• Should I spend resources on research or instead build more ships? I am debating researching level 20 weapons technology but with those resources I could build a lot of ships. Is it better to have the ships or the research?

• Personally I would go for the research because the higher you are, the fewer ships you have to send in proportion..

The more your enemy must send^^

And what is finished counts heavily especially with the 3 techs of the ships on that level^^

• you could just test that in the fight simulator...

I am not sure how accurate it is. It shows the extra fleet as better as it causes more damage. When I put in the research the weapons tech does improve the damage but the defence and shield research do nothing.

• you can look at it 2 ways.

weapon20 with your fleet vs weapon19 and your fleet + ships you can build with the cost of weapon20.

and then both options vs lets say half your fleet like an enamy could have that you would attack.

compare the options and what ever has you losing the least amount of units is better.

• In the lower levels it was a difference of a few hundred ships, if you add a level to 1 of the 3 ship techs no idea what that brings to lvl 20 but honestly I get that information from the battle report because there you can see how hard it popped and what you need ^^

• It is confusing. If i insert 50,000 ships then i deal extra damage. If i remove those extra 50,000 ships and up the research to lvl 20 then for defence and shield it makes no difference having the research or not, not a tiny bit of difference.

• It is confusing. If i insert 50,000 ships then i deal extra damage. If i remove those extra 50,000 ships and up the research to lvl 20 then for defence and shield it makes no difference having the research or not, not a tiny bit of difference.

The base value of any tech ist already 100% so the diffrence between weapon19 and weapon20 is 300%/290% = 3,4% more value in one of the 3 tech categories. There is not doing to be large noticeable changes with improving techs at this point unless you have like 10kk Phoenix or more.

• The base value of any tech ist already 100% so the diffrence between weapon19 and weapon20 is 300%/290% = 3,4% more value in one of the 3 tech categories. There is not doing to be large noticeable changes with improving techs at this point unless you have like 10kk Phoenix or more.

Ok, the tech level 20 might not make a difference now but if my fleet was xxx points bigger than the techs would make a difference? is that what youre saying?

• Ok, the tech level 20 might not make a difference now but if my fleet was xxx points bigger than the techs would make a difference? is that what youre saying?

If you had a bigger fleet it would make more sense to go for Weapontech 20 because there is a point where doing research is better then building more ships. However i dont no the exact situation you are in and am just assuming that you play in Sirius. You would just have to find out in the fight simulator how far you are away from that point.