• In my case, when I fell from x100 to x50, after about a week I am not able to maintain it x50 :(
    (about 9,000,000 points per 24 hours)

Yea, speed-up it's practically over after you lose x100 speed-up :D But you still get x50 speed-up for 24 hours from time to time :D I think about speed-up as about tool to make it possible for little players to catch up with bigger players. Not something everyone should have for ever.

• So I'll leave a few points:

1. AZ - well solved, brings a little peace into the game

2. The changes make it necessary to think about new tactics - that's a good thing too

3. The aliens and the rubble field - nice thing! In addition to the possibility of linking the size of the fields to the number of attacks, there is another pleasant side effect - you have to be careful not to become too greedy. Of course, the counter goes up faster and the possibility of an enrage is greater/faster! Very good.

4. I think the simultaneous coupling of inactive player accounts to the 25% rule is a bit harsh - it also limits the possibility of keeping resources in the game if these players cannot be fought by a player of the same rank because the corresponding fleet strength is not available is. These resources disappeared from the game.

But I can live with that for a while - let the game recover. We'll see what it brings in a few months. Dark Angel should be able to live with that too - I can very well!

Thank you Dschi!! :thumbup:

- As always, a good solution begins with small experiments. You can learn outside. Everything else can also be reconsidered and adjusted. We just have to want :thumbup:

• We are playing a game where we colonize planets to build an empire in the universe.. and since we can attack each other, the real goal is to have the strongest military (fleet) while growing.. or very a well maintained defense (EF is a type of defense, btw). On these planets, we buildings because it follows a line of logic in accordance to how it might be in real life (obviously not exactly).. but it follows a sense of logic to our running an empire in space.. in the universe.

...but all these changes are just taking the real feeling out of this game. In real life you just have to learn or be killed. There's no fairy godmother watching over us, protecting us. You either play the game right or it plays you. And that's how life works too, ladies.

I've watched this game go from very popular in 2006 to where it is now.. dead. There's a few reasons for that, but I've learned that freedom of speech isn't so popular in here.. so I'll digress on that point. But it's decisions like these that negatively effect the game. ( did I say that nice enough? )

But these changes are killing the incentive for a player to grow big at all. And if that's not the goal.. then what is the goal ? ..to waste time ?

If you want to make the game fun... increase the flight speed in normal universes to 2.5 times of where it is now. Allow us to colonize more planets.. allow us to teleport planets.. keep those rubble fields going.......... oh there are tons of good ideas out there...

But for some reason.. we chose the one that hurts the best players.......... because... because... oh, because "it's not fair" :sleeping: :rolleyes: good grief. Seems like everyone suffers from Tall Poppy Sydrome these days.

Be strong or seek to be strong. That's the only mentality anyone should have.

So.. whatever.. I'll go back to my corner now. Have a nice weekend everyone :thumbup:

• We are playing a game where we colonize planets to build an empire in the universe..

It's funny that we've been talking here for the last 2 weeks and you now come in with your first message after the changes have already been made and you have the audacity to cry in your pretentious tone (as usual).

But since it's a little more complicated than putting a picture in the game's profile in this case, you might need some more clarification.

...but all these changes are just taking the real feeling out of this game. In real life you just have to learn or be killed. There's no fairy godmother watching over us, protecting us. You either play the game right or it plays you. And that's how life works too, ladies.

Maybe you live somewhere in africa where you must learn or die (But where do you get internet access from?). But most people here lives in the modern world. We can see difference between game and real live. For many players, the game is just fun, not a constant struggle for survival. People have enough worries in a real life.

Second thing is that is a game, game run by a company, company needs to make money to survive (like you in your village). And probably that's hard to understand but the more players game has the more money company gets. Probably that's why the games are made for thousands people not for couple hardcors that would destroy everybody else (cause they have more time or money) and try to kick everybody else from the game.

I'm not really sure why you even write this message since I can't remember you attack (or maybe even spy) me once in last two months. You are afk and you act like you want to more oportunities to kill players....

