• I'm clearly questioning the importance of mines, an elemental element of the game, and you're giving me ranking/fleet stuff?

The speedup system was created so that small players could catch up with big players. For this it is necessary that big players have less resources available than the small ones. Is that currently the case from your point of view? Rozpruwacz has made almost 300 billion spice in the last 24 hours. Now imagine that on 365 days and on your beloved points?

Yea, I can agree. The speed-up system if you think about resources only isn't that helpful. But of course it also makes your buildings and ships build faster, and I think that's main advantage on this, and it's really important.

I also growth super fast (I'm best example that that speed up works). But I didn't grow with no reason. I'm pretty sure I'm most active player for now. I have build infrastructure for such a game (very high level of fleet base). And I think it's good thing that most active player grows the most. That's reason why I play all day, because it profits me. But you shouldn't say "imagine that on 365 days" because I don't believe that any human beeing is able to play with that activity for such a long time (my brain would melt).
    Now I have a big preassure of playing because I want to get closer to DA, then I can slow down because nobody will be able to destroy me. And I'm not the only one. I believe "salander12" and "Andyxl" made big progress too. As I observe they only today went up like 50-70 milion points. And you can do this too instead of staying at 600 milion points :D

And I can agree about mines too. They are useless BUT they were even before the derbis fields update. I think mines should be reworked completly so you can kind of upgrade them infinitly. Right know I gather huge amounts of pig iron from rubble fields and I don't have any way to spend it because building mines for that is just like losing them, mines doesn't exist in my opinion but it's not rubble fields fault but just how game was made. And indirectly by speed-up because you faster go to the point where mines are useless.

But I think that rubble fields are really good thing for game because let's be real thre isn't a lot of players at SI2. Without rubble fields game was incredibly boring, because main thing that you would do in game was attacking or cooperating with other players. And if there is no players then there is nothing to do. Now there is like to much to do, there is not enough time in day to do all stuff.

But if you talk about changes, then I think that maybe change like little bit decrease how much rubbles are spawned, at the same time increase the number of spawn places that is respawned every hour, and at the same time increase range around aliens where rubbles can show up. So with that we will have pretty much the same number of rubbles but more scattered around galaxies. So it's harder to pick up and it's not stacking so much and creating "MEGA FIELDS".

Also I think that there shouldn't be 25% attack rule above 2 bilion points. Attack zones are for protecting small players, players with 2 bilion points are huge, soon a lot of players will go there. And since you must have like 2-3 times more points in fleet to attack somebody without losing too much of your fleet there is only small window between 3 times more fleet and 4 times more fleet (where you can't attack player because of 25% rule).

• Official Post

the thing is, if you do just once a crappy thing, dont telling a (i still call it exploit) - no its not a strategy - point losing, forever getting 100x speedup - thing, why someone should now notice your opinion?

for me - and it seems like also other - i have in mind how much spice you bunker in your account, and finally, with this size of fields, and the fact that you have to do points now - a bunch of points - just saying - then, yes i think that these spice fields will bring someone else more then you.

im accepting the team decision - and im also hold the line we calling out at the announcement thread - but, this dosn't mean that i gnore that for me.

• Official Post

I want to be sure, you talk to "AI-Virus"? Not to me right?

yes, conversation is right now about AI-Virus "too big rubbles" post, where anyone in that thrads knows that i reduced them already, but existing aliens are not deleted. Reducing rubbles+ reducing aliens are not taken part in the game right now, so lets wait and see how aliens (and finally rubbles) are gone.

• Why do you only notice this after years? Have you ever asked yourself why no player tried to grab the resources that were mined every day with attacks?

Seriously any fucking day DarkAngel could have attacked me and grabbed the resources or forced me to spending it or not run it any further.

The whole thing had limits that did not allow it to operate indefinitely. You don't seem to have really dealt with that.

• Official Post

Why do you only notice this after years? Have you ever asked yourself why no player tried to grab the resources that were mined every day with attacks?

Seriously any fucking day DarkAngel could have attacked me and grabbed the resources or forced me to spending it or not run it any further.

