I play in Retro and I think some techs are missing some functionality. The "Particle Analyzer" only gets you to the Particle Shields/Cannons but it could act like Energy Technology where it becomes more efficient and boosts production. In relation to Particle Cannons & Shields, it could make them recharge faster and with less energy. What's the fun of a cool weapon if you can only use them once a day?

Another one, what if targeting systems gave you a bonus similar to weapons tech? We have two techs (Shields & Defense Systems) for defense but only one for offense. If we offer a bonus for "Targeting Systems", the increased power of the weapons and their increased "accuracy" could work in tandem.

Just some ideas ... these seem to be the simplest to implement with the greatest effect.

What are y'all's thoughts? I usually prefer Laser Cannon Batteries but, that was four years ago and I'm just coming back to the game now. I've been back at it again for ~36hrs so far and I remember how much I loved it the first few times I played it.

Has anyone found anything that works particularly well for you? What's the stiffest defense you've ever come across?