Well, good... as I have expressed in another post that was never responded to.. perhaps my attitude towards this admin has been wrong because you're different admins.

That's great news and, again, I apologize.

I do worry about how this game is being optimized. Now the foundation of the game's strategy has changed completely. This WAS a war game... now it's a recycling game. If I were bill gates, that would excite me.. but I'm not him, I promise. ;)

So, the war element is still there... but I could make more from recycling than I could make from killing fleets and my own mines, which costed a lot of time and resources to build.

In fact, if this system stays in place... I'm not sure what purpose the mines serve.. or even the game, in general.

I would imagine you're already considering that question now.. because it's an excellent point.

I will stop here and see if we can discuss this as fans and admins of the game.

OK. I can understand the argument - although I don't quite see it that way. So the bottom line would be that even if we "force" the player to keep their online time 24 hours (or however long) after the end of vacation mode, it would be more attractive both for this time and for them in general must play (optional) or just go back to vacation Mode. The player (also exceptions here) who constantly goes in and out of Vacation Mode simply has no interest in playing. We're just trying to defuse the reasons for this somehow. :thumbup: What if he was given the opportunity for this period of time (24 hours or 48 hours) to have TFs made available to him directly (like the aliens spawn). In the vicinity of his planets - the distribution / range can be considered. And then he/she can also collect additional items (albeit in competition with others) :) or is that too naïve? :/

Agreed

wolf you have been playing for many years and in 2 weeks you were overtaken by the fleet))))

where's the justice?

Exactly.. but what can I say ? I'm trying to communicate and we're talking more about the emotions of my message than the content. And now he's ignoring me.. bc that's mature too.

idk what to say... just let things go and nature will take care of the rest. Amor Fati   :thumbup:

EDIT: and who I am in this game ? a true FAN of the game who has had great success in playing this game. That's who I am. for you to show a lack of appreciation is not the right perspective What I'm sharing isn't designed to offended. You're reading it with your emotions. Emotions benefit us very little in life. Read it again... look for the information that's there... not the emotions.

I'm at peace with you and the admin because you've shown me you're not the same nasty ppl as they had in here before.

I apologize for my previous attitude because I hadn't separated it yet... but I have now.

and I want you to succeed. this game has a lot of potential that is just not being discovered yet. That's why i'd love to buy it... because I can see it.

so, I will offer the olive branch in this situation and openly apologize for my previous attitude. i see that you are different.. and I'm very happy about that.

i don't want to fight with you... i want to help.

but the only way for this game to experience positive change is to change the right things while respecting the true fans of this game.

your strategy, as a business in this situation, has to be based on focusing on OPTIMIZING... because the structure has a lot of brilliance to it. changing that structure will hurt this game more than help it.

So, allow me to change my attitude here... I apologize... but I really do want to help

...okay, now back to my corner

I do not see how you found my words aggressive. Any mature adult wouldn't read them in that way. The only part of my post that could possibly be interpreted as being more "emotionally aggressive" is the part where I was explaining the past treatment of good players that the admin just treated like crap, banned them, and silenced them so no one could hear their side of the story.

We're just very cultures, is all I can say. In my culture, we speak more directly and tough with each other.... because that's how problems are solved. We don't pet each other on the back with soft words like petting some cat or dog. I don't understand how this generation has become so soft that they can't handle an adult conversation.

And by not even reading the post just forms a part of the problem this game has had and will continue to have for as long as it remains. Read it again... it's not aggressive.. it's just direct. You'll survive, I promise.

Just leave your emotions out of this... and let's get to the solutions.

These rubble fields, though I am trying to use them to... so that I can maintain some level that I worked hard to achieve... but these rubble fields are a bad idea.

they... are... a.. bad.. idea. For events, they're fun. But now they'll just going to remain forever ??? a new player can pass me in weeks. That's just ridiculous.

Was that too hard of a comment to read ?

Where's the respect for the hard work of the past players ?

There have been and still exists better ideas that are in this forum... although I noticed certain past posted have been deleted now.. not sure why.

As for me... I'm trying to nicer to you because I have the feeling you are not one of the admin from that past that originally killed this game.. which is the source of my anger with the admin. So, my attitude is changing.

So... I am being nicer.

We are the loyal players of this game...ignore us and this game has one destination only.

The reality is that this game is a war game - period. The strategy is/was to build your empire and climb one's way to the top.. which eventually means you need to attack others and bring down other empires in the process. As you get closer to the top, there's literally no other way... or there wasn't until now X/

I know we all want more players. Sell me 51% or more of the game and I believe I could help you achieve that. :) But by changing the foundation of the game... changes everything.. and if I started getting pushed down because of a player's collecting massive unearned resources.. then you'll start losing your loyal players this will change the entire face of the game will change.