The whole thing had limits that did not allow it to operate indefinitely. You don't seem to have really dealt with that.

hahaha yeah, 99mrd spice in a 7days+ escape flight, sounds like that Dark Angle exactly can predict that.

Angle you should also play lotto !

srsly, when i read that, i would like to over-vote the team decision - just because "i can use it" its not a fair strategy for anyone. Yes you can use it, but YES you could also ASK if this is planned that way. You dont do that, otherwise i would say you "NO!"

there is such a case years ago, where players from classic also lose points and keep in speedup for researching - we reduce there research levels. And thats why we implement a maximum for the speed-up research time reduction; i would also like to do that for spice, or build the whole feature on spice value, but, i also like the idea behind it, to come back into the game with a cool speed.

thats what you dont understand - this feature is for building up or reconstruction - not for keeping as long as posible at 500m points and have more spice then the rest of the game. Just a joke, and i have to say "bye" to this thread here otherwise there are bans in si2.

• Yes, there is no point in discussing this with you.

There were more than enough chances. Feel free to ask DarkAngel how often she saw spy reports where there were over 500 million iron, metal, kryptonite on the planets. You avoid this criticism and deflect it.

• Yes, there is no point in discussing this with you.

There were more than enough chances. Feel free to ask DarkAngel how often she saw spy reports where there were over 500 million iron, metal, kryptonite on the planets. You avoid this criticism and deflect it.

To be clear it's easy to understand why she wouldnt attack you. You have 500 milion of each resource, and 170 milion points in fleet. So she would have to send at least ~350 milion fleet at you to be safe. And probably you don't have all planets next to each other so distance is big. So on fuel she must spend milions of fuel and she takes risk that you will just fly away with all resources and she will lose time and milions of spice.

For me it's pretty normal that I usually don't even think about attacking players with couple bilions resources on planet.

• And that sums up the whole game and the community perfectly.

Nobody wants to take a risk any more. Risks can never be 100% hedged, but always high enough to make it very difficult for the risk to hit you.

• And that sums up the whole game and the community perfectly.

Nobody wants to take a risk any more. Risks can never be 100% hedged, but always high enough to make it very difficult for the risk to hit you.

I can't agree with that. If I can see your whole fleet at planet and lot of resources and I have 2-3 times bigger fleet then you then probably I will try to hit you. You always compare the risk with the possible reward. And if rewards is much bigger then you might risk to get it.

The bigger fleet player that you want to attack has the bigger reward you must see at his planet to attack him :D

• The reality is that this game is a war game - period. The strategy is/was to build your empire and climb one's way to the top.. which eventually means you need to attack others and bring down other empires in the process. As you get closer to the top, there's literally no other way... or there wasn't until now X/

I know we all want more players. Sell me 51% or more of the game and I believe I could help you achieve that. :) But by changing the foundation of the game... changes everything.. and if I started getting pushed down because of a player's collecting massive unearned resources.. then you'll start losing your loyal players this will change the entire face of the game will change.

This game, to be honest, is mind-numbingly boring. The ones who play this game enjoy it because we're true fans of the game.. because of the way it is / was. But NO, I don't like the idea of being passed up from another player because he's collecting massive unearned resources. I don't like that at all, personally.

How to attract more players and keep them ?

Let's map the pros and cons of the game..

Pros:

- Enjoyable to build an intergalactic empire

- Strategy to play this game isn't as obvious as it seems, once you really get into it.. we have to observe online times, building styles, aggressivity level, some psychological play too, be mathematically smart for more advanced attacks and strategies, etc..

- When the game is active, the drama of being in an alliance possesses its own type of fun too

Cons:

- It's 24/7 - literally no breaks.. which does have some positives to it, true. But it promotes an imbalance in a person's life... like social media does, also. Personally, I feel that's unhealthy unless that person has some really special circumstances that allow such an imbalance. But in general, it's not a positive thing.

- It's slow !! I should be able to hit a planet in the same solar system in less than 10 minutes if my engine techs are decently high.

- Cost of send flights doesn't seem like a big deal, until you have a fleet that consumes more spice than the player produces from their mines in an entire day. So the mine production or flight costs are out of balance.

