• Official Post

most after the event went back to weekend mode, all blue or sent flight rescue for a long time

suggestion to the game - to reduce the rescue flight time although up to 5-7 days

makes no sense to reduce the escape flight time; escape flights are the only reason these players don't go into vacation mode.

but, i don't get it, why should a player escape flight for a shorter time when he/she plays the last event?

Ok, recyclers for recycling stuff, and some solarcells for the collecting, but you don't need whole fleets for the attacking part.

• translation difficulties (((

one of the reasons why there are no attacks on big players is that they do not constantly have a fleet on the planet, they do not need to collect resources every day, they send their main fleet on a flight for 1 month and are not afraid

it’s impossible to catch such a fleet, I spy on some players every day and I have never seen their fleet

if you limit the rescue flight to 7 days, then this will bring interest to the game

if the player needs to be away for a long time, he can set the weekend mode

• I think that's good idea. Vaccation mode lasts what, 2 days? So I think if players doesn't want to play for more then 2 days they should go on vaccation mode not just escape with whole fleet (and still get 100% production).

You Daschbait asked dark angel why she attacks small players not big ones. That long flights are probably one of reasons :D If players want to play then they must have some risk (shorter escape flights). If players doesn't want to play then they should go vacc mode.

Max 3 days one-way flight is a good solution, then your whole flight would be like 6 days. It's not that much to log in once per 6 days I think.

• Official Post

my question is, what is the difference to the event, why a player has to escape flight out of event time for longer times?

yes, i see your point that escape flights is a part of activity, shorter flights means more "forced" activity.

What you don't see is the point that palyers leave because they have to play.

In vacation mode research is stopped, buildings are stopped, anything is stopped (beside these 25% production) ... so, its a given method (still also in si classic) that you can have long-term-escape flights.

If we change that and forcing these players to play, im not sure if they are just going blue - and you don't get the production anymore.. i think this isnt a good idea, but we can give this a try - will talk with the team about this.

• If we change that and forcing these players to play, im not sure if they are just going blue - and you don't get the production anymore.. i think this isnt a good idea, but we can give this a try - will talk with the team about this.

I see this as Dschibait, for me in Retro it is a bad idea. Sometimes I need simply to break the game for some weeks. Now I can do a few weeks long escape flight and the reasearch, which is mostly a few hundred days, continues. Otherwise my research time would be not for example not 360 days but about 400-450 days. That is unacceptable for me.

Universe Retro - UserID 2006 * Sirius - UserID 51 *Genesis 5 - UserID 47

• Shortening the flight time brings nothing but possibly more players who quit because they have lost their fleet. Which is one of the reasons why players leave SI. I can just as well fly a recycling flight or a colonisation over 4 weeks.

If you want to destroy fleets, you have the aliens.

• my question is, what is the difference to the event, why a player has to escape flight out of event time for longer times?

Difference is that players doesn't have anything to do between events. They can't do anything so they go for month escape flight.

Oh so you just feel like player that is in the game once in month is playing. If player would be 'forced' to log in once in week and because of this, he quits the game then I think you are lying to yourself that he is still playing game.
    Maybe you want they create some fake crowd in game. But then why vaccation mode even exists? If player can just go for month escape flight, and it got more benefits then vacc mode maybe just delete vacc mode?

I see this as Dschibait, for me in Retro it is a bad idea. Sometimes I need simply to break the game for some weeks. Now I can do a few weeks long escape flight and the reasearch, which is mostly a few hundred days, continues. Otherwise my research time would be not for example not 360 days but about 400-450 days. That is unacceptable for me.

If you need to break game for some weeks then you have vaccation mode. If you are not playing for weeks why you deserve to have same benefits as active player who is in the game every day?

Shortening the flight time brings nothing but possibly more players who quit because they have lost their fleet. Which is one of the reasons why players leave SI. I can just as well fly a recycling flight or a colonisation over 4 weeks.

If you want to destroy fleets, you have the aliens.

In fact, it will make a big difference if players who log in once a month leave the game altogether. And you cant fly recycling flight cause it takes only recyclers. Colonisation also would be problem, but I can see that flight through whole universe takes about 30 hours for colony ship (at 100% speed). So that limit (3 days for one way flight) wouldn't really affect real colonizing flights. I'm not sure what's the reason you want lie to yourself that this players are playing, if they log in once per month they left the game already :/

Guys it's really simple thing, if you give players benefits for not playing and you won't give them benefits for playing they will just stop playing the game. Cause right know I'm starting to think, why I should even log in every day? Maybe I will also just go for month escape flight, I don't get too much profits for beeing active anyway. And if I will play game once a month then why I play it at all? Stop giving players benefits for not playing your game.....