This game, to be honest, is mind-numbingly boring. The ones who play this game enjoy it because we're true fans of the game.. because of the way it is / was. But NO, I don't like the idea of being passed up from another player because he's collecting massive unearned resources. I don't like that at all, personally.

How to attract more players and keep them ?

Let's map the pros and cons of the game..

Pros:

- Enjoyable to build an intergalactic empire

- Strategy to play this game isn't as obvious as it seems, once you really get into it.. we have to observe online times, building styles, aggressivity level, some psychological play too, be mathematically smart for more advanced attacks and strategies, etc..

- When the game is active, the drama of being in an alliance possesses its own type of fun too

Cons:

- It's 24/7 - literally no breaks.. which does have some positives to it, true. But it promotes an imbalance in a person's life... like social media does, also. Personally, I feel that's unhealthy unless that person has some really special circumstances that allow such an imbalance. But in general, it's not a positive thing.

- It's slow !! I should be able to hit a planet in the same solar system in less than 10 minutes if my engine techs are decently high.

- Cost of send flights doesn't seem like a big deal, until you have a fleet that consumes more spice than the player produces from their mines in an entire day. So the mine production or flight costs are out of balance.

- Some of the Rules

---> I know I'll hear it for this.. but restricting players by how they manage their account is ridiculous. ...how to handle trade profiting (although I always do fair trade values when I trade), multi-accounting, account takeovers, "Pushing", and even some of the censorship is a bit too extreme.

Now perhaps this is a different admin from when I played this in the past. I don't know, I just recently returned to the game a couple of years ago and so far, so good. But I remember the punishments to players who broke the rules were wildly extreme... giving no regard to the hours of those players have poured into this game.. supporting it... promoting it, encouraging existing players to participate more, etc.

As I've said in a separate thread, in the past the admin started banning people left and right.. which is the real reason this game died years ago. we had good and influential players who drew other players to enjoy the game. I was wrongfully banned twice, also. Now it seems to have changed, I don't know. I have noticed some mutli-accounting in the game, but I really don't care because it doesn't affect me.

I don't do this... I don't have the time.... but people who multi-account should be allowed (for example) because it would add a different level of strategy to this game... which would add some interesting complexity to it. And if players want to give their resources and ships to another player... why should the admin care ? That person spent time building their account and their relationships in the game and there's absolutely nothing wrong with allowing people to turn over their empire to another player. Who cares ??

...or even if they want to give their account to someone else... just let them do it.

THE TIME THAT EACH PLAYER INVESTS INTO THE GAME SHOULD BE RESPECTED BY GIVING THEM FREEDOM TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR ACCOUNT - PERIOD. They're the ones who are investing their time, and sometimes their money. That should have a meaning to the admin more than most things.

As long as they're not hacking the system to get intel on other players or whatever.. hacking, in general, is the worst, of course. But let players trade at the rates they want, while informing everyone what the fair trade value actually is. If they want to make a stupid decision, let them !! That's their problem

...and the admin have other concerns to deal with.

I didn't want to get into great detail there.. but basically, some of the game's rules are ridiculous. It's like the concept of "freedom" is completely overlooked.

- - -

Like I said, best improvements are speeding up the ships, better optimization of the research times (for more advance research - I mean, 2 years ?? ..that's crazy), better optimization of mines (costs and production), and kill the rules that only add more unnecessary work for the admin, anyways.

There's my 2 cents... back to my corner ;)

Roz.. I told you I would let you know when i care about you.. but it's not today ;)

To The Admin:

After some careful thought about this issue.. I want to say something that even shocks me..

I understand why you're making these changes. I had to think about it from a business perspective to appreciate the changes you're making. So, I retract my rejection of these changes, though I still think they might need some adjustments in the future. Because with these new changes, I could pass Dark_Angel in a matter of months... if I could play the game to the intensity that I used to.

So, perhaps it might need some adjustments as we move along. past work and investment of the older players needs to be respected too. so, hopefully you're open to that.

I changed my position on it because I know you have to maintain players to make money.. if you still would like to grow the game, then offering "a metal more attractive" to players like me, dark angel, and Hanabi and others.. then perhaps we would destroy less players if there were options that might be a better investment of our time.

....which will cause the new players to survive longer to also become potential clients in the game.

The reality is... I do love this game. I don't know why... lol.. but I do. I have very strong feelings about the way you've treated me and my friends in this game because I feel you were too quick to ban people for little to no reason, including myself twice... which is why I'm never nice to the admin.. because I feel that you/they did me a great injustice in the past... TWICE !!