- Some of the Rules

---> I know I'll hear it for this.. but restricting players by how they manage their account is ridiculous. ...how to handle trade profiting (although I always do fair trade values when I trade), multi-accounting, account takeovers, "Pushing", and even some of the censorship is a bit too extreme.

Now perhaps this is a different admin from when I played this in the past. I don't know, I just recently returned to the game a couple of years ago and so far, so good. But I remember the punishments to players who broke the rules were wildly extreme... giving no regard to the hours of those players have poured into this game.. supporting it... promoting it, encouraging existing players to participate more, etc.

As I've said in a separate thread, in the past the admin started banning people left and right.. which is the real reason this game died years ago. we had good and influential players who drew other players to enjoy the game. I was wrongfully banned twice, also. Now it seems to have changed, I don't know. I have noticed some mutli-accounting in the game, but I really don't care because it doesn't affect me.

I don't do this... I don't have the time.... but people who multi-account should be allowed (for example) because it would add a different level of strategy to this game... which would add some interesting complexity to it. And if players want to give their resources and ships to another player... why should the admin care ? That person spent time building their account and their relationships in the game and there's absolutely nothing wrong with allowing people to turn over their empire to another player. Who cares ??

...or even if they want to give their account to someone else... just let them do it.

THE TIME THAT EACH PLAYER INVESTS INTO THE GAME SHOULD BE RESPECTED BY GIVING THEM FREEDOM TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR ACCOUNT - PERIOD. They're the ones who are investing their time, and sometimes their money. That should have a meaning to the admin more than most things.

As long as they're not hacking the system to get intel on other players or whatever.. hacking, in general, is the worst, of course. But let players trade at the rates they want, while informing everyone what the fair trade value actually is. If they want to make a stupid decision, let them !! That's their problem

...and the admin have other concerns to deal with.

I didn't want to get into great detail there.. but basically, some of the game's rules are ridiculous. It's like the concept of "freedom" is completely overlooked.

- - -

Like I said, best improvements are speeding up the ships, better optimization of the research times (for more advance research - I mean, 2 years ?? ..that's crazy), better optimization of mines (costs and production), and kill the rules that only add more unnecessary work for the admin, anyways.

There's my 2 cents... back to my corner ;)

• Good post.

• Official Post

Good post.

not rly for me - just tell you 2 thinks here:

1st:

writing a post, with just ONE "stupid" (or false) thingy is finally letting the whole post going as "crying on anything" .

better optimization of the research times (for more advance research - I mean, 2 years ??

this is just false - we implement a maximum research time of 360 days which can be reduced by so many research reductions - you dont have to wait for any research more than 180days if you like...

and just because he do "??" and, i mean, not nesessary other things in that post, its completly contra productive, its feels like he tries just facing me / the team, he just likes to provoke with this kind of post.

2nd (please has1st in mind!)

i see his points, and i understand his points what he like to say with that fully - this is a thread where players like to bring there mind into a future, thats what happend. So, and back to 1fst, why you can't write this in a normal - point for point - way? Because you like to provoke someone!

i don't even know if you like to face the team or me - just saying, i think im the only one right now from si2 team is writing here - so, i have to take that you like to facing me?

Stupidly, that i don't even created one of these rules you don't like ^^ they are (most of them) old SpaceInvasion rules, i also like to see progress and developement in the team and also in rules - but,without pushing and ipmatching rules, you can also press delete on games files.

For me this thread is a oppertunity to change something, when you start with some aggressive post, i completly stop reading and you can go away with your ideas. thats what it is.

Finally, i read so many "if i would manage a game its would be so much better" posts, i just saw one game coming up from players in the last 10 years who writing this to me, and it was alive for about 4 months or so. So, for me, i know that you talking about game rules and gameplay optimization to achive a successful game, but there is much more in the background you have no idea about. Jus tsaying - thats not the way focusing 51% just when the game wouldnt run with your optimizuations, contracts and other stuff.

Changing something elementary means that you have also keep in mind - server costs - contracts - budget at all.

Just saying this - i like increasing speed, reducing flight costs, we can talk about spectral mode or something else - but, i don't need these aggressive parts. We had no blocks in the last year (beside multi accounts); why you starting again and again with your "bad case" experience from years ago?

