• SI Tool FAQ

System requirements?
    SI Tool is a Java program and requires a Java JRE version 8.0 or higher.
    There is no special installation, just extract the si-tool.zip into any target directory.

How do I execute SI Tool?
    After extracting just double-click on si-tool.jar or type java -jar si-tool.jar into a command line window.

I started it, now what?
    SI Tool can manage several different accounts for your different universes. Just create a new account in SI Tool for each of your game accounts. You need to configure language, speed and version of the account. It is important to set the account language to the game language (or vice versa), otherwise the import functions will not work.

Additional help can be obtained by pressing F1.

Data import
    How do I input data into SI Tool
    Most tables in SI tool are editable. You can directly input all data into the table cells.
    Furthermore there are numerous functions to import game data into SI Tool.
    As already mentioned for them to function properly it is important that the game language matches the account language.

How do I import research data?
    Open the resaerch lab and copy the window content (Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C will do nicely). Choose the Research tab in SI Tool and press 'Import research...'. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.

How do I import ships and defenses?
    Open the weapons factory in the game and chose Ships or Defenses. Copy the window content. Choose Fleet in SI Tool and Ships or Defenses as appropriate. Click on the planet name in the table header. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.

How do I import buildings?
    Open the building view. Copy the window content. Choose Buildings in SI Tool. Click on the planet name in the table header. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.
    For asteroid buildings click on the empty field in the asteroid row of the planet column. The asteroid need to have a size != 0 for that to work.

To import your entire account copy the JSON from the Intergalactic planet overview, go to Planets Tab, press Import Planet... and, you guessed it, paste the JSON into the text box. Press OK.
    Beware, ships in transit are not contained in the JSON, these cannot be imported, you need to add them manually.

How do I import resources?
    Open the Global Economy view. Copy the window content. Choose Economy in SI Tool. Press 'New'. Press 'Import resources...'. Paste the copied content into the text field. Press OK.
    Alternatively, paste the JSON from the Intergalactic planet overview.

How many times do I have to spell that out, anyway... :D

Coordinates
    What are coordinates?
    In SI Tool planets are referenced in two ways. First there is the planet position in the form gg:ss:pp. It is fixed for any planet and refers to the galaxy, the system and the planet number inside a system. This form is used by SI 1.x.
    Additionally SI 2.0 uses the universe coordinates of a planet. They are written as gx:gy|sx:sy|px:py|o, consisting of the x- and y-coordinates of the galaxy, the system and the planet, followed by the orbit identifier of the planet. The planets move to the next orbit position at 4am each day.

Why do I need them?
    The coordinates are used to calculate the distance between planet and sun and so determine spice and solarsat energy production.
    They are also used to calculate the distance between planets to determine the exact length of escape flights.

What is the 'Coordinator'?
    The Coordinator is SI Tools way to manage planet coordinates. It is only available when an SI 2.0 account is active.

What is this spin counter?
    To facilitate coordinate import on different days and make them exchangeable between different accounts (albeit for the same universe, of course) they are 'normalized' to the 'Big Bang'. For that we need to know how many galaxy and planet movements (spins) occurred since the the beginning of the universe. Since they happen only irregularly this has to be done by the player.
    To get a reference frame after creation of a new SI2 account you need to import the file planets-SI2-U1.xml.gz from the SI Tool page. By changing the galaxy spin and spin controls and comparing the displayed coordinates for these planets with their in game values you can determine the correct settings for galaxy spin and spin. Now press the 'SYNC' button which will turn green. This procedure has to be repeated every day.

What does 'Synchronise automatically...' do?
    'Synchronise automatically...' attempts to simplify the above procedure when an unknown number of spins has happened since the last time you used SI Tool. Just copy the coordinates for the planets 01:01:01, 02:02:02, 03:03:03 and 04:04:04 into the appropriate text fields. Make sure you include the position (in square brackets) as well. It is checked to make sure that not another planet is accidentally used for calculation. When the field to the right turns green, the coordinates have been accepted. When all fields on the right side turned green, press 'Synchronise':

What is 'Load...' and 'Save...'?
    A list of all planets can be downloaded from the SI Tool download page.

Escape flights
    I don't have any planet coordinates and I really need to EF now!
    SI Tool can calculate escape flights without any coordinates. Just enter the position, research levels and ships.
    In that case SI Tool uses the systems sun as EF target. Those flights are shown in italics and the planet positions end in :x.
    Since you cannot really fly to the sun you need to select a planet which is nearby, the actual EF time will differ somewhat from the calculated one.

• SI Tool Version 4.34 released.

Universe speed (i.e. production, research) is now decoupled from fleet speed. When creating a new account fleet speed will be set to the same value as universe speed initially. Existing accounts get fleet speed 1x, regardless of universe speed. Fleet speed can be adjusted in the account view.
    Speed-up can be entered in the account view as well.
    Production multiplier for multiple production has been added to economy view.

Have fun
    Eagle

• Bald_Eagle perhaps you coud add to the economy page also possible extra production from mentoring programe ?
    +5-10-15-20-25-30 %

Regards :)
    always liked SI Tool :)

We're part of a story, part of a tale
    Sometimes beautiful and sometimes ... insane

• Official Post

both building upgrades and mentoring percentages are calculated on the base production.
    But both are adeded to the multiproduction.

Multiproductions in spaceinvasion are (at this moment, i plan to change this) "hacked" that you have each minute a job that books 60s of production (also all upgrads/mentorings) on your planets.

regards
    Dschibait

both building upgrades and mentoring percentages are calculated on the base production.
    But both are adeded to the multiproduction.

I take it then that the percentages are first applied to the base production and the resulting new base is used to calculate the mutiple production (in short, they are applied to the total)?
    As in
    total = (base + percentage) * multiplier

What are the possible values for these percentages? As Mariusz said, 5-30% in 5% steps? Both, or are there different ranges for buildings and mentoring?
    If both apply, do they properly multiply:
    Say, I have 20% mine bonus and 30% mentoring bonus, is the result 56% (1.2 * 1.3)?

Best regards
    Eagle

• Official Post

the best is to add only a general value of maximum 50% extra.

You can have 5x3% => 15% for building upgrads and
    5+10+15% => 30% for mentoring stars

means a maximum of adding production bonuses of 45%
    (they are addeded, means 3x 3% from building + 30% from mentoring = 39% of baseproduction extra)

We have situations where you can have more than 5 (3%) building upgrades; for example in the last days where we rebook the building upgrades for the server move time.
    So i would prefer a general bonus; but if you want to add a select field, you need to have all values /5 and /3

• OK, just be be sure, lets recap

• bonuses are added, not multiplied
    • mining bonuses come in increments of 3 (at most 5 times)
    • mentoring bonuses as value set 5,10,15
    • ususally they add up to at most 45% which is then applied to base production
    • multipliers are then applied to the new base

Basically an input field in the range 0-100 with a step size of one 'ought to be enough for anybody' :).