• Enabling the Spectral Mode

You are not allowed to have any active attacks.

Important: It is recommended to keep escape-flight your fleets. Flying attacks on you will be executed in specral mode!
    time for activation: 24 hours

Please revise and change this mode because to me it’s a poor man’s cheat code as I will explain.

If a player is able to enter spectral mode to lets say hide away from unwanted attacks or wars.

How is it possible to enter it immediately for 50 urplazma but you can leave anytime without being penalised.

See if you go into VM your stuck there for a minimum duration of 48 hours and this should also apply to spectral mode as it’s common sense and very similar to Vacation mode.

With spectral mode I would like to hope and see the same but in that when a player wants to leave spectral mode it will take no longer then 72 hours.

This is a must to stop the abuse of players jumping into spectral mode only to leave it a few hours later as this is a blatant cheat of the game mechanics.

The fact that players have been given this advantage is unfair and I believe it really needs some form of change or for the mode to carry a restriction on leavening the mode as per say above.

Many thanks and I hope that this will be given some serious looking into.

Kind regards

StirTh3Pot

User ID: 1057 Genesis

• This is a must to stop the abuse of players jumping into spectral mode only to leave it a few hours later as this is a blatant cheat of the game mechanics.

I am not sure where you sense of outrage comes from. I think you're blowing this out of proportion. This Spectral mode has been well thought out, and if they can jump into it easily, just keep in mind that VM is even easier (free). I think you'll need to describe how this can be regarded as a cheat?

Regarding their jumping out of it again, well good. Now they cannot jump back in for a few days. So you say that you don't want them to escape attacks or wars, now you are free to attack at will for a few days where they cannot use this to get away. This sounds fine to me.

The fact that players have been given this advantage is unfair and I believe it really needs some form of change or for the mode to carry a restriction on leavening the mode as per say above.

Why is it unfair if you have this option too? Is it also unfair if someone EF's their fleet away and won't let you attack them? Is it unfair if someone intercepts your fleet with a scanner? All these things are frustrating when they don't benefit oneself, but they are well documented parts of the game, and ALL players can use these features.

I think the spectral mode adds another element to the game, and more variety is good. New strategies can now be brought in to keep the game exciting.

The only part of spectral mode that I don't really like is that players won't turn yellow when they go on for too long, but that they are deleted. I would prefer them to become yellow so that active players can enjoy their resources... but still, this is a preference I have, but the word unfair is just not reasonable here....

My aliases:
    Fodder
    ThePoet
    Hotmess
    zzzzzz
    Raffie