Why you start with so aggressive - gameplay compared - things? For me, this discussion is a way, you can bring your mind into the games future - if you like to do that in a productive way just when you get 51% of the game, then stop writing here - if you like to talk with me, who never bans you, who not punished you - who not knows what exactly happend with your account in the past, then go for it.

but, anyawy here are my words:

- It's 24/7 - literally no breaks.. which does have some positives to it, true. But it promotes an imbalance in a person's life

this is a con - tell this to dark angle, who don't like weeks of escape flighting ... you don't have to be in game if you don't like!

- It's slow !! I should be able to hit a planet in the same solar system in less than 10 minutes if my engine techs are decently high.

compared to the first point, this is a completly side-to-side effect. You don't like to escape flight, but you like to get faster attacks. Im the only one seeing the confusion on these points?

But, i agree with the fact that fast attacks are funny, general in casual gaming, faster stuff is cool.

- Cost of send flights doesn't seem like a big deal, until you have a fleet that consumes more spice than the player produces from their mines in an entire day. So the mine production or flight costs are out of balance.

there are other options, like rubblefields (see posts here)

and you don't have to attack with fullfleet - but yes, this is a point what we can talking about.

- Some of the Rules

---> I know I'll hear it for this.. but restricting players by how they manage their account is ridiculous. ...how to handle trade profiting (although I always do fair trade values when I trade), multi-accounting, account takeovers, "Pushing", and even some of the censorship is a bit too extreme.

i think that there are rules what the team can re-create or change or delete at all.

But not for pushing, multi accounting or possibilities that you can push someone. Its simply, you say that you don't like to spent your life / or change your life to the game, but you like that you have to paly 10 accounts? And then there is still someone having 50 accounts.

But you just say "too extrem" there is not a really way i can see, what you like to see here. Im pretty sure that you don't like to erase all of these rules; but telling someone "your rules are shitty" and then nothing to - what you like to see - isn't a good post at all.

Now perhaps this is a different admin from when I played this in the past. I don't know, I just recently returned to the game a couple of years ago and so far, so good. But I remember the punishments to players who broke the rules were wildly extreme... giving no regard to the hours of those players have poured into this game.. supporting it... promoting it, encouraging existing players to participate more, etc.

these are all investments, investing 10tousends of euros (thats what you talking about) into a game, what this isn't bringing, a game what is about 10years old - no, im prety sure you wouldn't go for that. But, write me via email, get me some more infos about you and your business, and then we can talk about these 51% of spaceinvasion2

THE TIME THAT EACH PLAYER INVESTS INTO THE GAME SHOULD BE RESPECTED BY GIVING THEM FREEDOM TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR ACCOUNT - PERIOD. They're the ones who are investing their time, and sometimes their money. That should have a meaning to the admin more than most things.

AND NOW IM ALSO STARTING TO BE MR.CAPSLOCK - I HOPE ITS FEELING GOOD TO YOU THAT I ALSO CAN WRITE LIKE YOU - FOR ME ITS NOT CLEAR WHY YOU HAVE TO WRITE THIS IN BIG, BUT OK - I RESPECT ANYTHING WHAT PLAYERS BRING INTO MY GAMES, THATS WHY I DISCUSS WITH THEM HERE, THATS WHY IM TRYING TO GIVE THEM THE OPPERTUNITY THAT THEY CAN DECIDE ABOUT THERE FUTURE.

BUT I DONT GET IT, WHY DO YOU THINK THAT THIS HAS NO MEANING TO THE ADMINS? JUST BECAUSE YOU GET A BAN YEARS AGO? REALLY?

i see your point here, im most of the time not involved into team decisions about bans/punishments or so - finally, there are feelings that the team is "fighting" against players - thats not the way i like, but i can tell you from most of the punishments i see, that if the players comes to the team and explain the ipmatch, explain the situation, explain them, the team dosn't ban anymore - yes still some punishments like resources or building-destructions, but no bans at all (except you done that for several times)

in your last part you bring anything together, i see also most of your points, but -

- there are no rule definitions

- there are no time reduction / increasement values

- there are just 2ct

for me, this post isn't helpful and in general un-nessesary provoking against me, who is the only one writing here - and has nothing to do with bans from years ago.