• The big disadvantage here in Si is that the account will be deleted. If you want to play again after months or even years, you start from scratch.

Players who have been in the vm for months still play in SI. Otherwise they would be yellow and then deleted later.

Many players are not only in one universe, they also use the vm to focus on one universe and continue playing in si2 later.

• The big disadvantage here in Si is that the account will be deleted. If you want to play again after months or even years, you start from scratch.

Players who have been in the vm for months still play in SI. Otherwise they would be yellow and then deleted later.

Many players are not only in one universe, they also use the vm to focus on one universe and continue playing in si2 later.

And that's all cool. That is why we have vaccation mode in game. And I think it should stay there. And flights lasting months should disappear because players use it instead of VM.

• a player who comes in once every 60 days while the weekend mode lasts to rearrange it is not a player at all! are these needed at all?

they don't buy uroplasm, they hang like a load in the game!!!

prohibit rearranging the weekend mode in a minute!

let a few days pass between these modes

• Official Post

a player who comes in once every 60 days while the weekend mode lasts to rearrange it is not a player at all! are these needed at all?

they don't buy uroplasm, they hang like a load in the game!!!

prohibit rearranging the weekend mode in a minute!

let a few days pass between these modes

thats makes no sense; yeah they don't bring the game to a success, but what is the difference between a player who has a 60d escape flight, where you get the production from, or if there is no player?

Just to update you, team decided to let the escape flight like it is for now.

• Ok, some big changes in system today :D Let's see how it will work. Thank you Dschibait for doing something with situation, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

And to be clear, AZ now has no effect on attacking other players? Only range is important, and AZ will influence only events/IDT?

• Official Post

Ok, some big changes in system today :D Let's see how it will work. Thank you Dschibait for doing something with situation, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

And to be clear, AZ now has no effect on attacking other players? Only range is important, and AZ will influence only events/IDT?

there is still the AZ1 rule active (but in most cases its not important right now) - you can't attack just inside AZ1 ...

But for all your attacks the new AZ Range takes place... the AZ are updated in the ranking that you see, which multiplier you get for events and IDT.

I implemented this because so, our big players thinking about keeping AZs / points and not going wild for this speedup with destroying planets.

• 1. Does this 25% rule not apply to yellow players?

2. then you need to revise the system 100x!!! I do not see them

3. remove the ability to stay in 100x mode forever

I'm not sure. Why would people stay in 100x for ever? What is point of gathering resources if you don't use them?

Only reason I can see is multi account or something like that and sending resources at main account. If you think somebody got it you should probably report it :D

• all you have to do is add 2 AZ 10 and 50 million!!! and so the 25% limit and 4 new AZ will only make it worse

1. small players did not receive any protection - now they will be robbed and killed by medium players

which was confirmed in practice in a week, I did not attack less than 50 million and others attacked and killed several small players

2. now it makes no sense for big players to play the game and spend money, for example, now why do I need a scout or a merchant

3. only medium players benefited from 100 million to 700, they already had the advantage of 100x and 50x acceleration with large mines, they still had this and still had the opportunity to rob and kill small players

4. about top1 - the more top1 in points, the more players play the game. the bar of 100x acceleration is constantly growing up, the top1 will not grow and they will not be interested in playing the game and also spending money on it

P.S.

1. it should be possible to spy on big players to small ones in order to at least give out the target

2. big players should attack yellow players without any 25% and AZ - I can only attack 2 players, reduce to 10% or remove altogether leave only AZ

3. the only good thing is the alien idea

• Official Post

first, we all say that these changes are not good for you dark angel ...

to atatck a 50m player you have les then 200m points... so, what i saw in my logs is that 200m players are overwhemled from the speed up, they are not interested in attacking such much.

most of the attacks comes from 1billion+ players, and, this isn't possible anymore with this rule.

what i agree is, having more and more resources stacked on the planet and reduce the progress (or delete progress) to get more and more.

Also the hint with multiaccount is a part - what im thinking about is, that you can't have more resources (raw resources, means collected on your planets/on flight) then XXX billion... i think about having some kind of %-value, but maybe just a fix value of 50 billion could be enough.

i have to look into these kind of players, if you have a list, just send it to me, i will review it. (but i will also look to the flights/planets; maybe i will write a script that shows how much players flighting around in spice)