I've watched this game go from very popular in 2006 to where it is now.. dead. There's a few reasons for that, but I've learned that freedom of speech isn't so popular in here.. so I'll digress on that point. But it's decisions like these that negatively effect the game. ( did I say that nice enough? )

Yea, no freedom of speech, that's why you just wrote what ever you wanted......

Of course since 2006 there was nothing in this world that could affect number of players in this game. There were only decisions about this game.... There was no thousands of new games, with more action in them, graphic, better PCs etc. It's pretty easy to understand that this game was so much bigger thing in 2006 (when there was no so many alternatives) then it is now when (as topic says) it is pretty boring in compare to another games.

Of course for sure there are things that could be done better about this game, but I'm pretty sure that external factors are much more important here.

If you want to make the game fun... increase the flight speed in normal universes to 2.5 times of where it is now. Allow us to colonize more planets.. allow us to teleport planets.. keep those rubble fields going.......... oh there are tons of good ideas out there...

But for some reason.. we chose the one that hurts the best players.......... because... because... oh, because "it's not fair" :sleeping: :rolleyes: good grief. Seems like everyone suffers from Tall Poppy Sydrome these days.

- increase flight speed - agree
    - more planets - bad bad bad idea, more planets isn't more funt, it's more repetitive work to do. With no additional tools of managing planets it's bad idea. It's pretty simple to understand that, just imagine if there would be 100 planets, what would you do then? Single planet isn't funny too, so the best number of planets is somewhere between, and I think 15 is just enough.
    - teleport planets - why you want teleport planets when you made post couple days ago that you don't even know how to do it? And you need this teleportation for what? You made some analogies to real world, in real world you teleport some planets? It should be rare option to correct some of your in-game choices. With lots of teleporters it would look like this: 'one player teleports next to another to kill him, then he teleports somewhere else, and they run for each other like in a game of tag. Terrible idea.
    - keep those rubble fields going - I agree, it's something to do, it encourages activity. But I think there should be an option to send exact number of recyclers to gather all rubbles from galaxy view. You just click on planet -> gather rubbles button. Because right now it's a hard work to send all rubble flights from all your planets, you have to calculate number of ships in your head, it's struggle.

And it's not "Tall Poppy Sydrome". It's trying to save a game from death. As Daschbait said, in his opinion players are leaving game because they are attacked by big players constantly. It's amazing that you grow big and you have fun destroying small players that can't defend, but imagine that's not game for you only, but for many players, and game operators try to do things that will make it more fun for bigger audience. It might be funny for you to destroy every new player so he leave the game, and you say "oh, he is weak, I'm so cool, he could do better". But it's not what game producer would like to achive.

So maybe think about the game, how to change it so everybody (you and new players) have fun here. And stop thinking only about yourself.

• Roz.. I told you I would let you know when i care about you.. but it's not today ;)

To The Admin:

After some careful thought about this issue.. I want to say something that even shocks me..

I understand why you're making these changes. I had to think about it from a business perspective to appreciate the changes you're making. So, I retract my rejection of these changes, though I still think they might need some adjustments in the future. Because with these new changes, I could pass Dark_Angel in a matter of months... if I could play the game to the intensity that I used to.

So, perhaps it might need some adjustments as we move along. past work and investment of the older players needs to be respected too. so, hopefully you're open to that.

I changed my position on it because I know you have to maintain players to make money.. if you still would like to grow the game, then offering "a metal more attractive" to players like me, dark angel, and Hanabi and others.. then perhaps we would destroy less players if there were options that might be a better investment of our time.

....which will cause the new players to survive longer to also become potential clients in the game.

The reality is... I do love this game. I don't know why... lol.. but I do. I have very strong feelings about the way you've treated me and my friends in this game because I feel you were too quick to ban people for little to no reason, including myself twice... which is why I'm never nice to the admin.. because I feel that you/they did me a great injustice in the past... TWICE !!