• I do not see how you found my words aggressive. Any mature adult wouldn't read them in that way. The only part of my post that could possibly be interpreted as being more "emotionally aggressive" is the part where I was explaining the past treatment of good players that the admin just treated like crap, banned them, and silenced them so no one could hear their side of the story.

We're just very cultures, is all I can say. In my culture, we speak more directly and tough with each other.... because that's how problems are solved. We don't pet each other on the back with soft words like petting some cat or dog. I don't understand how this generation has become so soft that they can't handle an adult conversation.

And by not even reading the post just forms a part of the problem this game has had and will continue to have for as long as it remains. Read it again... it's not aggressive.. it's just direct. You'll survive, I promise.

Just leave your emotions out of this... and let's get to the solutions.

These rubble fields, though I am trying to use them to... so that I can maintain some level that I worked hard to achieve... but these rubble fields are a bad idea.

they... are... a.. bad.. idea. For events, they're fun. But now they'll just going to remain forever ??? a new player can pass me in weeks. That's just ridiculous.

Was that too hard of a comment to read ?

Where's the respect for the hard work of the past players ?

There have been and still exists better ideas that are in this forum... although I noticed certain past posted have been deleted now.. not sure why.

As for me... I'm trying to nicer to you because I have the feeling you are not one of the admin from that past that originally killed this game.. which is the source of my anger with the admin. So, my attitude is changing.

So... I am being nicer.

We are the loyal players of this game...ignore us and this game has one destination only.

• Official Post

i stop this here ... you are thinking that your words are not aggressive; i don't like to explain or teach you that you don't

- need to write in big letters

- writing about stuff which was years ago with an admin, who is not involved into that agian and again

and there are so many things again what YOU DONT NEED TO WRITE

by not even reading the post

i read your post

Read it again... it's not aggressive.. it's just direct. You'll survive, I promise.

why ? why i should spent any minute on you? Why you write to me like im a child?

Any mature adult wouldn't

so soft that they can't handle an adult conversation.

there is a cool function in that board here ... called ignore list , you can feel warm welcome on that.

@all other - i hope that you still bring cool ideas to this; but having someone agian and again trading me like a child isn't the way we should go.

There are things done in bad ways, there are problems, thats what i wrote in the last weeks here, and i get again and again no constructive solutions just treats all the time.

i stop here with these kind of users. If they would like to be a part of spaceinvasion future again, they can contact me in private and talk about there problems and why they are so facing me.

• EDIT: and who I am in this game ? a true FAN of the game who has had great success in playing this game. That's who I am. for you to show a lack of appreciation is not the right perspective What I'm sharing isn't designed to offended. You're reading it with your emotions. Emotions benefit us very little in life. Read it again... look for the information that's there... not the emotions.

I'm at peace with you and the admin because you've shown me you're not the same nasty ppl as they had in here before.

I apologize for my previous attitude because I hadn't separated it yet... but I have now.

and I want you to succeed. this game has a lot of potential that is just not being discovered yet. That's why i'd love to buy it... because I can see it.

so, I will offer the olive branch in this situation and openly apologize for my previous attitude. i see that you are different.. and I'm very happy about that.

i don't want to fight with you... i want to help.

but the only way for this game to experience positive change is to change the right things while respecting the true fans of this game.

your strategy, as a business in this situation, has to be based on focusing on OPTIMIZING... because the structure has a lot of brilliance to it. changing that structure will hurt this game more than help it.

So, allow me to change my attitude here... I apologize... but I really do want to help

...okay, now back to my corner

• wolf you have been playing for many years and in 2 weeks you were overtaken by the fleet))))

where's the justice?

Exactly.. but what can I say ? I'm trying to communicate and we're talking more about the emotions of my message than the content. And now he's ignoring me.. bc that's mature too.

idk what to say... just let things go and nature will take care of the rest. Amor Fati   :thumbup:

• very large fields of rubble

now you don’t even have to look for them, all galaxies are covered with them

this can only be done for events for a short time

somehow it became boring to collect these fields of rubble all day long and for what? Rescue flight restriction was never set