• System requirements?
    SI Tool is a Java program and requires a Java JRE version 8.0 or higher.
    There is no special installation, just extract the si-tool.zip into any target directory.

How do I execute SI Tool?
    After extracting just double-click on si-tool.jar or type java -jar si-tool.jar into a command line window.

I started it, now what?
    SI Tool can manage several different accounts for your different universes. Just create a new account in SI Tool for each of your game accounts. You need to configure language, speed and version of the account. It is important to set the account language to the game language (or vice versa), otherwise the import functions will not work.
    With JSON data this is no longer the case. You can paste appropriate JSON in all places that accept input. JSOn is designed to be machine readable so account and game language is no issue for it.

Additional help can be obtained by pressing F1.

Data import
    How do I input data into SI Tool
    Most tables in SI tool are editable. You can directly input all data into the table cells.
    Furthermore there are numerous functions to import game data into SI Tool.
    As already mentioned for them to function properly it is important that the game language matches the account language.

How do I import research data?
    Open the research lab and copy the window content (Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C will do nicely). Choose the Research tab in SI Tool and press 'Import research...'. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.

How do I import ships and defenses?
    Open Ships or Defenses. Copy the window content. Choose Fleet in SI Tool and Ships or Defenses as appropriate. Click on the planet name in the table header. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.

How do I import buildings?
    Open the building view. Copy the window content. Choose Buildings in SI Tool. Click on the planet name in the table header. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.
    For asteroid buildings click on the empty field in the asteroid row of the planet column. The asteroid need to have a size != 0 for that to work.

To import your entire account copy the JSON from the Intergalactic planet overview, go to Planets Tab, press Import Planet... and, you guessed it, paste the JSON into the text box. Press OK.
    Beware, ships in transit are not contained in the JSON, these cannot be imported, you need to add them manually.

How do I import resources?
    Open the Intergalactic planet overview. Copy the window content. Choose Economy in SI Tool. Press 'New'. Press 'Import resources...'. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.
    Alternatively, paste the JSON from the Intergalactic planet overview.
    How many times do I have to spell that out, anyway... biggrin.png

Automatic data transfer
    You can use the automatic data transfer to transmit data from your game account to SI Tool. If activated it can send the data automatically or when you press the JSON 'link' symbol.
    SI Tool can accept data from the Intergalactic planet overview or from spy reports.
    The Intergalactic planet overview you will typically use to manage your own account since it contains all the data from your account, spy reports you'll use to manage the data gathered from your, er, adversaries. Thats why you have to select in the account settings whether SI Tool should accept data from the Intergalactic planet overview or from spy reports for that account (or not at all if both are unselected). Only one option can be enabled for any given account. As a security measure against accidentally overwriting your account data when playing multiple universes SI Tool will refuse to accept data when the universe type in the data does not match the one configured in the account. (Of course, if you absolutely must you can always paste the data into the input field).
    When you want to import data from the Intergalactic planet overview you need to select the Planets view. All your data will be replaced at once by the new data. When you open the Economy view instead, a new tab with all your resources will open instead. The Intergalactic planet overview auto updates every 15 min so if you enabled fully automatic data import you can expect a new resource tab to pop up every 15 minutes. Other views will not accept input from the Intergalactic planet overview so no updates will happen if you one of them open.
    Import from spy reports behaves somewhat differently. You only ever have the data from one planet (or asteroid) in it. To import a new planet you need to select the Planets view. Importing a spy report there will create or update the planet, import all its buildings, ships and defenses and update the research data for the account. Only after you created a planet will other views start to accept data for it. When you have the Fleet view open, the ships and defenses for the imported planet (or asteroid) will be updated, as well as the research data, the buildings, however will not be updated. Conversely, if you open the Buildings view, only the buildings on the planet (or asteroid) and the research will be updated - the fleet remains unchanged. (if you do want to update everything, use the Planets view).
    When you open the Economy view the resources from the planet in the spy report will be updated, but only if a report tab is already open. This way you can collect the results of multiple spy reports into a single report tab. Of course, the planet must already exist in SI Tool for the data to be collected.

Coordinates
    What are coordinates?
    In SI Tool planets are referenced in two ways. First there is the planet position in the form gg:ss:pp. It is fixed for any planet and refers to the galaxy, the system and the planet number inside a system. This form is used by SI 1.x.

The rest of this is SI2 specific. If you are playing Classic you can skip it.
    Additionally SI 2.0 uses the universe coordinates of a planet. They are written as gx:gy|sx:sy|px:py|o, consisting of the x- and y-coordinates of the galaxy, the system and the planet, followed by the orbit identifier of the planet. The planets move to the next orbit position at 4am each day.

Why do I need them?
    The coordinates are used to calculate the distance between planet and sun and so determine spice and solarsat energy production.
    They are also used to calculate the distance between planets to determine the exact length of escape flights.

What is the 'Coordinator'?
    The Coordinator is SI Tools way to manage planet coordinates. It is only available when an SI 2.0 account is active.

What is this spin counter?
    The planet positions on day 0 (big bang) are are stored in SI-Tool. To determine the current positions, you have to find out how many planet movements (spins) occurred since tag 0. By changing the galaxy spin and spin controls and comparing the displayed coordinates for these planets with their in game values you can determine the correct settings for galaxy spin and spin. Now press the 'SYNC' button which will turn green. This procedure has to be repeated every day.

What does 'Synchronise automatically...' do?
    'Synchronise automatically...' attempts to simplify the above procedure when an unknown number of spins has happened since the last time you used SI Tool. For this purpose, the current spin counter is requested from the server.

Escape flights
    I don't have any planet coordinates and I really need to EF now!
    SI Tool can calculate escape flights without any coordinates. Just enter the position, research levels and ships.
    In that case SI Tool uses the systems sun as EF target. Those flights are shown in italics and the planet positions end in :x.
    Since you cannot really fly to the sun you need to select a planet which is nearby, the actual EF time will differ somewhat from the calculated one.

• SI Tool does not start! What can I do?

Press Wnd+R

Then enter "cmd" in the small window.

Then a (black) window opens - this is the console.

Open the folder where the SI tool is located. (where you have extracted (unzipped) it).

In the folder window copy the path of the folder e.g.

"C:\Users\Max_Mustermann\Deskop\SI_Tool".

Go back to the console

Enter "cd" (without quotes) with a space and copy the path (press the right mouse button) of the SI Tool folder (see point 5).

Press Enter

Now enter "java -jar si-tool.jar" (without quotes) and press enter again.

Post the output in the console in the support thread