I mention this because the efforts you're making are understandable if you're trying to grow the game. And I don't know if the same people who banned many of my friends and myself are still within your admin now... but I will say this..

you obviously know the time that a person has to invest in this game to grow.... i mean, it's an ungodly amount of hours a day if you want to be a serious top player.

so, with that said, hopefully, if this game does grow.. that your way of handling future players will be more professional. (not to say it hasn't been since I've returned.. but i do my best to stay from any admin because of the past)

because players don't have to be too "professional" in here... because we're all potential clients. that's just how business works. and i pay to get certain luxuries for my accounts.. and i don't mind paying (as long as the price doesn't change).

and i would support the growth of this game.. and these changes, if these are efforts to grow the game.

i only hope that before you make the click to ban & kick people... that it would not be an easy decision to make... because the admin was extremely unfair and cold to me and my friends in the past.

so... I've changed my opinion, for whatever that is worth... which i would imagine it has some worth because I've been a fan of this game, even though i was treated like garbage in the past.

so... I'll shake hand with this idea.. and i do wish this game success. hopefully, we'll start getting more players.. and more activity. i do miss the days where alliances fought each other and all that.

ALSO... you really should speed up the attack ships.. i still believe that :P ...since the AZs are now adjusted/

Anyways... i hope you take this message to heart.. thank you.. and now... back to my den 8)

• After some careful thought about this issue.. I want to say something that even shocks me..

I understand why you're making these changes. I had to think about it from a business perspective to appreciate the changes you're making.

You're welcome :)

I changed my position on it because I know you have to maintain players to make money..

You literally changed your position because i explained the situation to you... You probably didn't read the posts at this thread because it's too much time and you have to fight for your live with lions or smth. And after I told you what's situation in single post you changed your mind. Still no 'thank you' after I already helped you twice? Or even more. Instead you say some dumb stuff like "I had to think about it from a business perspective" like it was your idea in the first place... Really funny to read this :D

I won't say anything about crying then in 10 lines for ban. Well deserved from what I see.

so... I've changed my opinion, for whatever that is worth...

Not much :(

• Official Post

Hi,

just saying, we are here to improve these changes - its what the team and i decided as a first step - most parts are economicly, some parts are important for gameplay... but finally, "we" are a community and i like to read any idea / suggestion, but, still i have to keep a buisness.

I don't know any decision from team about a block or a ban.

In last 2 years we have implemented many features to avoid banning someone like

- message system blocking

- mentoring stars blocking

- profile disabling

- planet naming disabled

also for SI2 there are some parts, like we are implementing right now a banning function for disabling the speed up system.

You should think about if you use the speed up like it is planned, otherwise we feeling a ban of speedup functions is a good way that the player can think about this... Here we are talking about months - years, just to fully explain that.

but, these way is something we go when we have less and less players. Its a balance to decide if a player can be hold or if this player just like to play unfair, whatever you try. I think that many decisions could be handled without banning a player (also in the past) - but these decisions where made like it happend, and, it makes no sense to me (like you say) to discuss about bans which where made from team members which leaves the team years ago.

regards

Dschibait

• Well, good... as I have expressed in another post that was never responded to.. perhaps my attitude towards this admin has been wrong because you're different admins.

That's great news and, again, I apologize.

I do worry about how this game is being optimized. Now the foundation of the game's strategy has changed completely. This WAS a war game... now it's a recycling game. If I were bill gates, that would excite me.. but I'm not him, I promise. ;)

So, the war element is still there... but I could make more from recycling than I could make from killing fleets and my own mines, which costed a lot of time and resources to build.

In fact, if this system stays in place... I'm not sure what purpose the mines serve.. or even the game, in general.

I would imagine you're already considering that question now.. because it's an excellent point.

I will stop here and see if we can discuss this as fans and admins of the game.

• Official Post

fighting against 30 other players is a rly good idea ...

maybe its not interesting someone, but this universe has almost no players - read the thread, then you can start discusting about things you try to blame me, other admins or someone here. I give a F* on your apologize, for me this discussion with you is over and i don't go agian for it. Thats not my fault, and i don't see the point to start this again with you, there are others who like to read that thread here and answer on questions that they got.

finally, the aliens disappearing in next week, we will still look on it - for Dark Angle and also saeberwolf who dont like to read this thread are not able to understand it, aliens spawinng rubble, and i reduced the aliens amount, but i DONT DELETE THEM... so these rubble right now, is the rest from the beginning of the changes what i ALREADY changed to get better results.

next time i delete them to avoid this annoying - again and again - posts about a function / problem we already talked about 5 pages before.