I mention this because the efforts you're making are understandable if you're trying to grow the game. And I don't know if the same people who banned many of my friends and myself are still within your admin now... but I will say this..

you obviously know the time that a person has to invest in this game to grow.... i mean, it's an ungodly amount of hours a day if you want to be a serious top player.

so, with that said, hopefully, if this game does grow.. that your way of handling future players will be more professional. (not to say it hasn't been since I've returned.. but i do my best to stay from any admin because of the past)

because players don't have to be too "professional" in here... because we're all potential clients. that's just how business works. and i pay to get certain luxuries for my accounts.. and i don't mind paying (as long as the price doesn't change).

and i would support the growth of this game.. and these changes, if these are efforts to grow the game.

i only hope that before you make the click to ban & kick people... that it would not be an easy decision to make... because the admin was extremely unfair and cold to me and my friends in the past.

so... I've changed my opinion, for whatever that is worth... which i would imagine it has some worth because I've been a fan of this game, even though i was treated like garbage in the past.

so... I'll shake hand with this idea.. and i do wish this game success. hopefully, we'll start getting more players.. and more activity. i do miss the days where alliances fought each other and all that.

ALSO... you really should speed up the attack ships.. i still believe that :P ...since the AZs are now adjusted/

Anyways... i hope you take this message to heart.. thank you.. and now... back to my den 8)

We are playing a game where we colonize planets to build an empire in the universe.. and since we can attack each other, the real goal is to have the strongest military (fleet) while growing.. or very a well maintained defense (EF is a type of defense, btw). On these planets, we buildings because it follows a line of logic in accordance to how it might be in real life (obviously not exactly).. but it follows a sense of logic to our running an empire in space.. in the universe.

...but all these changes are just taking the real feeling out of this game. In real life you just have to learn or be killed. There's no fairy godmother watching over us, protecting us. You either play the game right or it plays you. And that's how life works too, ladies.

I've watched this game go from very popular in 2006 to where it is now.. dead. There's a few reasons for that, but I've learned that freedom of speech isn't so popular in here.. so I'll digress on that point. But it's decisions like these that negatively effect the game. ( did I say that nice enough? )

But these changes are killing the incentive for a player to grow big at all. And if that's not the goal.. then what is the goal ? ..to waste time ?

If you want to make the game fun... increase the flight speed in normal universes to 2.5 times of where it is now. Allow us to colonize more planets.. allow us to teleport planets.. keep those rubble fields going.......... oh there are tons of good ideas out there...

But for some reason.. we chose the one that hurts the best players.......... because... because... oh, because "it's not fair" :sleeping: :rolleyes: good grief. Seems like everyone suffers from Tall Poppy Sydrome these days.

Be strong or seek to be strong. That's the only mentality anyone should have.

So.. whatever.. I'll go back to my corner now. Have a nice weekend everyone :thumbup:

yikes.. someone is suffering inferiority complex.. good luck with that, cupcake :D ;)

the event post doesn't go into detail about it... maybe you should read that before making such asinine comments. you don't even know me... who tf are you ?

i love how people are so brave behind keyboards.. lol

so got it.. not the "!" ...it's the "I".. that's all that really had to be said.

what can't you do??? click on the sign!, enter the coordinates and that's it

I have clicked on it... but there's no built-in link for me to click on. I've clicked everywhere, just in case it's some weirdly designed thing.. and nothing.. the link is not active in my account for me to use.

https://i.imgur.com/CjefVWX.png?1

it works in the other universe i'm in... but not in SI2 X/

UPDATE:

Yeah, so I tried the same avatar link I use for the sirius universe.. doesn't work in SI2... and it won't let me load a photo into the profile box.

so, not sure what's the issue with my account in general, as there seems to be a few. but hopefully we can get this back to normal

So, I hit the 1000 mark, as it requested for me to get a free planet move... and when I hit 1000... I wasn't given the opportunity to move any planets and now it says 3000.

It's like playing football and the other team moves the goalposts when you're about to make a goal. :cursing:

So when I get to 3000... will it magically move to 10,000 without giving me a free planet move ? X/

I should get a planet move from the 1000 mark, as that is what it said.

For some reason, my avatar pic disappeared.. and there was a picture in my message section that was there for a long time.. and now nothing.

Any reason for this ?

I can't update my avatar pic as it says it's "invalid" ...even though it works in other universes. So... idk.. weird..

oh yeah, I understand. I've been called a cheater too when I don't know the first thing about hacking computers. so I know the feeling. and I try to be careful of accusing others of that unless it's a very impossible situation.

with you.... i thought that somehow you got into the system and could see only one direction of my flight.. hence the reason I saw the intercept attached to my flight at the halfway point. so when I saw the 2nd attack behind my actual return fleet... i was thinking.. come on dude, really... that's impossible.

but I get it now. that was an amazing shot.. nice calculating, nice hit 8)