bigpoint must have been huge - I know people all around the world that saw the adverts for Damoria and Space Invasion EVERYWHERE on the internet....

Bitmeup is not as big, and won't practically have that sort of budget. So events and small scale advertising are reasonable, so events can help to keep players engaged...

Yes, I find that useful. I already have spreadsheets with this and a few other little tools of my own, but having it on your link would be convenient when on my phone.

So at 12:50 German time I was just kicked out of the game and the boards for about 5 minutes. Pages didn't load, and suddenly the dinosaur appeared - but everything else I was browsing was fine. It is often this time of day that it happens. Now things are normal again and I can get into the game and boards no problem.

So there is significant lag for me right now, but I can still play (but if I were on a speed server like Classic Invasion, it would be suicide!) Even the boards here are laggy...

Same time each day. I'm expecting to not be able to get access in the next 40 minutes....

EDIT: 5 minutes later and the lag has gone. But I'll keep watching over the next hour or so and report back here in another edit.

EDIT 2: well, no more lag. Today was short time of lag. I often experience the lag slightly earlier than today, and possibly I just missed most of it due to getting online slightly later than usual... I'll check slightly earlier tomorrow and see.

I've been thinking about starting this thread for a while, but decided instead to first try and get a better idea of what might be going on. Almost everyday shortly after midday German time, my access to SI becomes slow, and then often I just cannot get in.

I am usually playing through Chrome on a windows 7 machine.

I will start to get the "Chrome dinosaur" picture saying that my internet is down, but I can browse the internet without problem - I am 100% sure my internet is not down. Sometimes when I switch to my phone, then I can get in to SI again, at other times I still cannot even on my phone. After a while (usually 20 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer), all goes back to normal.

It really frustrates me, and even though I am careful to make sure my fleet is safe at that time of the day, I just wonder if there is something I can do about it? I realise that the team may not be able to solve this for me if this is something only I experience, so is this something that other people experience too?

I can maybe mention one or two things that might not have been completely discussed yet. My paraphrase:

Point 1:
    "A player can make an attack colony anyway, so why do Nexus players think that there is a need to move their planets if a Genesis account moves their planets close to the Nexus player account planets? They should use save flight."

Well, the Dark Gate uni gave me a chance to test this. I deleted my bad Retro account and put my Dark Gate account into Retro. I did a bit of browsing around and placed all of my planets close to 2 or 3 weak farmer type players. I then farmed them for a few days until I became bored. My Retro (old Dark Gate) account is now just sleeping in VM, but for a while, one or two players possibly had a few days of less sleep than usual...

Here is the difference between what I did and how a raider account already in Nexus can move an attack base:

ALL MY PLANETS in Dark Gate were fully established with mines and teleporters etc. It cost me NOTHING to suddenly have TEN raid bases next to my targets when I merged into Retro. Now if I want to focus on a target with my Nexus account, it is very different. Suddenly I have to make a difficult choice. Do I really want to lose weeks of building PER PLANET that I delete and then colonise next to my target? Sometimes it is MONTHS of building per planet that I would have to sacrifice. For someone in NExus like Gin~Ossi I can imagine it would be YEARS of building that he would have to sacrifice.

I also cannot reasonably place ALL of my planets next to my target in a 7 day period without basically deleting my whole account's building points!! But the Genesis players CAN DO THIS.... WITHOUT any cost!

Point 2:
    "What about people who just wait to the last minute to see where their targets have moved before they move. A kind of brinkmanship of who moves last gets the benefit."

Well, so what? If players want to gamble with last second moves, that is a risk they can take. If they get their timing wrong, that is their tough luck.

BUT - maybe there is another way. All Genesis players fill in a list of their choice of planet locations, but cannot move the actual planets themselves. All Nexus players get a choice of 6 (maybe more, maybe less) planets that they can move. Same thing, they choose a list of locations.