• Official Post

I have ban him from the forum now; i don't accept this again and again forcing words against me.

If you blame someone you have also to accept that the opponent side don't accept your apologize. Thats it.

All other here reading, how do you feel now? I saw that some of these aliens disappear, is the rubble now better balanced or are there to many of them still in the game?

• For me it fit’s.

War aber auch schon vorher ok- nun ist das schöne Sammlerleben eben vorbei ;) ;)

Hat ja schon schön alles bisschen zusammen geführt. :thumbup:

Dann schauen wir mal weiter.

Was mich zusätzlich interessieren würde- irgend welche nachvollziehbaren Stats über neue Spieler? Oder (deutlich) vermehrte Aktivitäten des “harten” Kerns? (neben den durch Punktezuwachs ersichtlichen )?:/

• Official Post

For me it fit’s.

War aber auch schon vorher ok- nun ist das schöne Sammlerleben eben vorbei ;) ;)

Hat ja schon schön alles bisschen zusammen geführt. :thumbup:

Dann schauen wir mal weiter.

Was mich zusätzlich interessieren würde- irgend welche nachvollziehbaren Stats über neue Spieler? Oder (deutlich) vermehrte Aktivitäten des “harten” Kerns? (neben den durch Punktezuwachs ersichtlichen )?:/

Please keep english, i think this is some kind of respect to all other players here reading and / or writing

yeah there are some better numbers; but, hm i think its a mix of christimas event and these changes. Its hard to specify if this is just "because" of the event or not. I think its a good step, we will have an eye on it for the next weeks.

I would also like to test out a new SI2 Universe; is there seomthing what we have to do "before" we plan something like that?

regards

Dschibait

• ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Then I'll behave respectfully - even if words of praise would somehow be more easily accepted in German without pointing out the language ;)

That's right, you're right - the thread started in English.

So, like you, I see that it's more of a mixture of the event and the changes. But it's still fresh, the next few weeks/months will show what the positive effects are/were and what aren't so positive. Let's see how potential new players accept the game. I'll keep my fingers crossed, the field was mixed up quite vigorously at times. Good this way. :thumbup:

A new universe sounds promising - maybe things will be easier for you to implement in terms of programming. I like to repeat myself here - I find that very comforting and appreciate that you're including the players with their thoughts! <3

From my side I can't say anything about the way and ultimately about the comparison with the GeNeSiS universe. I don't know anything about the universe because I've never played/tested anything other than SI2. So I can't give an assessment whether a merge or an independent SI2 universe in the way GeNeSis works. Or whether the advantages or disadvantages outweigh the disadvantages.

But I'm not a benchmark :thumbup: - other players - who are familiar with different universes - can certainly judge that better. I also can't assess which criteria are used to calculate the weighting of an existing account when it is then transferred - no matter how.

A completely new SI2 universe with start zero for everyone would of course be better from my point of view - but also a hard cut for the big accounts that have been playing for several years. ;(

From my point of view - but as I said, I can't assess the amount and complexity of the programming - a restart of SI2, including account transfers that are to be calculated in whatever way, would make programming some things easier.

For me, one of the main points is that once you reach a certain level, none of the big players can really be attacked. No matter how these players got there.

You just have to think about how to get these players out of their comfort zone. 8o

And Astros and alliance attacks are a good way to do that (only in my opinion - you can correct me) That should just be possible. Because - always just my point of view - without the possibility of hitting big players effectively, we will have to think about different things again in a few months. We will going into the "danger", to talk about exactly the same things, like we do in the moment.

If these two things exist in GeNeSis allready /mean Astros and alliance attacks) - then at this point I am in favor of choosing your position 1. :!:

In that sense - I look forward to further thoughts.

regards

Heiko

Edited once, last by HanaBi ().

• I see that even on protection from attacks from big players and huge resources in the form of rubble fields and 100x speed, many players with 100 millions of points turn yellow

at the same time, they did not lose the fleet, but lost interest