• At the moment there are some basic protections for players:

• A single planet cannot be attacked by someone else more than 3 times in a 24 hour period.
    • In the case of a war, this is raised to 5 attacks per day.

In Genesis this was adjusted by AZ, so attacking someone bigger than you gave you more attacks per day, and attacking someone smaller than you gave you less attacks per day.

I have another suggestion that might be useful for players who cannot be online as much as the fleeter type. What if bashing were calculated not by hits per 24 hours, but how many hours between hits?

So in Retro and Nexus, an attack on a planet of player A is only allowed every 8 hours by Player B. In Genesis, if Player B is 2 AZs smaller than player A, he can make a hit on Player A every 3 hours, etc.

I think this would favor the miners a lot, because all players need to sleep or work etc, so fleeters would often only be able to make 2 hits per 24 hour period in Nexus or Retro with this adjustment, rather than the present 3 hits. So possibly it could be adjusted to once every 6 hours. In wars, this could be once every 3 to 4 hours.

Here are one or two examples where this change would bring a big difference.
    Player A is caught in a meeting. Player B spies his planet and sees ships lying there with 1 billion spice. Player B now has to choose to attack over 3 systems with phoenix only in order to improve his speed and hopefully get the hit before Player A gets online. If he adds transmitters into his attack, it is a few minutes slower.

In addition, even if Player B sends transmitters on his first attack, he needs to wait 3 hours for the next attack, so when Player A gets out of his meeting, he still has 500k spice to rebuild from.

This change would make it more difficult for players like me who only look for targets in the evenings when I am not going to get called into a meeting by my boss, so realistically, I would only be able to hit a target once (maybe twice) in Nexus before I would have to get some sleep. Still, this would give the more passive miners a greater sense of security. They would have more time to react.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• Great idea Fodsey , Maybe this could be looked at instead of implementing the Fleet protection feature that's being tested at the moment in Aurea. As in a way it is a form of protection and as you say there are players out there that have things they need to do in Real Life. If the game get's in the way of Real life then we all know that the gamer will go looking for something else as it is such a competitive market.

Thanks for coming up with such a good idea. Hope more player's read it and post their comment's.

But when it comes to High Speed server's the idea would have to be adjusted to compensate for the high speed version of the game. But would really work for the End Less Servers.

PESTILENCE

• The more I think about this suggestion, the more I think it is too negative for an active fleeter.

I would suggest the general idea has value for a more passive miner, but that a small adjustment could better find a middle line.

If there were still 3 attacks per day, but with an added limit of no more than 1 per hour. This way a fleeter could still attack a target three times in the evenings after work, even if they were too busy during the day.

And a miner should be able to benefit from not have immediate attacks following right after each other.

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie

• But then again a Miner should better manage the Fleet management better and not hold their entire supply all together at all time's but simply combine the cargo when needed just for what they want it for then split it up again. Build the fleet bases necessary to handle lot's of cargo movement in smaller Mitter fleets. Plus only bring them together when they are a 100% sure that they'll be online 20 to 30 mins before their major res comes together. Already know what they are going to build so they can set the upgrade and then split fleets up again and out of there shouldn't take them very long to do. So it's more to the point that they just need to manage fleets. Yes they might get caught out with losing small fleet and res but fleeters usually leave small stuff alone unless at War.