• Keep Thread open or close 1

1. Open (1) 100%
    2. Close (0) 0%

Energy depletion from attack's.
    That where a successful attack. That the Fusion plant energy supply to the planet is reduced by a 10% per attack. This would add another element to where being attacked you find that you'll have to adjust power distribution on planets.

Something that wouldn't be too difficult to implement into the programming for the attack function.

Maybe only from Battleships which then the battleship description would be correct in it's EMP weapon it has.
    Could also be the chance to add a new tech as well. EMP Tech level. Plus another defensive Tech like EMP Shielding for Fusion plants. Which can both then be used to calculate the energy loss on planet.

Power supply regenerate's over at a rate of 2% or 2.5% per hr.

Edited 4 times, last by AlienHarvestor: added in Power supply regenerating rate. ().

• So yeah, now you can save resources and fleet and mitigate damage, and now all you have to do is colonize planet nearby and spam attacks with your overwhelming fleet until player has literally no income to climb points. Very smart. With fly time of <20 mins in one system you can make those planets literally useless cause no energy = no production.

Bad idea.

• Well considering there is a restriction on how many time's within a 24 hr period that you can attack a player's planet. If the calc's are done properly the idea that a player would end up with zero energy wouldn't occur. Especially if for instant that you put a limit where once the energy is lowered to a certain amount it can't go any lower. So shooting an idea down with no possible solution isn't the right way to conduct a civil conversation over an idea. To me those who just come up with negative answers without trying to explain a better way of approaching the idea. Is probably another reason why some player's don't bother with bringing idea's up in the first place.

• Well considering there is a restriction on how many time's within a 24 hr period that you can attack a player's planet. If the calc's are done properly the idea that a player would end up with zero energy wouldn't occur. Especially if for instant that you put a limit where once the energy is lowered to a certain amount it can't go any lower. So shooting an idea down with no possible solution isn't the right way to conduct a civil conversation over an idea. To me those who just come up with negative answers without trying to explain a better way of approaching the idea. Is probably another reason why some player's don't bother with bringing idea's up in the first place.

Why i need better solution for idea if idea is bad in my opinion? Most attacks are from highers onto lowers, and this idea will make the difference between for example 80k and 300k even more severe.

• So your idea, let's see...

You want players who have already been attacked, potentially had resources taken and fleet destroyed, to "suffer" even more with this so called 'Energy Depletion.'

Even adding in your 2-2.5% energy regeneration rate, that's 4-5 hours of reduced production, again, after losing what could be a days worth of gathering resources whether it be from mines or farming inactives.

It is true that players can only be attacked 3 times in a 24 hour period. Now factoring in your energy regeneration rates with the best factor proposed, here's a hypothetical one for you:

So I'm attacked by the same player 3 times in 24 hours, just for fun they like to attack every 8 hours based on my production or whatever...so on that alone my planet only produces resources from mines at standard rates for 12 hours in a 24 hour period.

Now this guy has a friend who wants to do the same thing, so they coordinate their attacks...

• Player A attacks at 00:00:00
    • Player B attacks at 04:00:00
    • Player A attacks at 08:00:00
    • Player B attacks at 12:00:00
    • Player A attacks at 16:00:00
    • Player B attacks at 20:00:00

Again this is completely hypothetical but still can be done with the right players and online times.

Using your proposed idea, said attacked players planet would be at a constant reduced production rate. Now this could be done on every planet a player has if coordinated correctly...

This could be used to wipe small players out entirely after they leave the 10,000 point protection, especially if they're completely new/have no experience of the game.

I'm sorry but I don't see a way that this could be implemented into the game as it stands. I don't even see a way to make it more balanced to help out attacked players, including increasing the rate of energy return.

Now a little side note: After presenting an idea, yes other players will shoot it down and outright just say no. However it is your job to defend and adapt said idea for it to be a balanced one/viable for game implementation.

Retro I.D - 99383