All planets get moved by the system at the same time, let's say 03:00 am. Then immediate protection for all those planets for 7 days. All timed at the same time. If more than 1 player chooses the same location, the system will put the planets on the closest empty planets. I don't know how easy that is for the system to do, but it might solve this issue. It might be interesting to see where the planets all moved to the next morning. :)

Just some thoughts and suggestions.

I thought I might as well make this a different thread.

Can I get some clarity on the following part of the announcement:

Quote from Dschibait
    • Speed: 100x
    • Flight Speed: 150x
    • Min-flight time: 3min

Does this minimum flight time of 3 minutes also apply to the following flights:

• Stationing
    • Transports
    • Recycles (especially own planet recycle)
    • Spy probes

The flight time minimum that was applied to all of the above (except spy missions) in Dark Gate was incredibly frustrating....

Can I make a suggestion, or possibly just clarify something. Since the tutorial is suspended, can I suggest that the 10,000 points attack protection also be suspended?

Can we have a uni back to where Attack Protection stops at 50 points? Since the universe is a throwback to the old simple days, I feel this is a good fit. :)

Or why do not you just buy a monitor you can swivel into portrait position so you do not have to scroll down the complete list is there on the screen.

Sure, but I really think the length of the lists is totally overkill. Not needed at all. Shortening the lists is just part of functionality.

If you wish, you can also view these things in the context of realism (very creative understanding within the world of SI) where a functioning fleet commander would not have detailed descriptions on everything under his command. Clicking on any individual item can simulate the real world aspect of deeper understanding of any particular item.

That would also be very useful.

And one more question? @Fodsey

What to do with urplasma given next to the ticket?

As AlienHarvestor says, the urplasma can be used in any of the other longer term unis.

One small addition, I think from the fact that there is no tutorial either, the ADMINs are presuming everyone buying a ticket for this uni are experienced and already active in another uni...

I have a suggestion about the teleporter button that might be helpful. I agree that it is cumbersome as it is now, but I agree with Malagant that it belongs in the building area.

But in general, the building list (and the fleet and defense production lists) are unnecessarily long. There is a lot of useful info in those lists, but 99% of the time, I don't need that information. In the beginning of the game, that info is very useful for new players. But I suggest an option (possibly in the settings) to go to a simpler list (both production and buildings).

For example, the icon can be smaller for each building/ship, and the description can be removed. After more than 10 years of playing this game, I know that the Pig Iron Mine produces pig iron. The description says "Pig iron is the main raw material required for the production of metal and is also needed to construct some mines and buildings." I really do not need any of these descriptions any longer.

If these lists can be made smaller to fit on one page, the teleporter can be regarded as more easily accessible. Scrolling down through the building lists or the fleet lists each time to find the ship I want to produce is not a problem, but is unnecessary if the main reason for the length of the list is big icons and redundant descriptions. There is already a far more detailed description when you click on the pig iron mine icon or on a ship icon, that should be enough for anyone with a simple list if they want a reminder as to what the pig iron mine does...

In conclusion, the long description is useful for new players. A simple list system for players as an option can improve the quality of the game experience in general once a player is no longer new, and can possibly solve the teleporter activate frustration too.

EDIT - sorry for the inability to post in German!

I like the progress, but I am not sure that it is needed to list planet locations for each player? The planet location list is not complete though, so maybe its ok?

But I do think that it is not needed to list planet locations...

Again - thank you for the work Garfield!!!!

I think that as the universes have matured, spice is not as difficult to get as it used to be a decade ago. And that was one of the main reasons for using battleships. They cost no spice to build.

In time, people also began to see that batts were far more expensive to fly, so saving spice in building them didn't help if you were intending to actually use them for regular attacks...

Then of course, the only argument left for batts is the tougher shield. Adding more phoenix to a phoenix attack will solve their weaker shield, or adding some bullet catchers will help too. Basically, batts is still a great ship, but only if your opponent is a turtle and cannot run away from you...